Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What phone ya got?

What phone have you got?

What network are you with? Is your tariff decent?

Are you an Apple/Samsung person? Or other, like an HTC, Nokia, Sony etc.

Are you awaiting to upgrade to the highly anticipated iPhone 6 later this year?

The Samsung galaxy S5 came out last Friday, it has double the camera quality of an iPhone 5s along with a giant display screen size.

What do you look for in usage of a phone? Cheap bill, lots of memory, high internet data? etc

I have an iPhone 4s - works for me.

This thread is like a survey, but, still interesting.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    iPhone 5S, Vodafone 4G, can't complain.
  • Options
    I've heard, depending where you live, 4G has lightning speed.
  • Options
    Samsung galaxy s4, 02.

Phone is quality, best on the market (not used the S5 - so that could be even better!)
  • Options
    Got the note 3 on o2 4g. It's a decent phone but had the older HTC one previously which imo is the best phone out there. The new m8 one has just been released which is worth a look.
  • Options
    Got an iphone 5 for work on o2. Other tgan being able to use itunes I think they're crap. My personal phone is a samsung 3 on 3 network... love it.
  • Options
    Did have an S4 but dropped it on Friday, thought I had insurance but apparently not. Right bugger. Someone please send me an unused phone. Cheers.
  • Options

Samsung galaxy s4, 02.

Phone is quality, best on the market (not used the S5 - so that could be even better!)

Check out the S5 - http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Samsung galaxy s4, 02.

Check out the S5 - http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php
    Wowza! Looks like a great piece of kit! Got a year left on my contract, so will be waiting for the s6!
  • Options
    Sony Xperia Z on T-Mobile 3G, does the job and is waterproof which is a bonus when taking bath-time selfies

#candid
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Iphone 5 on EE. Still the best phone on the market by a country mile ( in my opinion) .Only complaint is the don't do unlimited data.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sony Xperia Z1 - on Three.

Calls/Texts/Data in 11 countries are included in my contract - and those countries include Denmark and Sweden, where I work at times. So that sealed the deal as far as networks go.

When I work out here, I actually work for Sony - and that's where I fell in love with the Z1 when I was playing with one. Truth be told, never thought of giving a Sony phone a try before; was always a HTC or Apple man.

Previously I had a HTC Wildfire and then an iPhone 4. I preferred the iPhone because things "just worked" - but by the end of the 2 year contract I had major regrets and found myself wanting to go back to Android. So far I've been chuffed with my phone.
  • Options
    Had an iPhone 4 but paid up the contract with three months left to run because it was so bad - was with Vodafone yet almost never got 3G and only got an internet signal of any kind about 30% of the time.

Now I have a HTC with o2 and have found it to be about ten times better - almost always get a signal of some kind.
  • Options
    HTC One. Best phone I've ever owned.

EE. Worst network in the history of the universe.

Work phone, so can't change provider.
  • Options
    On the Samsung Galaxy S4... EE Contract

Brilliant phone, always had the Galaxy... Dont see the fuss with the iPhone and nor do I like Apple's attidute that they came up with every idea for Smartphones and that they'll sue anyone who uses the same thing
  • Options
    Galaxy S4,on O2,4G. Love it.
  • Options
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the Three network. Brilliant piece of kit. Three also offers truly unlimited data which no other network seems to offer (4G included).

Don't see the fuss with iPhones. iOS is totally illogical and the screens on them are too small and have much lower resolutions than leading Android handsets.
  • Options
    Personal phone Samsung Galaxy S3 on Vodafone.

Work phone Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on O2.

Both of the same generation of Samsung kit but the S3 now runs like a dog with two legs and drains the battery way too fast.

Due for an upgrade in a couple of months and it can't come quick enough. Unsure whether to go for Samsung S5, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2 or the Note 3. Alternatively there's the Google Nexus 5 for the pure Android experience.
  • Options
    Iphone 5 on O2 work provided can't complain really
  • Options
    Some kind of Nokia, no idea what it's called. It makes calls an sends texts which is all I need.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    sam3110 said:

Sony Xperia Z on T-Mobile 3G, does the job and is waterproof which is a bonus when taking bath-time selfies

#candid

Nearly lost my breakfast. TOO MUCH INFORMATION.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LG G2 and it's superb
  • Options

Got an iphone 5 for work on o2. Other tgan being able to use itunes I think they're crap. My personal phone is a samsung 3 on 3 network... love it.

@DaveMehmet‌ why do you say the iPhone 5 is crap?
  • Options
    iPhone 5c on ee 4G, ee works great for me as I'm in a 4G covered area and my phone works great at half time at Charlton unlike like everyone else's around me as they can't us there internet but I can :) will never go back to 3G
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Calls/Texts/Data in 11 countries are included in my contract - and those countries include Denmark and Sweden, where I work at times. So that sealed the deal as far as networks go.

When I work out here, I actually work for Sony - and that's where I fell in love with the Z1 when I was playing with one. Truth be told, never thought of giving a Sony phone a try before; was always a HTC or Apple man.

Previously I had a HTC Wildfire and then an iPhone 4. I preferred the iPhone because things "just worked" - but by the end of the 2 year contract I had major regrets and found myself wanting to go back to Android. So far I've been chuffed with my phone.

@LuckyReds‌ what was it about Android that made you want to go back?
  • Options
    iPhone 5 on 3. I love the iPhone, simple to use does everything you'll need a phone to do plus better apps than android. I find the android phones, had htc and Samsung, are too over thought and too packed. Why do you need apps and widgets? They have far too much going on on the face of the phone that the battery power is constantly drained and they are more complicated than they need to be, once I went to apple I never went back, will get a newer iphone when I upgrade.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

On the Samsung Galaxy S4... EE Contract

Brilliant phone, always had the Galaxy... Dont see the fuss with the iPhone and nor do I like Apple's attidute that they came up with every idea for Smartphones and that they'll sue anyone who uses the same thing

And Samsung's attitude towards suing Apple is different how?

I think the 'fuss' isn't about the iPhone as such, it's whether you buy in to the Apple ecosystem or not. Phone, OS, iTunes, iCloud, computer and its OS all from one provider so, as someone else said, "it just works". Or phone from one place, OS from google, computer from somewhere else etc. Individual parts may be cheaper and better (or worse) than the Apple equivalent but you do not have the advantage of the synergy. There is also the issue of software for the iPhone has to be approved by Apple whereas android allows almost anything. For some that's good, for others that is bad. For me with an iPhone 5s (on EE) and an iMac having everything altogether works really well and I don't have the issues of viruses etc. on the phone and computer that you get with Windows and android.
  • Options

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on the Three network. Brilliant piece of kit. Three also offers truly unlimited data which no other network seems to offer (4G included).

Don't see the fuss with iPhones. iOS is totally illogical and the screens on them are too small and have much lower resolutions than leading Android handsets.

If you think iOS is illogical (why, out of interest?), you should try a Windows 'phone. My wife has one and it's the most appalling operating system I have ever come across.
  • Options

Some kind of Nokia, no idea what it's called. It makes calls an sends texts which is all I need.

Same here. But an LG phone on O2 PAYG.
    Also have an ancient Motorola clam - how nice it is to have a small light 'phone in your pocket! It's got a PAYG Lycamobile SIM. In the main I use it when abroad because the roaming charges are much better.

A few years back I made the mistake of buying a Samsung Galaxy S wifi 5.0. This does everything a smart 'phone would do but without the 'phone capabilities! It's an expensive MP3 player really and that's what I got it for. I should have got a smart 'phone instead. Now I've got to wait till its battery dies to replace it. :-(
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

@LuckyReds‌ what was it about Android that made you want to go back?
    Honestly, I'm not so sure. As I typed that post out it got me wondering.

I guess had I not been tied to the iPhone 4 for so long, and I had a more recent iPhone, I would've felt more comfortable upgrading iOS and getting some of the new features and the new look. As it does look very good - and as I say, things "just worked" largely.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Android though - seems a lot easier to customise and "make my own". There's also some really cool accessories, that are generally cheaper and more widely available than for iOS. All the apps that I originally moved back to iOS for are now available on Android, or there are equivalents.

Plus I had more of a say in which phone I bought, the variety of Android handsets is awesome. So when I do upgrade in two years, if I want a different style of phone, there's a good chance I can keep all my existing apps and stuff; and that was a major concern of mine. In the end though - it worked fine with some software I got with the phone; which took your iTunes library and grabbed your iPhone backup from it - before extracting all the data you may want to transfer.

I like the idea of smart-wear too, and saw Sony were doing Smartbands which looked pretty cool - so that kinda sold me.

I'm no fan boy so I can't really argue for either or that strongly, purely personal preference at that point in time! Give me a few months I'll probably regret this and want to go back to iOS!
  • Options
    nichorob said:

iPhone 5S, Vodafone 4G, can't complain.

same here, changed from blackberry to iPhone about 8 months ago, would never go back.