Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Souness

2»

Comments

• Just announced that he'll be swimming the English Channel soon to raise money for charity. He is 70 years old and has had serious heart surgery in the past
    Good on him. I have never liked Souness (I have never met him) as a player or pundit, but always regarded him as a very tough and determined man
    My mum was in the next room to Souness having the same op, early 90's I think. My dad, being a big football fan, started visiting Souness as much as my mum and they became quite good friends but it was my mum who Souness really took to. She had a birthday while in hospital which he found out about and until my mum died some 18 years later, Souness sent my mum a birthday card every year without fail.

But, another part of this story was the fact Souness was having an affair at the time and was desperate to get his girlfriend in to the hospital. The press has got wind of this (or had just broke the story, can't remember which) and were camped outside the hospital trying to grab a photo of her visiting, so he asked my dad for a favour. His girlfriend would meet my dad, put a scarf on her head, don dark glasses then drive to the hospital in his car and walk in with him, completely unnoticed! My dad gave the journos dogs abuse every time he went so as soon as they saw it was my dad arriving, they were more than happy to steer clear of him! 

Cracking Story Stockport and proves that Graham Souness was a hard man when playing at home and when he was playing away !
  • Thought he's a complete wanker since calling the Valley a Kharsi when he was in the away dugout (for Blackburn maybe). Can't fault him for this noble act and credit to him... . He's still a wanker though
  • Really, u been to Blackburn
  • I have Operation Ewood, best not remembered.
  • Chizz said:
    Just announced that he'll be swimming the English Channel soon to raise money for charity. He is 70 years old and has had serious heart surgery in the past
    Good on him. I have never liked Souness (I have never met him) as a player or pundit, but always regarded him as a very tough and determined man
    Which direction?  Because if he's coming this way, he'll be at risk of a one-way flight to Rwanda, if Cruella gets her way. 
    His trainer is an Albanian based in Calais 
    He'll swim it in record time then.
  • remember being at St James park and singing "Graeme Souness is getting the sack" for the whole game. Still good for him on this occasion,
  • McBobbin said:
    remember being at St James park and singing "Graeme Souness is getting the sack" for the whole game. Still good for him on this occasion,
    Is that when he was manager at Exeter?
  • McBobbin said:
    remember being at St James park and singing "Graeme Souness is getting the sack" for the whole game. Still good for him on this occasion,
    Is that when he was manager at Exeter?
    Newcastle 
  • Played in a golf day with him pre-covid and he was a genuinely nice man. He was asked loads of questions about players, clubs etc from his time in Scotland, England & Italy and said hands down the best footballer he'd ever played with was Kenny Dalglish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fantastic effort.