Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PROTEST (old thread)

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
Having read the interview with Alex Dyer in today's SLP, it is clear that OUR club is in a very very poorly state. With the imminent appointment of yet another unkown Belgian manager, with an even less impressive cv than Riga, I seriously feel that our club is on the edge of a cliff. We cannot let RD ruin our club, Cardiff have got to the premier league but at what cost? Their history and fan base has been pissed on by Vincent Tan, and I cannot help but think our club will become just as much of an embarassment if we let RD continue.

There was a protest by Standard fans to show their feelings, something similar needs to be done by us. The only way we can show our feelings as a group is by acting as a group.

Very interested to hear feedback on this topic

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    Maybe mid season!? Or if poyet and cousins go!!! Then I'm in
  • Options
    Look where that protest got them.... RD still in charge and them competing at the top of their league. My understanding is that their fans NOW see some sort of mthod behind his madness
  • Options
    OsamaBH, I anticipate a large take up on CL for your offer.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    So we let RD carry on, we let him choose who comes in against the managers wishes, we let him sack every manager who refuses to play the crap he brings in from his network?
  • Options

So we let RD carry on, we let him choose he comes on against the managers wishes, we let him sack every manager who refuses to play the crap he brings in from his network?

Yep. It's his club.

• Options
    ffs!!!!!
  • Options
    Chizz said:

So we let RD carry on, we let him choose he comes on against the managers wishes, we let him sack every manager who refuses to play the crap he brings in from his network?

Yep. It's his club.

He owns it but it's the fans club and the community's. But no as much as I am a sceptic we have to see where this is all going. Don't think a protest will make a blind bit of difference to RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Look where that protest got them.... RD still in charge and them competing at the top of their league. My understanding is that their fans NOW see some sort of mthod behind his madness

Are you agreeing to the protest then?

• Options
    I'm afraid a new pitch, that needed to be done anyway, does not sugar cos
    Chizz said:

Yep. It's his club.

No, it is our club
  • Options
    He owns the club OBH. And that is probably the only 100% accurate statement we can possibly go on at this time. It is your right to poll for a protest of course. I just personally don't share your zeal obviously.
  • Options

I'm afraid a new pitch, that needed to be done anyway, does not sugar cos

Chizz said:

Yep. It's his club.

No, it is our club
    Is it? How much did we pay for it? And which of us gets to sit in the directors' box?
  • Options
    Roland + Departure = Likely Administration = 10 point deduction = Almost certain relegation
  • Options
    WSS said:

If this:

Or this:

Or this:

Didn't bother RD, I doubt a tea party by the Sam Bartram statue will. We're stuck with him until someone else makes him an offer where he makes money on us.

I don't expect him to leave as a result of it. I expect him to understand how we feel and adjust how he treats our club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Early yet. Look at how much the O'Grady offer could change things. If by the end of August our transfer business amounts to O'Grady along with some other decent strikers and players with proven Championship talent all over the pitch mixed with some exciting foreign prospects I doubt we'll all be crying. Alternatively it could be a total let-down with players who can't cut it at our level and another looming relegation. Until we know, protesting might be jumping the gun a bit
  • Options

Are you agreeing to the protest then?

Haha, I am quite content to see how it plays out for now. I am actually quietly optimistic for the future.
  • Options
    Fucking hell
  • Options
    I can just see our lot making a barrier at Floyd Rd with their tartan blankets and thermos flasks .
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Zoot Alors!

The Greenwich Safety Team would be down on us like a ton of bricks. If the flares ain't bad enough someone could take their eye out with one of them flag poles. Can't we just "tut" and shrug our shoulders like normal?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Apart from sending Powell a few e mails and ringing him wanting the network players to be played and not putting Riga in charge I am happy with what RD has done for us so far.

What has he done aside from that?

• Options
    Our best players allowed to leave.
    Only a handful of contracts renewed.
    Brought in players deemed not good enough for the other teams in our network.
    Powell sacked for not playing his tosh.
    Riga brought in, expected to play his tosh, realises they're not good enough so refuses to play them, shown the door.
    Brings in Peeters, an unkown Belgian with a shit management record. The only conclusion we have is that he is looking for a yes man.

I don't understand how we as fans can be happy with this. Really is no surprise we get mocked by other teams.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

dickplumb said:

Apart from sending Powell a few e mails and ringing him wanting the network players to be played and not putting Riga in charge I am happy with what RD has done for us so far.

He's lowered Season Ticket prices... Introduced incentives to get behind the players (the sea of red.. free programmes etc...)
  • Options

MrLargo said:

dickplumb said:

He's lowered Season Ticket prices... Introduced incentives to get behind the players (the sea of red.. free programmes etc...)
    Impressive!