Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Terry and Ashley Cole World cup

John Terry and Ashley Cole should have been at the world cup and should have been starting their leadership and heart was missing from the team .
Gerrard can't captain the England team where Terry can .

Comments

• Options

John Terry and Ashley Cole should have been at the world cup and should have been starting their leadership and heart was missing from the team .

If you are saying Terry, then Ferdinand should be there, Terry will never play for England again and I say good
  • Options
    Not Ashley Cole, but John Terry would have partnered Cahill better because of their club, they know how to play and have an understanding with eachother.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Terry was one of the best Defenders in the premier league if not the best. Ferdinand was no where near
    his level .
  • Options

Terry was one of the best Defenders in the premier league if not the best. Ferdinand was no where near
    his level .

Rio was better than Terry if you ask me. Sol Campbell was better than both of them.
  • Options

his level .

Rio was better than Terry if you ask me. Sol Campbell was better than both of them.
    I was talking about this year in the Premier league .
  • Options

They were the spine of the team when they were both four years younger and we were still shit.

Next

But back then it was the defenders who were good and the midfield/attack wasn't good enough. Now however, its regarded that the defence is weak and we are better going forward. That said, we still only scored 1 tonight.
    You cannot argue that Terry would have been better than Jagielka. He has always been better and with Cahill alongside him, it was our best CB partnership, no doubt about it.
    You cant concede two goals and expect to win matches at the World Cup. Tonight, Sterling and Welbeck weren't good enough. Lallana's passion when he came on was evident and he should have started instead of Welbeck.
  • Options

Just had to suffer RTE's presentation. Johnny Giles, Liam Brady, and that complete **** Dunphy all going on about how John Terry and his big heart would have made all the difference.

That would be the same John Terry who was ready to lead a mutiny in South Africa, made a complete hash of it at the press conference, and was told by his own team mates to shut it?

Its bad enough having to sit through that. But to think people believe the answer to it all is John Terry...well, good night.

Quite. I don't think we are going out of this WC due to the absense of a) effort or b) leadership, albeit in the shape of such a horrible person as John Terry. We are going home due to individual errors and the fact that we are not good enough.
  • Options
    I'm afraid it was men against boys in both the Italy and Uruguay games and I think Roy miscalculated. We needed a couple of older heads out. We just didn't have the guile, cunning, experience (whatever you want to call it) to be able to perform at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Agree with that. F**k Gerrard off. Bring back Terry bollocks to the Ferdinands
  • Options
    Move on ffs
  • Options
    Rob said:

I'm afraid it was men against boys in both the Italy and Uruguay games and I think Roy miscalculated. We needed a couple of older heads out. We just didn't have the guile, cunning, experience (whatever you want to call it) to be able to perform at this level.

They were both losses, one perhaps more deserved that the other. But to say it was "men against boys" is just hysteria, sometimes football is a game of margins and pretty much England were on the other side of a very fine one.
  • Options
    It's not hysteria. I think it was pretty obvious in both games that we were out thought and outsmarted. The other team did just enough to win. The vital goal when it was needed. Those are the fine margins that win games.
  • Options

Baines was shown up in both matches. Italy's second goal was down to his failure to shut down the cross. Cole is still a better defender and should have played.

Harsh.I thought he was our best player.

• Options
    Rob said:

It's not hysteria. I think it was pretty obvious in both games that we were out thought and outsmarted. The other team did just enough to win. The vital goal when it was needed. Those are the fine margins that win games.

Agreed, that doesn't sound like "men against boys".
  • Options
    What part of John Terry retiring from England and not wishing to play for them anymore do people not get?
  • Options
    Ballotellis goal and suarezs first were both down to Cahill and jagielka caught ball watching and losing the striker, schoolboy mistakes, believe Terry would of made a difference PJ is pants
  • Options
    Baines played well tonight .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing.....
  • Options
    Beaten by the better team in both games. I hope we still qualify......then anything can happen on a knock out stage
  • Options
    Dont get why Baines is getting stick, the first game he had no support from Rooney, today I thought he was our best player on the pitch
  • Options
    Would be a huge step backwards! Agree we need more depth in defence... but these boys will be better off from the experience.. at the euros and next world cup we will have hopefully continued to produce more young talent! Particularly a good holding midfielder as Gerrard is only a converted box to box midfielder who's legs have gone! Who knows maybe a certain Diego or Jordan will fill that role.. but this tournament has been progress.. We have moved away from the old boring 442 to a much better more fluid 4-2-3-1! Need 2 cb a rb holding midfielder and extra striker! The front 3 of midfield look quite good and we have plenty of depth there! Think Henderson has been a good find this tournament! His endless energy and commitment are what's needed in a 4-2-3-1.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    We're always going backwards.

I don't see Ronaldinho, Kaka, Totti, Del Piero, Henry, Cannavaro playing at the World Cup.

Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Terry, Carrick should be nowhere near the team. Get rid, move on and start bringing youth through.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Bring back Bobby Charlton, and Bobby Moore! (slightly more difficult!).
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Beaten by the better team in both games. I hope we still qualify......then anything can happen on a knock out stage

Ha! Love this sort of blind optimism.
    The only team we could possibly beat with this squad is Greece. And even then it would be on penalties. Give up, watch some cricket and look forward to the real torment starting in SE7.
  • Options
    Terry is to slow. Would been a disaster
  • Options
    They wouldn't have been worse than what we have
  • Options
    If we had played them and lost, everyone would have said that Woy shouldn't have played them. Suarez is simply superb, we're not and we lost. Move on :-)