Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryan Giggs retires

124»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

I’m going to stick my neck out and say no. 😂
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    CafcWest said:
    Looks like he will probably be retiring again soon... can't see him staying as Wales Manager.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56864731
    Really too much points to this bloke being a complete arsehole. 

Allegedly shagged his brother's wife as well.
    Weirdly I thought it was the other way round, but a quick Google shows it was as you say.
    edit: about three days late with comment  :(
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be great if the FA introduced a rule that if you’re a c**t, you have to wear an armband acknowledging this!
    Especially if it applied to referees as well.
  • Options

Wales boss and ex-Manchester United player Ryan Giggs will go on trial in January accused of headbutting his ex-girlfriend and controlling her.

Mr Giggs, 47, allegedly assaulted Kate Greville, 36, and caused her actual bodily harm at his home in Greater Manchester on 1 November last year.

He is also accused of controlling and coercive behaviour between December 2017 and November 2020.

He will face trial at Manchester Crown Court on 24 January.

Mr Giggs appeared at the court on Friday during a short hearing where he confirmed his identity and the date was set. He was told the trial could last three weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57280487

• Options
    January?! Pity he's not being held on remand.
  • Options

Wales manager and former Manchester United player Ryan Giggs has pleaded not guilty to assaulting two women.

The footballer denied causing actual bodily harm to a woman in her 30s and common assault of a woman in her 20s at a property in Salford last November.

Mr Giggs, of Worsley, also pleaded not guilty to a charge of coercive or controlling behaviour.

The 47-year-old appeared before Manchester Crown Court on Friday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57939707

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60036711

Wales manager Ryan Giggs' trial has been delayed until 8 August due to a lack of court space.
    Mr Giggs, 48, was due to go on trial at Manchester Crown Court on Monday accused of coercive behaviour and assault against his ex-girlfriend and her sister.
    However, a hearing was told there was nowhere available in the building.
    Mr Giggs' barrister, Chris Daw, QC, said his client was "extremely disappointed" at the development.
    All parties agreed to the new date, and the trial is set to last a minimum of five days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Former Manchester United footballer and ex-Wales manager Ryan Giggs will not face a retrial on an allegation he assaulted his ex-girlfriend.

It comes after charges were withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) at a hearing at Manchester Crown Court.

The retrial had been due to start at Manchester Crown Court on 31 July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66230391

• Options
    will be interesting to see if a civil case is brought against him 
  • Options
    will be interesting to see if a civil case is brought against him 
    I doubt it, if the case was dropped because one of the accusers is no longer willing to proceed then I can't see why they'd put themselves through a civil case instead/as well.
  • Options
    I wonder how much this has cost him to make it go away.

I wonder how many others will not report these types of things because of people getting paid off to go away just like Greenwood (allegedly)

Scumbags the lot of them.  The wankers who do it and the wankers who defend them
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I wonder how much this has cost him to make it go away.

I wonder how many others will not report these types of things because of people getting paid off to go away just like Greenwood (allegedly)

Scumbags the lot of them.  The wankers who do it and the wankers who defend them
    my thoughts exactly, certainly no surprise this has been dropped just before the retrial 

did the CPS withdraw the charges of their own accord or did a key witness decide they no longer wanted to testify...£££
  • Options

"Referring to the first trial in 2022 he said: “In this case, Miss Greville and her sister Emma gave evidence over a number of days in a case when there was considerable media and public interest, and it is that particularly that that’s taken its toll on them, in particular Kate Greville.”

Mr Wright said there had been “protracted” efforts to find out why she was unwilling to co-operate with a second trial but prosecuting lawyers did not think it appropriate to issue a witness summons to compel her to give evidence for a second time."

It says in the article that i read that she was not willing to go through a second trial as it has taken its toll on her and her sister who both went through the first trial for days giving evidence.  She couldn't face it again and i dont blame her.  Not sure saying she's taken money for it to go away, why would she go through the first one if so?

• Options
    Just seeing some of those posts from a year or two back - I have never, ever understood why rape is an acceptable thing to joke about, even when it comes to prisoners. I mean it's lazy comedy, that's one thing - it's up there with shit like "I bet you're fun at parties" and "That's what she said" etc (and people who then reply with "I bet you're fun at parties lol" like it's the height of ironic comedy to post the thing I just criticised) but the justice system doesn't include rape as part of the punishment. It's a harrowing thing that happens to people and is not something anybody deserves. Why is it funny to some people!?