Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

8,500 Season Tickets Sold

Comments

• Options

£150 for a ST? Is that across the ground or just one area?

It's just one area of the ground designated to the great un-washed. ;-)
  • Options

Not a nice way to talk about Spanners fans.

• Options

Oh gawd .... You want to know about A Block ? Well, around New Year I bought a half-year ST (disabled) there, having tried it for a match or two. I can leave Lansdowne Lane at 10 to, and take my seat at 5 to. For most matches there have been in total about 6 or 7 of us in the whole block, all up the very top, most of us getting on a bit and some of us not so nippy these days. I'd just renewed for next season when the word was out that this peaceful backwater was going to be invaded by the North Upper !! Well, at least the away fans will no longer have things all their own way, I guess. In any case, a very warm welcome to all the new lot - oh gawd ....
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I thought the spanners were getting the Jimmy Seed as usual???

;-)

Edit: just seen Henry's post...must get back to the pool!! ;-)
  • Options

The truth is never nice though Henry! ;-)
  • Options

The truth is never nice though Henry! ;-)
    Neither are most Spanners
  • Options
    great news about season ticket sales,would be good to see a few less empty seats at home games
  • Options

Sparrows - it's for the block in the East nearest to the away end. You will be able to slaughter them next season for being cheapskates. Having said that, I am guessing they may resemble Millwall Lite, so it might be a good slanging match.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty decent, given the exceptionally difficult season that we've had and the attendant negative publicity. We're bound to break the 10,000 barrier but, above that, it will depend upon what unfolds over the next three months. So far, so good.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Sparrows - it's for the block in the East nearest to the away end. You will be able to slaughter them next season for being cheapskates. Having said that, I am guessing they may resemble Millwall Lite, so it might be a good slanging match.

@CardinalSin 'Cheapskates' 'Millwall Lite' legal action can still be taken these days over libellous allegations as you probably know. Rearrange these words into a well known phrase;

'Brush tar everyone not do the same with' :-)
  • Options
    If the new 10% are people buying a cheap ticket then wouldn't it mean that in real terms ST sales have dropped off of those that have been regular ST holders if the numbers are the same at this point. That would suggest to me that crowds will likely be down overall, unless there is inspiring activity in player squad, as AB suggests.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It is inevitable that ST sales will decline if the footballing performance dished up is poor so the clubs initiative to hold numbers even at the cost of revenue is relatively positive at this time. By keeping numbers up they have avoided punters losing the habit of going to games and can build on the revenue issue for future seasons as the performances on the field improves
  • Options
    For a club that easily won the award across all leagues for the most pathetic home record of the season, we can either view this as progressive marketing or that we have as a supporters base of masochists...
  • Options

Backing @Uboat‌ 's point, i wonder how many of those like The Organiser, only do ten homes a year but have bought a 150 ST because that still works out cheaper than ten homes a year.

A Block could turn out to be the holiday home block !

One of the reasons I didn't get one last season was due to the amount of mid-week games, as I struggle to attend all of these, so decided to just buy tickets for the game. Now, at what works out at £6:80 a game, I won't feel so bad if I have to miss the odd game...............
  • Options
    Imagine how many could have been sold were it not for that season ticket strike! (Another 21?)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options

Good idea. Might generate bit more of an atmosphere in the ground with both sets of fans being able to interact a bit more. Not sure how that will do down with most of you though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You are also forgetting that many of those with a £150 ticket will go for a wander and sit elsewhere. I suspect that A block will not be full all season, all be it that most of the tickets will be used.
  • Options

Blimey, how large is A block?

Big enough for this lot......

3rd from the left, Ritchie Cunningham from Happy Days no?

• Options
    Is next season the last season for the 5 Year Season Ticket people?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options

For a club that easily won the award across all leagues for the most pathetic home record of the season, we can either view this as progressive marketing or that we have as a supporters base of masochists...

Nearly 22% of the other clubs in our division failed to beat our home points total:

Millwall 27points
    Blackpool 27 points
    Barnsley 23 Points
    Yeovil 18 points
    Birmingham 14 points
  • Options
    Barnsley and Yeovil went down; Blackpool and Birmingham will go down if they do not turn things around. If we can build on our recent home form then one would hope we will sell more season tickets especially given that there will be thousands available at £250 a go
  • Options
    and with our new pitch on its way we should be playing better football and better players might want to come as well,onwards and upwards
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Nearly 22% of the other clubs in our division failed to beat our home points total:

Millwall 27points
    Blackpool 27 points
    Barnsley 23 Points
    Yeovil 18 points
    Birmingham 14 points
    Surprised at those figures MOL, well played. BTW where do you and MrsOL buy your leather bondage gear?
  • Options
    Have many others been getting late evening calls about not renewing? 8:30 is a strange time for them to be working.

I'm now officially on record as 'waiting to see what happens' before deciding if I buy. I should have asked about Belgium in preseason though, damn it.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Have many others been getting late evening calls about not renewing? 8:30 is a strange time for them to be working.

I'm now officially on record as 'waiting to see what happens' before deciding if I buy. I should have asked about Belgium in preseason though, damn it.

Ditto. I'll almost certainly not but before the season starts. It's not like they're going to sell out is it? Might buy a half season one at Christmas if I'm missing it.