Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Was i hard done by, or my own fault?

Comments

• Options

I'm still alive

How are you mate?
  • Options

I'm still alive

How are you mate?
    I'm good Elfsborg Raider! You going to the City game or are you boycotting like I was supposed to do but need football after my month stint in The Netherlands?
  • Options

I'm still alive

How are you mate?
    I'm good Elfsborg Raider! You going to the City game or are you boycotting like I was supposed to do but need football after my month stint in The Netherlands?
    Off to Brazil next week so not back till the Reading game mate.
  • Options

is it against the law to sing 'does your boyfriend know you're here' in a public place then??

It is if you're banging her up the 'arris whilst singing it.
    This post still has me in stitches every time I read it
  • Options

I must say I did cringe when I read this back to myself lol, I was only 18 so light weight drinker haha.

So what you're 19 now, maybe 20 ? :smile:
  • Options

I must say I did cringe when I read this back to myself lol, I was only 18 so light weight drinker haha.

So what you're 19 now, maybe 20 ? :smile:
    20 years young pal
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If any one this season sings it, they should be heckled for being boring and passe. Two years ago this song still had legs ( like JJ) and Brighton as well as Gay fans from other clubs, including Charlton, would sing it.(the straight fans sang it as well LOL)

Gay people must have a sense of humour, (extra dose of irony please)or otherwise how have Alan Carr and Graham Norton made so much money and seem to be the media darlings on a one trick pony of Gay stereotypes.

I did notice the police who have a remit to stop Homophobia, are only doing their job(more irony) and aren't discerning enough to spot the difference between what is spiteful(and illegal) and what is funny ?
    The problem with the law is one person out of a 1000 can complain and then they have to investigate ?

I'm sure as a mature 20 year old( broadstairs not Me) some songs are best kept to the bullpit of a stadium where more leeway should be given to the invisible line of decency than on the streets.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Everyone's entitled to make of tit of them self at some point in there life, not just with spelling either! It was that shot bar called oxygen that done it for me, lesson learned don't drink shots at 12!
  • Options

If any one this season sings it, they should be heckled for being boring and passe. Two years ago this song still had legs ( like JJ) and Brighton as well as Gay fans from other clubs, including Charlton, would sing it.(the straight fans sang it as well LOL)

Gay people must have a sense of humour, (extra dose of irony please)or otherwise how have Alan Carr and Graham Norton made so much money and seem to be the media darlings on a one trick pony of Gay stereotypes.

I did notice the police who have a remit to stop Homophobia, are only doing their job(more irony) and aren't discerning enough to spot the difference between what is spiteful(and illegal) and what is funny ?
    The problem with the law is one person out of a 1000 can complain and then they have to investigate ?

I'm sure as a mature 20 year old( broadstairs not Me) some songs are best kept to the bullpit of a stadium where more leeway should be given to the invisible line of decency than on the streets.

Particularly as Norton isn't actually gay
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/graham-norton-its-harder-to-find-love-if-you-are-a-gay-man-9956228.html
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I have to say, as a straight man, I found the choice between Bruce Forsyth and Jimmy Carr difficult. First it was Brucie, then it was Jimmy...and of course telling my parents was the worst bit. Mum, Dad, I've decided to wear a dodgy suit and have a ridiculous laugh for the rest of my life. They were OK with it eventually. Which did you go for?

• Options

I have to say, as a straight man, I found the choice between Bruce Forsyth and Jimmy Carr difficult. First it was Brucie, then it was Jimmy...and of course telling my parents was the worst bit. Mum, Dad, I've decided to wear a dodgy suit and have a ridiculous laugh for the rest of my life. They were OK with it eventually. Which did you go for?

The point is Graham Norton and Alan Carr have made a career out of their Campness, From Larry Grayson to Louis Spence. It can be funny or not depending on timing,
    Harry Hill, Jimmy Carr, Brucie, etc, are Performers and what ever clothes or props, being straight or gay isn't a part of there act ?
    of course they are ambiguous at times, they are entertainers.

So the point i was making with young Broadstairs was:

The gay People that i know, far from being upset at "we can see you holding hands" would join in.
    In a stadium, it sounds quite tame,but out on the streets if you were a gay couple and you heard a mob chanting that, i would imagine you may feel intimidated ? if you had no interest in football. or possibly if you had.

Maybe any Gay fans on CL, might like to comment,
    If the difference between chants in or out of a stadium make any difference to them. As a straight guy, that's just my view.

• Options
    The 'Raider' thinks it was out of order the stick Broadstairs got.
  • Options
    PWR last 9 pages.

has Broadstairs 'come out' yet?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

But his boyfriend is.
  • Options
    Seriously, Norton isn't gay, where the hell did you get that impression from?
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/graham-norton-its-harder-to-find-love-if-you-are-a-gay-man-9956228.html
    Cheers CE. I'm shocked at this revelation. Who'd have ever known Norton was gay. Good luck to him and sad in this day and age that he felt the need to cover up that fact for so long before this earth-shattering article.

;-)
  • Options
    Graham Norton and I are gym buddies. Well, not exactly, but I see him in my gym (The Reebok Gym in Canary Wharf). Never spoken to him, but he looks like a right miserable c***.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Police do not have the right to take your personal property off of you unless it is an offensive weapon or they have a court order.

It's absolutely pathetic that you were arrested for singing a song but bear in mind that some Charlton supporters were sent to prison for singing a song on the way back from Fulham.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

You can not be serious !

You must want to wooosh someone.

Read the Independant story that CE posted above.
  • Options

Graham Norton and I are gym buddies. Well, not exactly, but I see him in my gym (The Reebok Gym in Canary Wharf). Never spoken to him, but he looks like a right miserable c***.

Well, as he said in the article he is finding it difficult to find love.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

You can not be serious !

...and that, my friends, is why punctuation is so important.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

You can not be serious !

MrOneLung said:

You can not be serious !

...and that, my friends, is why punctuation is so important.
    Hit a comma after gay instead of question mark.

But, seriously, did they really think he is not gay?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Looking back I kinda set myself up for stick mate! Was it you causing trouble in the west stand?! We know your not a fan of KM!
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Maybe its because your just not his type!
  • Options

Looking back I kinda set myself up for stick mate! Was it you causing trouble in the west stand?! We know your not a fan of KM!
    Not me amigo, I'm warming to her.
  • Options
    Just to add, before people start moaning, it was reported as a lot stronger than "we can see you holding hands" too "do you take it up the arse?" was the police version of events
    I know it's 3 years ago but we're did you here that mate?