Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryan Giggs retires

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:
    What messages are these then? Seen the news stories about him being arrested 
    Heard it was for assault, as he was at home I guess it must be for domestic violence but no real idea.
    I thought I heard on the radio earlier today that the police said that they were called to a disturbance & the complainant had superficial injuries. Certainly nothing that would have made them arrest him for ABH.
  • Options
    Superb player. Seemingly horrible person though.
  • Options

His father has been a huge influence on him. "He was my first hero. I never really had footballers I worshipped – I loved Bryan RobsonMark Hughes, people like that – but watching him perform for three or four years every Sunday home and away, he was so talented. Going to training with him, he was someone I looked up to." But he also despised him – Wilson was an aggressive bully to Giggs's mother, and walked out on the family when Giggs was 15. In his autobiography, Giggs described the welter of emotions as he carried his father's bag to the station for him for the last time – loss, hurt, anger.

Nurture or nature?

• Options
     If the picture that is going around is real then his career is finished and quite rightly so. 
  • Options
    Sadly the picture is real, hence why he has withdrawn from managing Wales 
  • Options
    Chris Coleman back in as Manager I believe 
  • Options
    Not sure if the picture will turn out to be genuine, but, with the form he has he could be heading right up shit creek rather shortly.

Who would have thought that the kind of guy that shags his brother's wife behind his back turns out to be a bit of a wrongun'?
  • Options
    If Coleman gets the job, he won't believe his luck.

Screwed them over for more money at Sunderland, failed, got a very well paid job in China, failed, then gets the job back.

And he's married to Charlotte Jackson.
  • Options
    Seen a pic on Twitter but it’s fake 
  • Options
    If Coleman gets the job, he won't believe his luck.

Screwed them over for more money at Sunderland, failed, got a very well paid job in China, failed, then gets the job back.

And he's married to Charlotte Jackson.
    But did brilliantly with Wales. Perfect choice in my opinion, with Kit Symons as his number two. I know Kit quite well and he’s a lovely bloke. He’s been looking to get back in since the China thing so would be pleased for him if this is true. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like he will probably be retiring again soon... can't see him staying as Wales Manager.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56864731
  • Options
    Such a shame this is tarnishing his great career. 
  • Options
    Obviously the assault is appalling, but 3 years worth of coercive control is the bit that sticks out on those allegations for me.  Lots more to come out there I suspect.
  • Options
    On the pitch an amazing opportunity for Robert Page, who out of nowhere gets the chance to manage his country at the Euros
  • Options
    George Best and Gazza with their alcoholism. Maradona with drugs. Now Giggs with cheating and assaulting multiple women.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Always amazes me the number of people who are prepared to find someone guilty before they have been to court.
    Yes, from what we are hearing there’s a good chance he may be but FFS, wait until the court case is over before laying into him! 🤨
  • Options
    Always amazes me the number of people who are prepared to find someone guilty before they have been to court.
    Yes, from what we are hearing there’s a good chance he may be but FFS, wait until the court case is over before laying into him! 🤨
    Can we say ....... he has issues ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross said:
    George Best and Gazza with their alcoholism. Maradona with drugs. Now Giggs with cheating and assaulting multiple women.
    Not really fair to compare people with addiction problems who only hurt themselves and a genuinely nasty human being who’s actions have hurt others.
    Apologies, didn’t mean it in that context. What I meant was that these are all great players whose careers have been tarnished by things that have happened after they’ve retired.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Ross said:
    Not really fair to compare people with addiction problems who only hurt themselves and a genuinely nasty human being who’s actions have hurt others.
    Apologies, didn’t mean it in that context. What I meant was that these are all great players whose careers have been tarnished by things that have happened after they’ve retired.
    No apology needed mate, just crossed wires. Completely agree 
  • Options
    Obviously the assault is appalling, but 3 years worth of coercive control is the bit that sticks out on those allegations for me.  Lots more to come out there I suspect.
    Shocked me too. 3 years worth of (alleged) domestic abuse and a whole heap of cheating as well. What a nasty bit of work. No wonder Alex Ferguson wanted to keep him ‘out of the limelight’. 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Are you referring to George Best who spent time in prison for drink driving and assaulting a police officer or Gazza who used to beat the shit out of his wife?
  • Options
    Even if he is found not guilty Giggs is finished in football.

The court case will have some awful stuff in it that’s going to sink his reputation even lower and the tabloids will pump it out daily.

Karma does not miss.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Ross said:
    Are you referring to George Best who spent time in prison for drink driving and assaulting a police officer or Gazza who used to beat the shit out of his wife?
    No, the other one
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Looks like he will probably be retiring again soon... can't see him staying as Wales Manager.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56864731
    Really too much points to this bloke being a complete arsehole. 

Allegedly shagged his brother's wife as well.