Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Italy vs Costa Rica

Come on England Italy.
Winning by a few would help.

Comments

• Options
    Italy 8 - 0 Costa Rica :D
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

It would perhaps be kinder if we were put out of our misery.

Exactly what I'm hoping.
  • Options
    If Italy win by 2 goals today then any England would win would put us above Costa Rica.
    So Italy winning 2-0 or 8-0 is irrelevant really.

If Italy win by 1, then England would have to win by two.

(Obviously still relying on Italy to be Uruguay regardless of scores)
  • Options
    Actually a 2 goal win followed by a 1 goal win (or the other way around) would put England and Costa Rica on equal goal difference so it would go to goals scored.
    Far to confusing.....

Italy 8-0 is in fact a much more simple result.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Basically whatever Italy do against Costa Rica we have to better the result? (Unless Italy win at least 3-0 tonight)
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that Italy will beat Costa Rica tonight then play out a 1-1 draw with Suarez & co their last group match thus eliminating England.

I agree with the previous poster. In a strange way I hope that we are put out of our misery tonight before the inevitable happens.
  • Options
    Wanting Italy to not win to "put us out of our misery" really is strange.

I'm dressing up as Super Mario for the occasion.
  • Options
    We won't even beat Costa Rica so this game is immaterial.
  • Options
    Think it's all irrelevant really as even if they win tonight to prolong our stay, i cannot see Italy's reserves beating Uruguay in the last game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 a certainty. Not that it matters England couldn't beat a Costa Coffee XI...
    Twats
  • Options

I'm pretty sure that Italy will beat Costa Rica tonight then play out a 1-1 draw with Suarez & co their last group match thus eliminating England.

I agree with the previous poster. In a strange way I hope that we are put out of our misery tonight before the inevitable happens.

If Italy do beat Costa Rica tonight, then it would be very risky for Uruguay to play out a draw with Italy because a point may not actually be enough for them to qualify. If Uruguay are 0-0 with Italy at 70 minutes and we are still level say 0-0 with Costa Rica too, Uruguay would have to go for the win as a point would see them eliminated on goal difference!

So let's hope they do go for that win and Italy catch them on the break and we score a late winner v Costa Rica and then we would be going through!

• Options
    Come on Italy, i don't care if everyone else wants to wallow, i will sulk when we are officially out, rather then join in the mass sniping at players & manager.
  • Options
  • Options
    Not that it matters, but a 1-0 win or a 2-0 win is the same for England, as they would have to beat Costa Rica by 2 goals - if Uruguay lose to Italy by any margin of course. If Italy win 3-0, then England would only have to beat Costa Rica by one goal!

Italy will win today I suspect - probably by one or two - but there is no way they will try hard enough to beat Uruguay!.
  • Options

Not that it matters, but a 1-0 win or a 2-0 win is the same for England, as they would have to beat Costa Rica by 2 goals - if Uruguay lose to Italy by any margin of course. If Italy win 3-0, then England would only have to beat Costa Rica by one goal!

Italy will win today I suspect - probably by one or two - but there is no way they will try hard enough to beat Uruguay!.

Why not??

Fringe players getting a run out, trying to impress, fully fit, against a Uruguay team under pressure and playing their 3rd game in 10 days.

Its clutching a straws but there is hope.
  • Options
    Cant understand some people. Here we are with a chance of qualifying and you want us to be put of our misery !!!
    Whats the matter with you people? Where's your Dunkirk spirit? As long as we've got a chance of qualifying then lets go for it. If we qualify then we're on the same points as any team that won 3 games - and maybe then we might get a bit of luck like 1) someone being sent off for elbowing Sturridge in the throat or 2) Rooney's header going in or 3) Rooney finally finding his goal scoring boots.
    Tell you what, those who have said 'lets get put out of our misery' - you certainly wouldnt be in any team of anything if i had to choose it. Shame on you.
  • Options
    Buffon starts

Abate starts at RB with Damain to LB
  • Options

Cant understand some people. Here we are with a chance of qualifying and you want us to be put of our misery !!!
    Whats the matter with you people? Where's your Dunkirk spirit? As long as we've got a chance of qualifying then lets go for it. If we qualify then we're on the same points as any team that won 3 games - and maybe then we might get a bit of luck like 1) someone being sent off for elbowing Sturridge in the throat or 2) Rooney's header going in or 3) Rooney finally finding his goal scoring boots.
    Tell you what, those who have said 'lets get put out of our misery' - you certainly wouldnt be in any team of anything if i had to choose it. Shame on you.

Right on, il Presidente!
  • Options
    Italy might think in their interest to let a dodgy England side get through as opposed to Uruguay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    What about a Costa Rica win today?
  • Options
    bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    MrOneLung said:

Italy might think in their interest to let a dodgy England side get through as opposed to Uruguay.

to be honest, i don't think Italy cares one bit who goes through as long as they finish top of their group themselves.

you guys need 3 results to go your way and there is only one you can determine yourself. So just watch ITA-CRC and relax, if italy beats CRC, make sure you do the same and than hope the ITA-URU resul goes your way.

it's a though position to be in but you guys just need a small miracle to go to the 2nd round, but hey, miracles do happen sometimes.
  • Options

What about a Costa Rica win today?

Adios Inglaterra
  • Options
    AVANTI, AVANTI, AVANTI
  • Options
    We is Gone!
  • Options
    wish Italy had kept with the reserve keeper.
  • Options
    Come on Balotelli do it for Fanny.
  • Options
    CR look comfortable.

Italy not trying.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Little Bolanos. Best player we never signed. But for a dodgy work permit decision.......must be me going gaga as I remember him as having fairer skin colouring but its deffo the same guy who played a couple of trial games for us in the ore season before (or was it after?) we got relegated from the prem.
  • Options
    Costa Rica have the ability to make teams sweat when they attack, England seemingly don't. It's causing Italy unrest. I personally don't think we'll beat CRC ourselves, regardless of the two Azurri results - but let's hope they win them both, cling on to the glimmer of hope we have