Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    If Hamer goes, Alnwick could be a good number two to Pope. Able to split time between club and family without pressure of No 1.
  • Options
    Danny Hollands to Portsmouth this week
  • Options
    Luke Varney released by Leeds - he'd go well with Church both try hard but don't score many goals :)
  • Options

Given a chance up front Varney could do a job I think.
  • Options
    Charlton are being Heavily linked With standard Liege striker Imoh Ezekiel as well as a number of other Targets, Including
    Eric Tie Bi
    Zak Whitbread
    David Ngog
    And Finally are looking to secure Marvin Sordell on a long term deal

(Taken from rumours forum on another site)
  • Options
    Already been posted.
  • Options
    Michael Brown has been released by Leeds United, one of seven first-team departures from the Championship club.

Danny Pugh, El-Hadji Diouf, Adam Drury, Paul Green, Luke Varney and Jamie Ashdown have also left Elland Road.

New owner Massimo Cellino has pledged to "make the club healthy" by making financial cuts, and BBC Radio Leeds reports the released list could save £3m from the club's annual wage bill.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Which goal scoring winger is Danny talking about ?

The other Danny Green that was also at Dagenham when we signed him. Wiki says he's scored 11 goals for Maidenhead this season.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Green_(footballer_born_1990)
    He was playing at Whitehawk towards end of season I believe, good player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:

This has just been posted on Twitter

Archie Edwards ‏@archie3_ · 4m
    Delighted to sign my first Professional contract with Charlton Athletic Football Club! Great club to be at! Hopefully first of many!⚽️

Hope that's true. I've heard good things about Archie.

• Options
    Archie's another that will come off the production line. Very good little player, delighted about signing him up.
  • Options
    Well worth signing Archie. At the moment it is about his potential, he still has a few steps to make along the road, but if he realises that potential it will be a darn good thing to have him on a contract.
  • Options
    Thought Edwards had been pinched by Chelsea already or was that someone else?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Think he had been linked with Man City or Chelsea a few months back.

It was Kasey Palmer and Charlie Colkett who went to Chelsea and Ryan Herbert and Ajayi who went to Arsenal.
  • Options
    jac52 said:

Thought Edwards had been pinched by Chelsea already or was that someone else?

There was talk that he was following Kasey Palmer but it seems not - which is awesome.
  • Options

Even our unconfirmed rumours are confined to the academy and Belgium.

Its going to be a long, long summer.
  • Options

Think he had been linked with Man City or Chelsea a few months back.

It was Kasey Palmer and Charlie Colkett who went to Chelsea and Ryan Herbert and Ajayi who went to Arsenal.

Hasn't heard of Colkett, the Chelsea OS said he joined them as an u11. Did they pay compensation to get him?

http://www.chelseafc.com/academy-article/article/3326278
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soccer Sauce ‏@soccer_sauce 49m
    Strong reports this morning that Charlton are close to landing Liege MF Ibrahima Cissé on loan #CAFC #ADDICKS
  • Options
    20 YO defender. 6' 1/2"
  • Options
    luke1 said:

Soccer Sauce ‏@soccer_sauce 49m
    Strong reports this morning that Charlton are close to landing Liege MF Ibrahima Cissé on loan #CAFC #ADDICKS

He's rated very highly. We was close to signing him in jan.
  • Options
    I think he is a midfielder. At least I have seen him play for SL in midfield. He has played a number of first team games for SL and he is only twenty.
  • Options
    Thought Cisse was the winger we was linked with in Jan?
  • Options
    Yes he is not a defender.
  • Options
    One thing I will say is that we seem to be getting linked with more established SL players compared to people like AA who played a handful of games at most.
  • Options
    5' 11''
  • Options
    I think he was a defensive midfielder. Didn't he turn us down in January?
  • Options
    Hamer deal done last Friday to Leicester.
    Green off to mk dons.
    Riga to manage standard liege.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!