Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet : 2013/14 Player of the Year

Comments

• Options
    Poyet has been fantastic for us this season but I can't help feel its a bit harsh on the other players who have been playing for the whole season- surprised no-one's mentioned wiggins
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Diego has been a breath of fresh air. The sad thing is that he probably wouldn't have stood out so much had he better players around him.
    So many times he looks for options that aren't there but should be.
    Bit like Allan Simonsen when he had his brief spell with us - he was mentally ahead of those around him by some considerable amount.
    As Charlton get better and more confident they will hopefully be playing more ball on the floor with plenty of movement and support, to boot - and strikers who can take advantage of that movement and support.
    It's a team game and a strong defence, a creative midfield with a ball winner/play breaker in there and a quality strike force - the components of a winning team.
    Bring it on - we are already well on the way after recent games.
  • Options
    Well done Diego, please sign a new deal. You are a class act and will one day play at the very top but in the meantime please give us at least one more season.

Wilson deserves second and Morro deserves 3rd, in fact Morro should be made captain next season. Not going to say too much on Jackson as it may come across on here that I don't like him, I do honestly, but I want a captain that gets in the face of the ref when poor decisions go against us, I want him coming off the bench next season and scoring winners or settling the midfield down with 20 mins to go, his not good enough to start anymore in my opinion well not regularly anyway.
  • Options

Nonsense. He's our best player, but not contributed the cumulative most over 46 games.

So what?

• Options

Sam you lay off them happy pills!

What is she on?? Got a nasty streak on her I've noticed.
  • Options
    The Poyet's have had good weekend.
  • Options
    Hardly put a foot wrong in 20 games not only as Charlton player but as a professional footballer. Fantastic achievement for such a young man. Well deserved IMHO.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Diego is going to be a great player and we could all see it. Glad Cousins got young player - a different sort of player (more British) but played a key role. I suppose the question is what this does to the big picture - probably nothing - although it a) may persuade Poyet that at this stage in his career he is best staying with us, b) it might mean any decision he does make has a bit more loyalty in it or c) it persuades other clubs to push the boat out to get him. Getting that contract signed may be our biggest bit of business for years. Over to you RD.
  • Options

Morrison has been a great servant for the club over the last 3 seasons and deserves the utmost respect.

Too many knee jerk fans about these days who base long term judgements on the odd dodgy performance.

He deserves a new contract too but the rumour is that him and Hamer are not getting one. Terrible decision if true. When will RD and Katrien learn?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have both been offered contracts. It is now up to them to decide whether to stay or go
  • Options

They have both been offered contracts. It is now up to them to decide whether to stay or go

Is that true?
  • Options

Is that true?
    Everything I have heard is that Diego has had more than one offer but was unwilling to get into contract negotiations until after the season ended. There is a quote from him re after end of season.
  • Options
    Did the Charlton Live guys ask him what his future plans were last night?
  • Options
    We sat on his table last night, and asked the question several times, he just laughed, very non committal, so could not tell one way or another.
  • Options
    Negotiating on the release clause, not clear whether it's relegation(!) or (more likely) how many millions to trigger the release...
  • Options

Negotiating on the release clause, not clear whether it's relegation(!) or (more likely) how many millions to trigger the release...

Or both maybe ! (If Diego Poyet and a bit of quality up front then there would be a very small chance of that)

• Options
    Have to say I agree with all the results 100%. JJ had been missing in a few games this year. I love him to pieces but Morrow has been very consistent. Well deserved his 3rd place. Just hope DP signs a new deal
  • Options
    Just tweeted this:

'Hope to see you all again' - that would be nice indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To me .. That looks like a goodbye tweet
  • Options
    Yeah see you all again in the Fa cup!
  • Options

You can't tell one way or another from that. It sounds neutral. Negotiations ongoing.

• Options
    Ambiguous at best
  • Options
    vff said:

You can't tell one way or another from that. It sounds neutral. Negotiations ongoing.

That's what a believe, which for me is more of a positive than negative.
  • Options
    People read what they want to read into comments. My wife does the same. "That dress looks great on you" "Are you saying I'm fat".

My take on his tweet is simply "i hope to see you all again". As in I hope to see you all again and not never again.
  • Options
    wwtone said:

Diego Poyet with the legendary Jean Tindell who won the raffle to give him the award.

Jesus I couldn't see the photo clearly on my mobile phone and thought that was someone else....

Congratulations to him and I'll be very very sad if he does leave....... :'-(
  • Options
    Has Diego said what international team he is going to play for?

He is eligible for England Spain and Uruguay
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Has Diego said what international team he is going to play for?

He is eligible for England Spain and Uruguay

Would suggest Spain as he has played for their U18's but don't think he has declared yet

Forget that I'm wrong he's played for England his youth career