Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Souness

How can he be a pudit? he signed Ali Dia for southampton the worst ever signing in football history?

The Toby.

Comments

• Brilliant player
  • Redhenry said:

Brilliant player

not as good as roy hodgson though
  • When he stuck the flag in the middle of fenerbahces ground when galatasaray manager... Although he's a plum he proved he has the biggest plums around
  • Redhenry said:

Brilliant player

Proper old school hard man too.
  • edited April 2014
    Sour Puss Souness .. been living off his hard but sophisticated man reputation for years .. about time he got a proper job
  • There are worse pudits.
  • I actually don't mind him as a pundit, certainly more insightful and articulate than some of the other dross that we're normally subjected to.

Plus I think Charlton have had some players to rival Ali Dia over the years !
  • Remember people wanting Souness as manager when Dowie got the boot!
  • If I knew what a 'pudit' was I might be able to comment:-)
  • the guys a plum
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVgxYa3mlo

almost breaks a guy's leg and then goes "ooo look a scrape on my sock ref!"
  • Sponsored links:

• He is one of them men that have definitely got better looking with age.
  • Remember people wanting Souness as manager when Dowie got the boot!

cant imagine that would have done us much harm. Unless we dropped 3 leagues down...

• I quite like him on Sky...was a top player and I'd have had him as manager after Dowie
  • Good pundit and actually not a bad manager either.
  • Used to hate listening to his whining when he was a manager.
    Nothing against him as a pundit; has to put up with Redknapp juniors pig-ignorant interrupting and talking over
  • Curb_It said:

He is one of them men that have definitely got better looking with age removal of moustache.

Fixed that for you :)
  • Did ok in the boys from the black stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpGiUNqXUCQ
  • The difference between Souness and Riga is that Souness worked out Dia was a joke after 48 hours. Riga still hasn't realised that Thuram isn't George Weah's 2nd cousin.
  • Fair play
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    A dour Scot of the first order……a bit like Marmite one might say.
    Unusual character who I don’t quite know how to take but this latest project is certainly very noble and wins a bundle of Brownie points.
    Best of luck Graham.👏🤞
  • Chizz said:
    Just announced that he'll be swimming the English Channel soon to raise money for charity. He is 70 years old and has had serious heart surgery in the past
    Good on him. I have never liked Souness (I have never met him) as a player or pundit, but always regarded him as a very tough and determined man
    Which direction?  Because if he's coming this way, he'll be at risk of a one-way flight to Rwanda, if Cruella gets her way. 
    In which case he’ll most likely go up the East Coast and come ashore just north of Berwick-upon
    -Tweed.
  • Swimming the channel is a man's game.
  • Just announced that he'll be swimming the English Channel soon to raise money for charity. He is 70 years old and has had serious heart surgery in the past
    Good on him. I have never liked Souness (I have never met him) as a player or pundit, but always regarded him as a very tough and determined man
    My mum was in the next room to Souness having the same op, early 90's I think. My dad, being a big football fan, started visiting Souness as much as my mum and they became quite good friends but it was my mum who Souness really took to. She had a birthday while in hospital which he found out about and until my mum died some 18 years later, Souness sent my mum a birthday card every year without fail.

But, another part of this story was the fact Souness was having an affair at the time and was desperate to get his girlfriend in to the hospital. The press has got wind of this (or had just broke the story, can't remember which) and were camped outside the hospital trying to grab a photo of her visiting, so he asked my dad for a favour. His girlfriend would meet my dad, put a scarf on her head, don dark glasses then drive to the hospital in his car and walk in with him, completely unnoticed! My dad gave the journos dogs abuse every time he went so as soon as they saw it was my dad arriving, they were more than happy to steer clear of him! 

great story !!
  • iaitch said:
    Swimming the channel is a man's game.
    ironic init .. after years of talking bollocks on the telly, he's sacked (or asked to take retirement aged 70) cos that one phrase upset some of the fragile trans folk
  • Just announced that he'll be swimming the English Channel soon to raise money for charity. He is 70 years old and has had serious heart surgery in the past
    My mum was in the next room to Souness having the same op, early 90's I think. My dad, being a big football fan, started visiting Souness as much as my mum and they became quite good friends but it was my mum who Souness really took to. She had a birthday while in hospital which he found out about and until my mum died some 18 years later, Souness sent my mum a birthday card every year without fail.

But, another part of this story was the fact Souness was having an affair at the time and was desperate to get his girlfriend in to the hospital. The press has got wind of this (or had just broke the story, can't remember which) and were camped outside the hospital trying to grab a photo of her visiting, so he asked my dad for a favour. His girlfriend would meet my dad, put a scarf on her head, don dark glasses then drive to the hospital in his car and walk in with him, completely unnoticed! My dad gave the journos dogs abuse every time he went so as soon as they saw it was my dad arriving, they were more than happy to steer clear of him! 

Brilliant 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻