Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done Dr Dre

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2014
    JaShea99 said:

He's also not a rapper, not sure why people keep calling him one.

How is Dre not a rapper? He is many things also but he has rapped on hugely successful records...he is a vocally weak rapper for sure but he is definitely a rapper.

Or maybe you meant Slim Shady but that makes no sense to me.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

He's also not a rapper, not sure why people keep calling him one.

How is Dre not a rapper? He is many things also but he has rapped on hugely successful records...he is a vocally weak rapper for sure but he is definitely a rapper.

Or maybe you meant Slim Shady but that makes no sense to me.
    He's a producer who raps, he's not a rapper. You would never list him in a list of great rappers. Great producers but not great rappers.
  • Options
    Agree if you mean Dre...but you said he isnt a rapper, whereas isnt it fairer to say "he isnt a rapper I rate highly"?

So someone else was spitting on California Love, Next Epsiode, Forgot About Dre, Let me Ride, Aint nuffink but a Gthang?

Not saying I like those tunes particular (exception of CL) but those are massive tunes in terms of sales.

He aint no Big L for sure but he spits
  • Options
    lol it's not about ability or sales. He himself would admit he's not a rapper. Surely you know what makes him different from any other rapper mentioned on this thread?
  • Options
    Well I would say he has real real talent with the software and hardware in his productions.

So self-determination is your criterion? Blow me down to disqualify ability and popularity. Im the worlds greatest rapper so by your own logic, I am

However, according to the man himself "Im a pimp slash rapper, I thought you knew that"
  • Options
    Ok. You know he doesn't write his own raps right? His ghostwriters, usually the rappers he collaborates with write for him. I'm not knocking that, it's fine and as you point out he's made some absolute bangers. But for that reason, he's not a rapper, wouldn't consider himself one, and no one with any hip hop knowledge would call him a rapper. But you knew that right?
  • Options
    Not really no, useful.

Obviously thats a big factor as a rapper should always spit his own lyrics
  • Options
    Oh. Wasn't trying to be cocky, assumed you knew.

Exactly. As a producer he's on another level but you could train a parrot to rap a verse.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Ok. You know he doesn't write his own raps right? His ghostwriters, usually the rappers he collaborates with write for him. I'm not knocking that, it's fine and as you point out he's made some absolute bangers. But for that reason, he's not a rapper, wouldn't consider himself one, and no one with any hip hop knowledge would call him a rapper. But you knew that right?

Captain Nitpick to the rescue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

"A rapper should always spit his own lyrics"

One phrase I never thought I would read on Charlton Life.

Well is a hip hop thread but yes i do talk nonsense ;)
  • Options
    Big L rest in peace
  • Options
    Best ever IMO

Full Clip. ..a rapper telling people guns are horrible. well played that man
  • Options

Best ever IMO

Full Clip. ..a rapper telling people guns are horrible. well played that man

One of the things I love about Akala.