Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Was i hard done by, or my own fault?

Saturday was the worst day of my life, i got my match ticket taken of me before game in Brighton highstreet for singing ' do your boyfriends know you here' with a mate, even brighton fans joined in, but the ticket got taken of my by police beacuse i was being homaphobic (lol), we was told to leave brighton for 8 hours, yes i should of left, but i came all the way to brighton so i thought i would chance getting ticket at ground. I go caught by a copper outside away end and he hancuffed me and my pal and through us in meatwagon and we got put in a cell till 11:30pm.

Yes some fans think its wrong to sing that, and others will agree its not, but what gets me is, every brighton fan i spoke to said they DO not find it in anyway offencive , and said its what all teams to they find it funny, its banter at end of the day.

Should i of got arrsested and match ticket taking of me? They said i was being worse than racist.

Also, how come Muslims extreamists can sing during a march from our soilders 'british soilders burn in hell' and our aloud to get away with it beacuse freedom of speach, but a i get pulled for singing a song, that noone found offencive, or no one reported??

worst away day ever.

oh and befor you all jump on the bandwagon, im not in anyway a 'hooligan' i go to games with my dad, have done for 14 years, the one away game i dont go with him this happens.

good old football aye

Comments

• Pedro45 said:

Maybe the policemen found it offensive because it was against the law?

If it is illegal, i honestly didn't know it was, my own mistake.

• Solidgone said:

The moral of the story......go to football with your dad.

hah, i was ment to, but saying that, he would of sung it aswell, so maybe i was at the wrong place at the wrong time?

• is it against the law to sing 'does your boyfriend know you're here' in a public place then??
  • You should have just called it a day when they first took away your ticket
  • Did you also have a drink? If you did, do you think it may have clouded your judgement?
  • i wasnt with any of the 'boys' i was just with my mate, we and one other fan got cuffed outside ground
  • Sponsored links:

• So the Police told you to leave Brighton, you didn't and got arrested trying to get another ticket.
    Which part of the coppers warning didn't you understand?

I also expect that if a Muslim did exactly what you did they would have been arrested?
  • seth plum said:

Did you also have a drink? If you did, do you think it may have clouded your judgement?

i had a couple, but that was it, i wasnt drunk.
  • Greenie said:

So the Police told you to leave Brighton, you didn't and got arrested trying to get another ticket.

I also expect that if a Muslim did exactly what you did they would have been arrested?

just to clarrify, i only used muslim extreamist as an example, im not being racist lol. but i have seen a lot worse being said infront of the old bill when our troops go on march

• How did you get home after getting out at 11.30?
  • Greenie said:

So the Police told you to leave Brighton, you didn't and got arrested trying to get another ticket.

i know i should of left, but what im trying to get at is, should i have had my ticket connfiscated of me?, i wasnt with any 'boys' just me and my mate?

• is it against the law to sing 'does your boyfriend know you're here' in a public place then??

Must be
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

i know i should of left, but what im trying to get at is, should i have had my ticket connfiscated of me?, i wasnt with any 'boys' just me and my mate?

Maybe a talking do would have sufficed, but you got arrested for trying to get into the ground, when you had been warned not to.
  • i wasnt with any of the 'boys' i was just with my mate, we and one other fan got cuffed outside ground

Fair enough. It was probably the one other that I saw get cuffed.
  • Curb_It said:

How did you get home after getting out at 11.30?

Stayed at his boyfriends house
    hahaha made my day!, no i stayed at my mates in thamesmede for the night, had to pay £40 for taxi from lewishham, also had to run to catch the last train from preston park (brighton)

• Could your behavior caused a breach of the peace ?

If yes, it wouldn't matter if you were singing nursery rhymes.
  • Yann897 said:

I have a feeling this is gonna be more embarrassing than the other thread about Brighton , watch all the blanket and bovril begrade have a moan ! Lol

why is it embarrassing?
    He asked a question, people are answering and just telling him you cant do that these days.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Maybe a talking do would have sufficed, but you got arrested for trying to get into the ground, when you had been warned not to.
    I know that, but shouldnt of the copper just told us the be quite and warn us , befor just taking our tickets? also i want giving the coppers and gob, i was polite and helpfull to them when they spoke to me.

• Sounds like you were slightly harshly treated in the sense that they could have just given you a warning the first time and hopefully you would have taken on board that it is not ok to sing those sort of chants, especially not when outside of the ground.

I would remove the bit about extremist muslims at it really undermines your point, as it makes no sense and reads like a headline from a certain "newspaper".

• Sounds like you were slightly harshly treated in the sense that they could have just given you a warning the first time and hopefully you would have taken on board that it is not ok to sing those sort of chants, especially not when outside of the ground.

I would remove the bit about extremist muslims at it really undermines your point, as it makes no sense and reads like a headline from a certain "newspaper".

i was just using it as example, wasnt being racist in anyway, just making a point, which is true.