Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What phone ya got?

Comments

• Options
    Samsung Galaxy S4 on 3Network - great piece of kit.
  • Options
    Nexus 4. Fantastic piece of kit and outstanding vfm too. Also the os is vanilla Android 4.4 - perfect!

Network is Tesco Mobile SIM only contract.
  • Options
    Not an apple person don't like fruit
  • Options
    Are the Tesco tariffs really that cheap?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Got an iphone 5 for work on o2. Other tgan being able to use itunes I think they're crap. My personal phone is a samsung 3 on 3 network... love it.

@DaveMehmet‌ why do you say the iPhone 5 is crap?
    Constantly drops calls, issues with voicemail, the power button only works when it feels like it.
    @DaveMehmet‌ that sounds like that particular phone was dodgy rather than an iPhone fault per se.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Sony Xperia Z on T-Mobile 3G, does the job and is waterproof which is a bonus when taking bath-time selfies

#candid

Nearly lost my breakfast. TOO MUCH INFORMATION.
    Lost your sausage and tomatoes.....? ;-) Understandable.
    Boiled egg and soldiers, actually. Can't stand tomatoes.
  • Options
    Huawei Ascend P6. Best phone I've ever had. Had it 6 months and haven't had any issues with it which is more than can be said about my previous phone, Samsung Galaxy S3 and my girlfriend's phone, Iphone 4.

O2 unlimited texts, 500mb data and 500 mins, £22 a month and I got the phone when it was brand new.
  • Options

Got an iphone 5 for work on o2. Other tgan being able to use itunes I think they're crap. My personal phone is a samsung 3 on 3 network... love it.

Constantly drops calls, issues with voicemail, the power button only works when it feels like it.
    @DaveMehmet‌ that sounds like that particular phone was dodgy rather than an iPhone fault per se.

I'm not the only one in the company who's had similar problems. Some of it may be down to o2 though.
  • Options
    addick16 said:

i used blackberry for ages ... but recently traded up to a LG Nexus 5. Bloody thing cost 400 $US, but so far very impressed. Its faster then my GFs ipad and iMac.

Same as you mate, blackberry for years, now nexus 5 with vodafone 4G. Impressed so far.
  • Options

I'm not the only one in the company who's had similar problems. Some of it may be down to o2 though.

@DaveMehmet‌ have any of the phones been taken back to Apple? Their customer support is excellent so any faults would be addressed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Are the Tesco tariffs really that cheap?

I pay £15 pm for 1000 mins 5000 texts and 2gb data SIM only. Don't think you can beat that.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a moto g to give an opinion on?
  • Options
    Google Nexus 4

Three PAYG 123 (1p per Mb, 2p per text, 3p per minute + 150Mb whenever you top up £10 or more)

The credit never expires & I've spent only £35 in 9 months!!! All the money i used to spend on texts is now a tiny bit of data via WhatsApp.

Coverage is good pretty much everywhere except in my house - we seem to be in a dead spot :(
  • Options
    I've got the original 16 gig Moto G. Its a great all round phone with a decent battery, great screen and a passable camera. Don't bother buying an unlocked phone as you can get it done on eBay for a couple of quid.
  • Options
    Couldn't stand iPhone, had Samsung Galway S4 for for a year, got LG G2, smashed both imo.
  • Options
    As per DaveMehmet on the iPhone issues
  • Options
    HTC One M8. Better than an iPhone in many ways, not as good in some ways.
  • Options

Samsung galaxy s4, 02.
    Phone is quality, best on the market (not used the S5 - so that could be even better!)

Snap. The S4 has a great camera as well.
  • Options
    Samsung S4, however had to lose the 4G as when I go over the border into Italy (or anywhere else for that matter) I can't make phone calls...no comment.
  • Options

I've got the original 16 gig Moto G. Its a great all round phone with a decent battery, great screen and a passable camera. Don't bother buying an unlocked phone as you can get it done on eBay for a couple of quid.

Cheers. Reason I ask is my mum wants a new phone that'll be her first smartphone, doesn't want bigger than 4inch screen so thinking of giving her my xperia M and getting a moto g for myself. Either that or I keep my M and get her an xperia e1 (£70 at the mo) or similar. Decisions decisions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Cheers. Reason I ask is my mum wants a new phone that'll be her first smartphone, doesn't want bigger than 4inch screen so thinking of giving her my xperia M and getting a moto g for myself. Either that or I keep my M and get her an xperia e1 (£70 at the mo) or similar. Decisions decisions.
    The moto g has a 4.5" screen. Carphone Warehouse are doing the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini for £99 payg right now. That's got a 4" screen and is a steal at that price.
  • Options
    Yh the g would be for me. Cheers will have a look.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Using an iPhone 4 on 02 as I destroyed My Sony Xperia Z in a motorbike accident. The Z was 100 times better in my opinion. I miss it now as it was just so good but still have a year left on the contract.

On Networks

02 - Overpriced yet solid network, poor data packages.

EE - Better price, shit signal everywhere. Poor data packages

Vodafone - Better than 02 (just), slightly better data packages.

TalkMobile, Tesco etc - all piggyback on other networks

VirginMobile????

3 - Best price when you account for the unlimited data available for most handsets...

Winner in my opinion would be 3 everytime and they will be my next network.
  • Options
    Isn't 3 meant to have a terrible signal?
  • Options

Incorrect.
    The iPhone 5 power button is a common fault, other common faults include - Home button not working. Volume control not working. Silent switch breaking allowing it to randomly switch itself between loud and silent/vibrate. Screen smashing easily, home button fingerprint scanner not working.

However they are a good simple device and if sold for £300 instead of £500 it'd probably be an ok device.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Isn't 3 meant to have a terrible signal?

Been with 3 for 5 years the signal is great as long as you can stand well on one leg and keep one arm in the air and are not inside.
    The only thing better than the signal is the customer service which doesn't actually exist and the repair center which are very good at not fixing any issues.
    However the unlimited data and speed of the data is just to good to turn down.
  • Options
    Been with Three for the last 18 months, and the signal is alright, the network is pretty well built out now, and the 4G speeds are v quick
  • Options
    Am an iphone fan. Had 3 and 4, now have 5. Love the Apps, none of the phones have missed a beat, but the camera is very average compared to Galaxy. Over here in W.A. you have to be with Telstra (Government) to guarantee any coverage in 'remote' areas - if you have to go there
  • Options
    Ended up getting the Moto G 4g in the end, £135. Amazing phone for the price - screen, battery, processor speed. Couldn't be happier with it, don't know why anyone need pay more really.
  • Options
    quite tempted to pay remainder of basic contract when iPhone 6 comes out so I can get that. Can also sell 4s to shop called xchange (mugs) and get good cash back for it.

I iPhone 6 is gana be some hot next generation sh*t.