Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Hughton

Comments

• Options
    Must have someone lined up.
  • Options
    madness
  • Options
    Curbs 16-1

(before someone else says it)
  • Options
    Bizarre. 5 points clear of the relegation zone.
  • Options
    Now 0 black managers in the entire Football League and Premiership.

Obviously Hughton and Powell won't be unemployed for too much longer, so that statistic hopefully won't be talked about too much.
  • Options
    Powelly 16-1
  • Options
    Cue Sol Campbell ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Options
    Mackay ex Norwich, surely early favourite?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saga Lout said:

Think their last few games include Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton. I'll be surprised if they don't go down.

• Options

Saga Lout said:

Think their last few games include Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton. I'll be surprised if they don't go down.

Yes, but changing the manager doesn't make the run-in any easier. Just seems risky to me to say the least.
  • Options

Powelly 16-1

Could be a good job for Powell from next season if Norwich were relegated but I'd worry a post-relegation hangover might see him lose his job before Christmas...
  • Options
    Perhaps he complained about one of Delia's pies.

Norwich come across as a sensible club normally.
  • Options
    you never know the players could have turned against him so they had to do something to keep the moral
  • Options
    Norwich's last five fixtures:

Fulham (A)
    Liverpool (H)
    Man Utd (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Arsenal (H)

Very puzzled by the decision to get rid of Hughton with 5 games to go, four of which they don't really expect to get anything from regardless.
  • Options

Must have someone lined up.

Oh, believe me their Chief Exec will have someone lined up. Wouldn't trust that guy an inch.
  • Options
    The farmers will be down there with pitch forks if the board appoint Appleton.
  • Options
    Delia needs to stick to washing dishes. I remember when she sold Dion Dublin...Mistake that was
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't think Delia, or more like Hubby, have a controlling interest anymore.
  • Options
    Lets be avin' you
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Delia and her old man are both the majority share holders the chief exec is very pro Christ Houghton and the decision was very tough to make

It was made after the away fans party where fans who have attended 10 or more away games get invited to a do with all players mgmt and board

The youth team mgr is in charge for the remaining fixtures

Mick denis Norwich fan and journo on talk sport this morning
  • Options

Delia and her old man are both the majority share holders the chief exec is very pro Christ Houghton and the decision was very tough to make

It was made after the away fans party where fans who have attended 10 or more away games get invited to a do with all players mgmt and board

The youth team mgr is in charge for the remaining fixtures

Mick denis Norwich fan and journo on talk sport this morning

Not having someone lined up makes it even more of a ridiculous decision. I think they're down.
  • Options
    Chris houghton weren't that bad though. Last season he was the Coleman's mustard at Norwich. Why sack a manager and put a youth team manager in charge?? Makes no sense at all. Teams like Norwich should be happy to just survive the drop. What more do they want? He would of kept them up. He is a decent manager.
  • Options
    They are looking at the Fulham match as a must win and put them 5 points ahead with 4 to play

Christ Houghton not winning away is the issue so they have changed it in the hope that things will change

Personally sounds like they believe they are down already and just throwing any dice left

They have a run in from hell playing all the big boys after Fulham and not anticipating getting a single point

To play arsenal at home last game of season when the goonershite could need the result to get 4th place just suns up their luck

• Options
    If they are down already then wouldn't they be better off having a manager who cruised to The Championship title last time he managed in it?
  • Options
    I reckon he didn't like Delia's roast potatoes. She's got all tricky about it and sacked him. Bang out of order.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hughton to charlton when Riga moves to the academy» endless stories in the press about us being the most prolific employer of black managers
  • Options
    What gets me is Hughton has finished 11th in his first season at Norwich. One win this season could lift them to 13th in the table. They sack him and put an under 18s manager in charge.

This doesn't sound right to me. They also sack his coaching staff also.

Very disgraceful. Could bite them in the arse this. Jesus man that Hughton has some bad luck. Should not of been sacked from Newcastle.