Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Contracts?

13»

Comments

• Options
    dizzee said:

The one I really want signed up is Riga.

whilst I would appreciate a hint of managerial stability, I think the next three games will decide his and our immediate futures (or go a long way towards it).
  • Options
    Jose Riga tonight has confirmed he's signed a deal till the end of the season (few weeks ago)

Dorian Dervite has also confirmed he's in Contract talks and has said he wants to remain with the club for as long as possible
  • Options
    We need to get Hamer and Morrison tied down too.
  • Options
    @RichCawleySLP: Jose Riga confirms that signed a contract, until the end of the season. Said signed it "a few weeks ago". #cafc
  • Options

Ben is gone in 5 games time. There is no contract being offered.

• Options
    It's not just players, first team coaches Alex Dyer and Ben Roberts both look set to leave us at the end of the season
  • Options
    I heard on Saturday that no contract had been offered yet to Dervite. I know it contradicts what he himself said but worries me none the less.
  • Options
    Well I would imagine dervite would be in the know.
  • Options
    Dervite was spotted with Dougie Freedman last week in a London establishment.

That's from @MartTheTaxi‌ on Twitter.
  • Options

Ben is gone in 5 games time. There is no contract being offered.

I'd be very surprised if no contract was even offered; I'd be less surprised if a contract was offered and Hamer was stalling on it, or even ultimately turns it down. But to effectively say he's not wanted next season would be a surprise.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann897 said:

Well I would imagine dervite would be in the know.

Does seem odd, but so would the bloke I spoke to 100 %. Hopefully he just lied to me!
  • Options
    Of our current batch of players excluding the loans, how many are good enough to be a fixture in a team challenging for a play-off place in this league?
    In my view Hamer (maybe), Wiggins (not sure), Solly (with knees) most certainly, Wilson (maybe), Poyet and Cousins and that's it. The poor distribution/minimum of two mistakes a game performances from all our central defenders preclude them.
    If Roland's view is the same as mine, it's not surprising that contracts are not on the table. If it's to be another League 1 campaign, then sign up the likes of Morrison and Dervite for another year. Otherwise, one would hope that Roland is looking for better quality.
  • Options
    For what its worth,I think R.D will let the contracts run out on the players that expire at the end of the season,and then re-negotiate with them and their agents.If they don,to want to accept, they will leave.
  • Options
    100% correct. I agree, especially after our last couple of shit performances/ results. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't blame him, how bad was last night? You only have to look at our shots on/ off target stats, it really is pathetic. I am certainly worried about keeping our championship status now, yes I know it's still in our hands but come on, Barnsley were bottom of the league, surely if we are going to 'survive' we have to beat these teams. Oh well onto Friday I know Bolton have had a shite season and are struggling BUT so are we I'm just worried last night might have really hurt the players 'little bit of recent confidence' We just need to score, even create mote chances! Can it be that difficult?
    So getting back to original point I think the players now should really EARN any new contracts!!!!!
  • Options
    In all honest, I expect our team next season to be made up of our current development/u21 team, some SL loanees and captained by Jacko
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I can see us signing more foreign players. I think we will probably be able to use the scouting network to sign players suited to the league, I think Reza really could tear it up provided we get a couple of players to suit his style of play
  • Options

In all honest, I expect our team next season to be made up of our current development/u21 team, some SL loanees and captained by Jacko

Would struggle in league one. Would be beasted in Championship.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Levander Pyke has been given a professional deal (that news is from twitter). Congratulations to him.

The 2nd year academy players as listed on the OS with the little information known about them (updated).

Tomi Adeloye - Went on trial to Millwall, now at Stoke City.
    Ellis Brown - Recently played for Southend
    Harry Doherty (GK) - Played a lot of games for U18s.
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis - Signed a professional deal with Charlton a while ago.
    Michael Martin - Never really got a run of games.
    Darian Neavin - I think he was released last year.
    Cathal O'Hanlan (GK) - Barely played a game. Released?
    Levander Pyke - Signed a pro deal with Charlton.
    Lamce Shehaj - Lack of games suggests that he's moving on.
    Greig Stewart - Joined Peterborough Utd earlier this season.
    Terell Thomas - Played a lot of games. They'll probably sign him.
    Mikhail Kennedy - Not listed on the OS (at all), but I think he's a 2nd year (96 birthday). Playing more and scoring a few goals recently.
  • Options
    Do we really think we're challenging for a play off spot next season?? I think bottom 4 will again be considered a success (if we stay up) but the emergence of more youngsters who can be sold for decent money will make us a great "cog" in the network.

Unfortunately I don't want to be a cog in a network.

I have a feeling things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.
  • Options
    WSS said:

If that's true then that's an illegal approach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

WSS said:

If that's true then that's an illegal approach.
    Didnt think it was as there are less than X amount of months left on his Contract so can speak to whoever he wants now just cant join till the summer
  • Options
    In the last six months of your contract you can negotiate with other clubs, only if they are not in the same country. To talk to clubs in the same country you have to be given permission by your club.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

In the last six months of your contract you can negotiate with other clubs, only if they are not in the same country. To talk to clubs in the same country you have to be given permission by your club.

Ah cheers... thought that was the case
  • Options
    cfgs said:

this, or 1 month from your contract expiry date you can talk to other clubs
  • Options
    Update - Ellis Brown has signed a one year deal with Southend. A few other lads confirmed that they've left on twitter.

The 2nd year academy players as listed on the OS with the little information known about them (updated).

Tomi Adeloye - Went on trial to Millwall, now at Stoke City.
    Ellis Brown - Signed for Southend Utd
    Harry Doherty (GK) - Released
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis - Signed a pro deal with Charlton
    Michael Martin - Released
    Darian Neavin - Released
    Cathal O'Hanlan (GK) - Released
    Levander Pyke - Signed a pro deal with Charlton.
    Lamce Shehaj - Released
    Greig Stewart - Joined Peterborough Utd earlier this season.
    Terell Thomas - Played a lot of games. They'll probably sign him.
    Mikhail Kennedy - Not listed on the OS (at all), but I think he's a 2nd year (96 birthday). Playing more and scoring a few goals recently.

• Options
    Paddy, where did you get the info on Pyke signing a contract?
  • Options
    The player himself mentioned it on Twitter