Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Westwood brings up his 150

286-4
  • Options
    Ambrose lbw b S Curran 23

290-5
  • Options
    2-4 since we took the new ball. Westwood latest to go.

They're complaining about bad light.
  • Options
    Westwood c Borthwick b Footitt 153

292-6
  • Options
    Going off for bad light. They're very angry about the umpires taking them off for bad light just after the wicket.

We don't want to go off. Bowling very well. Surrey commentators saying the light hasn't deteriorated in the last 10 mins since the umpires told us it was okay.
  • Options

Massive collapse after tea 320 all out i reckon

Light permitting i could still be correct
  • Options
    With the ball still new there is no reason we can't knock em over quickly tomorrow
  • Options
    And that's the close of play.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates Epsom
  • Options
    Morning all again.

3 wickets have fallen this morning, Clarke to Footitt before Patel and Wright were dismissed by Sam Curran.

Warwickshire currently 332-9
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hannon-Dalby c Stoneman b T Curran 9

332 all out - you weren't far off @blackpool72
  • Options
    Burns c Trott b Wright 6

14-1
  • Options
    That's the last prediction from me.
    Quit while I'm ahead: )
  • Options
    51-1 at lunch, Stoneman 24* and Borthwick 18*
  • Options
    Seems like a good position... keep batting all day and see where we are at lunch tomorrow.

Now I don't want to start Dernbach bashing... I'm glad the he is back in contention for the championship side and I'm glad we have options to rotate. But his role in the side is to be keeping an end tight adding pressure whilst the others take the wickets. Yet he's being our most expensive bowler. If he's gonna get hit and not take wickets we might as well play Meaker. A genuine wicket taker with something different and a yard more pace than anyone else in the side.

Some good news being rumored that Roy is fed up with not playing in the IPL and is looking to come home early. In an interview he said it was a waste of time. So we may see him in the next few weeks in the build up to the England Ireland match. Sibley's place under pressure if he doesn't start scoring runs...
  • Options
    Stoneman reaches 50

85-1
  • Options
    Borthwick also brings up his 50, but then...

Borthwick c Trott b Clarke 50

127-2
  • Options
    Tea - 197-2, Stoneman 93* and Sangakkara 43*
  • Options
    Stoneman brings up his century - he's now on 119, while at the other end Sangakkara is on 70.

255-2
  • Options
    Stoneman lbw b Barker 123

286-3, Sangakkara on 91
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Close of play

Surrey 299-3, Sangakkara 98* and Sibley 12*
  • Options
    Morning all again.

Sangakkara made his century, but then...

Sangakkara c Clarke b Barker 105

312-4
  • Options
    Time to step up Mr Sibley. Bat for the team. None of this 10 from 90 balls rubbish!
  • Options
    I thought that a number 5 was to help push the score along. Mr Sibley seems to do the opposite. I wonder how many bonus points we miss out on with him?

• Options
    alangee said:

I thought that a number 5 was to help push the score along. Mr Sibley seems to do the opposite. I wonder how many bonus points we miss out on with him?

Yes he's very much a top 3 batsman. Not suited to the 5 slot at all. The trouble is he's class. And you want to fit him in somewhere. I suspect Mr Roy will take his sport when he returns.

The odd thing is that in the one day stuff he is a totally different player. I don't understand how he can't transfer that into the championship. He seems to be doing better today so can't complain.
  • Options

A quote from George Dobell's report on cricinfo. What a line...
  • Options
    Foakes holes out for 21. He was trying to up the pace to ensure max batting points. He was going well so should have just carried on what he was doing.

Surrey are 22 ahead.

Sam Curran to the crease.
  • Options
    Sibley gets his 50 off 92 balls.

He's shut me up! The last 30 or so runs have come very quickly. Motoring now.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates canters.

Sibley lbw b Clarke 56

394-6
  • Options
    Picked up our 5th batting point with 3 overs to spare.