Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eminem

Perofrming his 1st London gig at wembley in July. Should be going on the friday date.

Whats the Charltonlife opinion on of him?

When you research his upbringing it makes for interesting reading and his persona makes more sense.

I like him he has some great tracks - And thats even though I would consider myself to only have a stubborn genre of musical interested in Rock.

Comments

• Options
    My girlfriend has bought her brother tickets for his birthday.

I like him, but personally expect quite a chavvy turn out... Early A Block get together?
  • Options
    Regardless of your taste in music the guy is a genius, and like most genius’, has genuine issues
  • Options

Arena or stadium?
  • Options
    I am not a fan of rap music generally, but some of his stuff is very good.
  • Options
    Don't like the bloke and I don't like rap music...... apart from some of his. There's no doubt he's a great poet, lyricist and musician. It helps that he's about the only rapper who I can actually understand what he's saying and who isn't totally destroying the English language.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Don't like the bloke and I don't like rap music...... apart from some of his. There's no doubt he's a great poet, lyricist and musician. It helps that he's about the only rapper who I can actually understand what he's saying and who isn't totally destroying the English language.

That's quite an ignorant comment. Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli, Blu, Andre 3000, J Cole, RA Scion, Mac Miller Macklemore. Just off the top of my head.

He is a genius, and I've got my tickets. It amazes me how some older hip hop fans still refuse to acknowledge that he's the best to ever do it.

I can also understand if he's not your cup of tea, or hip hop isn't your thing; it would be boring if we all liked the same music, but I don't understand sweeping statements like the above.
  • Options
    Judging by some of my friend's playlists he's rap for middle aged people.
  • Options
    The two kids on BGT were quite good rappers (Well one of them)
  • Options
    For further reading and interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem
  • Options
    Hasn't made a good album since Marshall Mathers LP. That album was amazing, so original, came out of nowhere and it's a massive shame to see him go more mainstream (featuring on tracks for chart pop tartlets) rather than carrying on down that road of embracing his own individuality that he set out in MMLP.

He's now firmly part of the rap-pop establishment and although he's undoubtedly one of the most talented rappers around, he hasn't lived up to that talent and I find his music, barring his first album, to be horribly disappointing and bland.

I saw him live at Milton Keynes Bowl about 11 years ago. He definitely puts on a good show.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like him a lot (the old stuff in particular) and was tempted to get tickets for me and my 12 year old, but just can't justify dropping a couple of hundred on tickets.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

DRAddick said:

That's quite an ignorant comment. Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli, Blu, Andre 3000, J Cole, RA Scion, Mac Miller Macklemore. Just off the top of my head.

He is a genius, and I've got my tickets. It amazes me how some older hip hop fans still refuse to acknowledge that he's the best to ever do it.

I can also understand if he's not your cup of tea, or hip hop isn't your thing; it would be boring if we all liked the same music, but I don't understand sweeping statements like the above.
    It's not a sweeping statement. I started off by saying straight away I don't like the music style which tells you I'm not gonna go looking for it and then specified "...who I can understand". Whenever I hear rap music, which most of the time is inadvertently, I genuinely haven't got a clue what they are saying, it could be a completely different language as far as I'm concerned......apart from Eminem. There may well be others out who make the effort to speak properly. Maybe it's also an age thing and my ear isn't attuned to it.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Hasn't made a good album since Marshall Mathers LP. That album was amazing, so original, came out of nowhere and it's a massive shame to see him go more mainstream (featuring on tracks for chart pop tartlets) rather than carrying on down that road of embracing his own individuality that he set out in MMLP.

He's now firmly part of the rap-pop establishment and although he's undoubtedly one of the most talented rappers around, he hasn't lived up to that talent and I find his music, barring his first album, to be horribly disappointing and bland.

I saw him live at Milton Keynes Bowl about 11 years ago. He definitely puts on a good show.

Good day that was.
  • Options
    He's awful. I love hip hop and appreciate his talents but I think he's just aiming himself at angry 12 year olds. As someone said Marshall Matters was amazing but since then it's just him screaming down the mic.
  • Options
    When was he last Number 1 on a Sunday evening ?
  • Options
    Fisher Price Vanilla Ice
  • Options
    Who?
    He's not exactly Rod Stewart is he? Now there's a superstar.
  • Options
    Is it wrong that I was hoping this was an RIP thread ?

;-)
  • Options
    I liked the film - 8 green mile ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like the majority of music acts they have a shelf life. I suspect Eminem is well past his now.
  • Options
    love Eminen. Favourite track is 'White Trash Party', favourite Album is Recovery lthough havnt got the most recent one, yet.
  • Options
    tom- k said:

He's awful. I love hip hop and appreciate his talents but I think he's just aiming himself at angry 12 year olds. As someone said Marshall Matters was amazing but since then it's just him screaming down the mic.

I second that.
  • Options
    Which hip hop artists do people who "love hip hop" but hate Eminem like, just out of interest?
  • Options
    Would making a cracking manager. And could rap Lose Yourself at his halftime team talk.
  • Options
    His recent album is closer to his best, survival, stronger than I was and beautiful pain personal favourites
  • Options

Judging by some of my friend's playlists he's rap for middle aged people.

The first rap hit was 35 years ago. So why shouldn't the fans be middle aged? :-)
  • Options
    Hasn't produced anything of note since the Eminem Show.

He'll play the greatest hits though, so will probably be entertaining.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Blockquote class="Quote" rel="JaShea99">Which hip hop artists do people who "love hip hop" but hate Eminem like, just out of interest?
    C Rayz Walz
    Talib Kweli
    Company Flow
    Cannibal Ox
    Nas
    MF Doom
    RZA
    Pharcyde
    Jurassic 5
    Mos Def

Just for starters.
  • Options
    That's fine, I can accept that. There's a few of my favourites in that list too. I just wouldn't accept "I love hip hop, eg WILLiam and Pitbull, but hate eminem".