Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Watford post-match views (Spoiler Alert: We're staying up!) 2014

Comments

• Options
    I never doubted we'd stay up. Not once.
  • Options
    That's very impressive. And the finish wasn't bad either!! :-)
  • Options
    I love nights like this. Walking down to the ground on a warm night, with a real sense of anticipation in the air. Great noise from the covered end and then an excellent goal to see us in at half time. Then the equaliser and we looked like we'd lost the plot, when who should emerge but the captain himself with a classic JJ goal - total determination. CH's second was a peach and we even had a sending off to enjoy.
    Can't wait for next season now. (What a mug)
  • Options
    Very important, for me, that we did it ourselves and did not simply rely on other teams messing up. Really gives some much needed momentum going into the Summer.
  • Options
    Can someone post a summary of what Riga said post match please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great night. Haven't been a fan of Harriett but I salute 2 good goals. I knew I was right to keep the faith.
  • Options
    Btw good man management by Riga at the end taking Harriot off letting him receive a standing ovation after his recent performances and barracking.

As for Lawrie Wilson, I don't know if you know "he used to be shite, but now he's alright, walking in Wilson wonder land"
  • Options
    Nights like tonight, Charltonlife is a great site to be on. Good when we can all be happy, not happened too often this season
  • Options

Great photo

That's a photo I'm sure Riga will keep on his mantelpiece when his tenure at Charlton has long since finished. Brilliant!
  • Options
    I don't think I have ever loved a player quite as much as I love Johnnie Jackson, immense tonight yet again

Well done Jose, the lads and our support was superb tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great night, great fight, great support, great result. A long, long hard season. Been playing 2 games a week for 2 months. At many stages this season we've been down, but as JJ said we've all stuck at it. A lot of clubs would have buckled under the season we've had both on and off the field. Elated to have stayed up. Credit to the team for the response after the equaliser. I was worried at that point purely because I thought it might be a knock back too far. Getting that 2nd soon after they scored was vital and the 3rd was euphoria. This team have put us through it this season, but tonight I thought we got our Charlton back. That was proper spirit and to be fair, Harriott's goals were quality. Hats off for him to have the guts to keep trying and going forward. He could've sunk after the Barnsley game. JJ threw himself at that 2nd, something he's not done often enough this season. I know it was probably never on the cards, but it would have been nice if JJ had given Powell a little shout out at the end. We probably wouldn't have stayed up with CP in charge, but part of me wanted that celebration for him as well, given his record over the last 2 seasons and his contribution to Charlton as a whole....

Maybe wishful thinking on my part;)

Top quality support for the run in as well. It's been hard not to moan and keep positive, but the fans have kept going over the last 5 games.

We can enjoy the summer now.
  • Options
    What a night! Really enjoyed it though it wasn't half nervy at times. Harriott was excellent today, he made mistakes, but that's what you expect with a young winger - two fantastic goals and glad he had the confidence to go for it. Jacko was great today too. Some bizarre refereeeing and the east stand lino was getting everything wrong, but sometimes even that doesn't stop us. Thought Watford were playing good football and we were lucky to go in ahead at half time. Deeley's goal was fantastic. So why were some of their players getting the digs in? Seemed bizarre and didn't stop even when Riega was rightly sent off. Fantastic result, still buzzing.
    Riga's speech at the end sounded a bit like a farewell, anyone else think that?
  • Options
    Lovely post, Fanny.
    Oh, and the score was just the same as that wonderful midweek promotion match v Preston back in the 70s! (Except this time we didn't go behind after 10 mins and miss a penalty.)
    Enjoy the celebrations, everyone.
  • Options

Great photo

Superb !

I'm welling up ...again !