Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    Impressive - well done.
  • Options
    Interesting stat from L1 is that we have fewer bowling bonus points than most teams including the bottom team (Worcestershire) from same number of matches.
  • Options
    Now going Friday, been found room in the new family stand, not sure I'll enjoy all the kids but apparently it's now in the England Suite and us adults have our own bar!!!
  • Options
    Just thought I would let you know, I’m off to Lords today. I hope you guys have a lovely day, whatever you choose to do.

Come on Kent.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Just thought I would let you know, I’m off to Lords today. I hope you guys have a lovely day, whatever you choose to do.

Come on Kent.

Hopefully you will have a good day mate the sun is shining and all looking good.

Win today and then get stuffed next Friday:)
  • Options
    Haha, I will except
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Squad announced for tonight's and tomorrow night's game.

Much depleted with our entire top 3 (Finch Roy Maddinson) all missing to call ups and our opening bowler (Sam) and death bowler (Tom) also missing due to England duty. Tom has since been released by England due to a side strain that will keep him out for a while.

Good news for Surrey is that since that announcement Sam has been given permission to play in tonight's game only by England.

I suspect we will line up something like

Jacks
    Pope
    Burns
    Smith
    Foakes
    Patel/Borthwick
    Sam
    Clarke
    Morkel
    Batty
    Dernbach

Very light on batting but not sure what else can be done there.

Rather annoying this as with a full strength side we would be incredible. 5 missing for the first 4 games could well ruin our chances.
  • Options
    Currently 102/4 after 13.

Clarke 22 and Pope 4
  • Options
    Our 2nd 11 are doing fantastic.
    141 for 4 off 16 overs.
  • Options
    Clarke moves to 50 of 24 balls,
    141/4, 4 overs left
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarke bowled for 50, Borthwick new man in
  • Options
    158/6, only 17 runs from the final 4 overs leaves us a good 20 runs short I think.
  • Options

158/6, only 17 runs from the final 4 overs leaves us a good 20 runs short I think.

Considering it's half our reserve side it's not a bad effort
  • Options

Completely agree, just a shame about the last 4 overs although Helm and Bravo did bowl them well.

Stirling looks like he will knock off the runs on his own in double quick time!!
  • Options

Completely agree, just a shame about the last 4 overs although Helm and Bravo did bowl them well.

Stirling looks like he will knock off the runs on his own in double quick time!!
    I'm at the oval tomorrow with 7 Kent supporting mates.
    Not looking forward to it to be honest.
  • Options

Don't envy you, hopefully Kent are still reeling from the one day final loss!

I'm there too, up in the family stand and no doubt will have had enough of the screaming kids within the first few overs.
  • Options
    Batty on a hat trick
  • Options
    No hat trick for Bats.

Mid 88/3 after 10
  • Options
    Game on!!!!!!

Morkel gets Bravo for 1, 89/4
  • Options
    Big Morne on a hat trick now!!!! 89/5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These youngsters Morkel and Batty are definitely ones to look at for in the future.
  • Options

These youngsters Morkel and Batty are definitely ones to look at for in the future.

Mind you both have got a lot to learn about how to catch a ball.
  • Options

Mind you both have got a lot to learn about how to catch a ball.
    Neither will want to see replays of those drops!!
  • Options
    There are no12 of us going tomorrow.
    11 Kent and me.
    Any luck I can have some sort of back up:)
  • Options
    Middlesex need 32 from 26, 4 wickets for Surrey to get.
  • Options
    It's coming home... well, to the Home of Cricket.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Your lads clearly saving themselves for tomorrow, @blackpool72 :wink:

Sadly, can't make this one but will be listening to the BBC commentary.
  • Options
    Uh oh....all the caravanners come visit for their little dig.
    Shame i said pleasant things about Kent after their fnal loss.
  • Options

The tweet said that Sam was released by England for tonight's game. Didn't say he wouldn't play tomorrow but certainly implied it. That would make us even weaker.

The side did well batting considering it's a second string. Odd to send Sam in at 4 when he's been awful with the bat all year and we have a player like Pope to come who has been fantastic and made his name in the T20 stuff last year. Odd to open with Clarke when that has been Dernbach' s role for about 10 years. Odd that given batty got two wicjets and went at 4.5 an over we didn't give Jack's or Borthwick one over to see if they would do better than the quicks that were taking some treatment.

Much to learn for a side made up of young players or those who aren't suited to the format.
  • Options
    I was there last night, couple of mates are MCC members (they're Surrey fans though) and got me a ticket with access to the pavilion. Was great to see it all again (been before), but being suited & booted in this weather is not good for me!!
    Thought our score was about 20 runs short and Stirling always has a good 20/20 game against us. Rikki Clarke was excellent, very impressed. Didn't think Morkel bowled very well and put his 2 wickets down to 2 excellent catches rather than good bowling.