Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well done Dr Dre

The first billionaire rap artist. Who would have predicted that in the days of NWA.
«13

Comments

  • There's an interesting story behind Beats by Dre, if anyone's interested.

    http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-dre-the-inside-story-of-how-monster-lost-the-world
  • Interesting read.
  • Chunes said:

    There's an interesting story behind Beats by Dre, if anyone's interested.

    http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-dre-the-inside-story-of-how-monster-lost-the-world

    That is interesting. It pretty much confirms that millions bought Beats for fashion reasons, as opposed to suddenly caring about sound quality.
  • Bought Dr Dre headphones for my daughter - and both sets fell apart after about a month of use.
  • JaShea99 said:

    Chunes said:

    There's an interesting story behind Beats by Dre, if anyone's interested.

    http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-dre-the-inside-story-of-how-monster-lost-the-world

    That is interesting. It pretty much confirms that millions bought Beats for fashion reasons, as opposed to suddenly caring about sound quality.
    Wish the millions of crappy iphone headphone users would buy new ones too
  • A phantom success. The genius is somebody elses, dressed up in the shit. I suppose the only good thing is that a company that screws everyone it can, got screwed buying an ephemral company that'll have dead market share in a few years.

    Everyone cheers, when this is just as hollow as the 'bankers' money making. Yay 50 cent made some useless sports drink, Yay Chris Evans made 200 million selling Virgin Radio whch operates on 70's medium wave. Who pays for it? You and I when we bail out the banks who've financed shit deals through myriad shit funds. Well done Dre for ripping someone off.
  • Not bad for a bisexual studio gangster who used to wear drag. When are we getting your new album Dre?
  • Sponsored links:


  • He's made more from these headphones than he ever did from music. Funny world isn't it
  • "You are now about to witness the strength of street power" - NWA
  • Dr Dre's dead, he's locked in my basement!
  • Its not a subjective thing, but you are twonk if you buy beats headphones, you're an even bigger twonk if you buy fake beats.
  • Did somebody call?
  • He can use all his money to finance social inprovements in Compton and other deprived areas of America.

    there's a lot of deprived areas of the states, would take a lot more than a billion to help that. Detroit and Camden .NJ are places that need it badly, and they alone would cost a lot more than a billion to help.
  • He can use all his money to finance social inprovements in Compton and other deprived areas of America.

    Would you?

    I am pretty sure he does a lot for charity already, why should he give up his money.

    At the end of the day he is self made billionaire good luck to him
  • Probably the worst head phones on the market, so he's done very well for himself.

    I'm sure he will appreciate the praise and acceptance of valleygary.
  • JaShea99 said:

    Chunes said:

    There's an interesting story behind Beats by Dre, if anyone's interested.

    http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-dre-the-inside-story-of-how-monster-lost-the-world

    That is interesting. It pretty much confirms that millions bought Beats for fashion reasons, as opposed to suddenly caring about sound quality.
    Wish the millions of crappy iphone headphone users would buy new ones too
    Now they're the worst headphones made! Probably has more sound coming out than going in the ears.
  • Jarman said:

    Probably the worst head phones on the market, so he's done very well for himself.

    I'm sure he will appreciate the praise and acceptance of valleygary.
    Most do.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Not a billionaire , just the $800m actually . No idea how he'll get by on that .
  • He was worth $350m already, I think this takes him over the Billion mark
  • Bought Dr Dre headphones for my daughter - and both sets fell apart after about a month of use.

    Yep, my son got his for a bargain price in Greece whilst on holiday and the damn things stop working before we got back in the UK. Waste of 15 euros.
  • Shame that we'll probably never get another album from him. 2001 was a masterpiece.
  • Best thing he's done is bring through Eminem.
  • dizzee said:

    Best thing he's done is bring through Eminem.

    lol no
  • cafctom said:

    Shame that we'll probably never get another album from him. 2001 was a masterpiece.

    2001 was good but the chronic however was a masterpiece
  • He was worth $350m already, I think this takes him over the Billion mark

    Only in America, their billion is just a measly thousand million

  • I don't think this has much to do with the headphones. Beats has a streaming service in the US and I think Apple wants to take on Spotify.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!