Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Powell Exit Poll Results

Comments

• Options
    Very interesting and worthwhile thing to do. It would be fascinating to see the results of the same survey done now when things have - to some extent - calmed down, but I don't suppose you can forever be doing surveys!
  • Options
    I'm being ultra-cynical here but I don't really see how this information helps. What, if anything, is going to be done with it?

Things like '98.5% think the manager should pick the team' would apply at any club and even if passed on would change absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    Find them results quite baffling , when I was in the liberal before the Huddersfield game there was about 10 of us and every one of us was happy Powell went .
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like the vote was taken too early. If we stay up it doesn't matter if it was right to sack Powell but it means it certainly wasn't wrong.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Yann897 said:

Find them results quite baffling , when I was in the liberal before the Huddersfield game there was about 10 of us and every one of us was happy Powell went .

Birds of a feather flock together.

Oh u again aye , well to be honest I didn't even know 5 of them so .....
  • Options
    All the %'s on there have given me a headache.
  • Options
    Let us get behind the team. Castrust cannot change what has happened.

For better or for worse we have a new owner, and a new manager with fresh ideas.
    In my opinion the football played under Riga is better than the football under Powell.
    Far more importantly though, we now have a realistic chance of avoiding relegation.
    We need to support the manager, and the team and stop all this rubbish.

What do the trust hope for? Us to be like Leeds Utd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well I would have voted that it was the right decision but didn't see the poll. Agree with Henry though that I wouldn't expect the trust to indulge in this sort of poll.
  • Options
    This to me shows EXACTLY why the G21 felt they could move more quickly without the democratic and softly softly approach of the trust.
  • Options

Let us get behind the team. Castrust cannot change what has happened.

For better or for worse we have a new owner, and a new manager with fresh ideas.
    In my opinion the football played under Riga is better than the football under Powell.
    Far more importantly though, we now have a realistic chance of avoiding relegation.
    We need to support the manager, and the team and stop all this rubbish.

What do the trust hope for? Us to be like Leeds Utd.

How are you doing, anyway?

• Options

This to me shows EXACTLY why the G21 felt they could move more quickly without the democratic and softly softly approach of the trust.

Yeah, well, the G21 may have moved promptly but what has that has produced precisely? A promise of some future dialogue (but probably with the monkey rather than the organ grinder) but only after the dust has settled. There's not even anything in KM's diary yet is there? I can get an appointment at my GP more quickly!
  • Options
    This is exactly why the Trust isn't the organisation that should be leading the club forward. The timing of a vote of this nature was reactionary and whether they'll admit or not intended to produce an outcome. This is what gave the G21 leverage in the post Powell situation. All looks a little silly now.
  • Options
    So one minute the Trust are slow to react, the next minute we are reactionary. We gave our reaction previously then asked fans what they thought. OK.

Also as mentioned the poll took place over several weeks and much of the response did not change.
  • Options
    Thank goodness, when I saw this ridiculous nonsense I thought I was going to have to change my name to Grumpy. What on earth were the trust thinking, they have done their own image considerable harm. Can we please look forward and not backwards now, or I am going to publish a survey on whose bit of toast they dropped landed right side up.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The people who are more outraged at powell going are more likely to take part in a survey so that their feelings can be known. Those who were glad powell went are more likely not to fill in the survey as they couldnt care what the results are as you cannot change whats happened, or the people who wanted to wait and see after rigas first 5-6 games wouldnt have done the survey yet
  • Options

The people who are more outraged at powell going are more likely to take part in a survey so that their feelings can be known. Those who were glad powell went are more likely not to fill in the survey as they couldnt care what the results are as you cannot change whats happened, or the people who wanted to wait and see after rigas first 5-6 games wouldnt have done the survey yet

This...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every time the trust does something the sniping starts. Almost like there's an agenda.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Every time the trust does something the sniping starts. Almost like there's an agenda.

Every time some people make a valid, justified and constructive criticism of the Trust you try to undermine it and dismiss it as "sniping"

Almost like you have an agenda.

• Options
    razil said:

So one minute the Trust are slow to react, the next minute we are reactionary. We gave our reaction previously then asked fans what they thought. OK.

Also as mentioned the poll took place over several weeks and much of the response did not change.

Bit sensitive, eh.
  • Options
    "it must be remembered that people who completed the poll may have been drawn to the stall or the website rather than being random fans in the street."

I'm not sure what you say is true - yes a survey of this type may attract those with strong views, but the question asked was whether he should have been sacked.

On the stall I spoke to a number of fans who were adamant that their view that he should have been, be expressed, and the survey did record that as we explained at the time.

Of course you cannot change things now, but you can still ask if fans felt the decision was justified in their view, and whether they think the network generally is a good idea, etc.
  • Options
    Why not conduct a survey as to whether this survey was worth it?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    good idea

;)

If its any indicator we have received quite a surge in new memberships in March.

I definitely think it was, in some ways the most important one we've done, in particular concerns re the network.
  • Options
    If the Trust try and make a statement the criticism is “you can’t speak on behalf of Charlton fans – how could you possibly know what we think”. If the Trust conduct a survey to try and find out what Charlton fans think on a very important topic, even if the answer is obvious, the criticism is “why are you bothering with backwards looking surveys” (I’m assuming all with this criticism have completed the match day experience survey?).

One person says we're too slow to react and another says we're reactionary.

It’s exhausting sometimes.
  • Options
    Ok, so you have survey results... What are you going to do with them?