Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Contracts?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014
    reserves said:

Decisions are being made for sure.

Another U21 currently on loan (never played first team) has been told yesterday there will not be a new contract for him.

Sho-Silva? Would be disappointed if so as thought he was a real prospect?

Who else is there out on loan? Not Jordan as you've mentioned him so only Feely, Osbourne and Sho-Silva fit your description.

• Options

Once our future is settled all contracts will be sorted. If we are in this division expect all the players we want to sign signed even Poyet. If we are relegated most of those out of contract will leave or be offered greatly reduced contracts.

At the moment baring injury it probably suits both Parties to wait.

Agree. As much as the uncertainty is not nice if we offer players improved contracts with higher wages and we get relegated it could ruin us. I do wish they would offer players like Poyet a contract though as they are the future of the club and worth the gamble. But others i think will need to bide their time until we are safe and concentrate on staying up. If we go down i think they would look at rebuilding the team almost completely.
  • Options

reserves said:

Another U21 currently on loan (never played first team) has been told yesterday there will not be a new contract for him.

Who else is there out on loan? Not Jordan as you've mentioned him so only Feely and Sho-Silva fit your description.

Or another forward, Ade Azeez?
  • Options
    Azeez
  • Options
    cfgs said:

reserves said:

Who else is there out on loan? Not Jordan as you've mentioned him so only Feely and Sho-Silva fit your description.

Reserves said never played for the first team and Azeez has.
  • Options
    Dervite and Morro are our best pairing at the back, no doubt. I'm not convinced by Wood. Cort has been a huge loss this season.
  • Options
    Madz said:

Once our future is settled all contracts will be sorted. If we are in this division expect all the players we want to sign signed even Poyet. If we are relegated most of those out of contract will leave or be offered greatly reduced contracts.

At the moment baring injury it probably suits both Parties to wait.

Agree. As much as the uncertainty is not nice if we offer players improved contracts with higher wages and we get relegated it could ruin us. I do wish they would offer players like Poyet a contract though as they are the future of the club and worth the gamble. But others i think will need to bide their time until we are safe and concentrate on staying up. If we go down i think they would look at rebuilding the team almost completely.
    It's not the likes of Poyet who will be waiting for a contract offer, as they know he will be a saleable asset, in his case, it'll surely be him biding his time...
    Hopefully staying in the Championship, playing passing football on the deck, a decent pitch next season, all reasons why he might re-sign.
  • Options
    is feely out at newport county?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

cfgs said:

reserves said:

Reserves said never played for the first team and Azeez has.
    I bow to your superior knowledge. Hope young Sho-Silva does stay I also think he has always seemed like a real prospect.

• Options
    I thought Sho-Silva had another year to run on his Contract... I'd be surprised to see Azeez stay as well really though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kevin Feely.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Kevin Feely.

Just beat me to it Dick
  • Options
    watched kevin feely the other day and thought he looked too good for league 2
  • Options
    reserves said:

Osborne
  • Options

Dervite has only ever been 'pony', in my opinion, when played in midfield. ok he has had a couple of dodgy games at CB but who hasn't, see 30m rated David Luiz last night, but he's decent at this level and I hope he stays.

Dervite was great in midfield away to Wolves last season and away to Palace despite the loss. Also scored from midfield away to Leeds last season.
  • Options
    reserves said:

Feely or Sho Silva
  • Options
    I'd say it's almost certainly Feely then. Lennon's already got a long term contract, we'll obviously be looking to offer Gomez a deal, and Osborne gives us another young CB.

Sho-Silva's only in his first year as a pro so I expect he'll be given more time.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    https://twitter.com/RichCawleySLP/status/452134730738466817

In paper today that #cafc looking to give Dorian Dervite a long term deal.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Has anyone heard anything regarding the 2nd year scholars?

The players as listed on the OS with the little information known about them.

Tomi Adeloye - Went on trial to Millwall, now at Stoke City.
    Ellis Brown - I haven't seen him mentioned much.
    Harry Doherty (GK) - Played a lot of games for U18s.
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis - Signed a professional deal a while ago.
    Michael Martin - Never really got a run of games.
    Darian Neavin - I think he was released last year.
    Cathal O'Hanlan (GK) - Barely played a game.
    Levander Pyke - Getting games for the U21s. Must have a chance of a deal.
    Lamce Shehaj - Lack of games suggests that he's moving on.
    Greig Stewart - Joined Peterborough Utd earlier this season.
    Terell Thomas - Played a lot of games. They'll probably sign him.
    Mikhail Kennedy - Not listed on the OS (at all), but I think he's a 2nd year (96 birthday).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben18 said:

Great if he signs...one of four or five I'm sure we'd all like to see stick around.

• Options
    What happened to the Bulgarian goalkeeper?
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Anything longer than the 2 one year contracts he's signed with us will be long term, relatively!
  • Options

What happened to the Bulgarian goalkeeper?

Only a first year u18, will be interesting to see if he gets regular games next season as I don't think he's played much this year.
  • Options
    Hope Morro DD and MagicBeard get new contracts.
  • Options
    Ellis Brown has hardly played for the U18s this year, I thought he had already gone or was injured. An odd one this.
  • Options

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2565684/THE-FOOTBALL-GRAPEVINE-Chelsea-Spurs-set-head-head-Atletico-star-Costa.html

Paddy Powell.....

This link says several PL clubs looking at Charltons striker, Ellis Brown.

Thanks for the link.

That would be quite a surprise if true.

• Options
    Ellis Brown played and scored for Southend's U18s today.
  • Options
    The one I really want signed up is Riga.