Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ajardevic Wilson Scuffle

Comments

• Options

PL54 said:

Only on Charlton Life could someone pull a conspiracy theory out of that photo. Some people on here spend so much time reading between the lines I think they forget to read the actual lines first.

What was the conspiracy theory?
    That the photo AA tweeted by way of showing him and Wilson are still friends was actually taken on the way up to Nottingham because it was daylight and therefore pre-dates the argument they had at the final whistle.

I thought that was Large Addick making a joke but better to believe it is evil Charlton Life with its conspiracy theories

PL54 said - "when was that photo taken then? It is daylight outside so not on the way home last night."

Just a bit of gentle satire on the seemingly ever increasing levels of paranoia demonstrated by some posters (naming no names) about every piece of official and unofficial media that comes out of the club these days, which I'm well aware is what Large was doing too thanks, I'm not that stupid.

Only it wasn't satire but neat the way you slipped in another dig at other posters ie their paranoia. Without naming names of course so that's ok : - (
    Worried I'm stealing your act Henry?
    I've never slipped in sly digs at other posters especially without naming them. If I disagree with someone then I say so and explain why.

You obviously can't see the difference hence yet another personal dig rather than debating the point. Much easier for you to make snide remarks than actually back up what you say with a reasoned argument because you were wrong. There was no conspiracy theory and what you said wasn't satire. Good attempt at deflection but you were still wrong

But you got a LOL off a prime example of someone who constantly makes sly digs ie PL54 so at least you are in good company.

bye bye
    Okay if you want reasoned debate - here is a definition of satire:

"the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticise people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues."

My comment was:
    - humourous (you may not agree, but humour is subjective and I thought I was being funny and so did at least one other person)

- an exaggeration since PL54's comment was not really a conspiracy theory

- using ridicule to criticize what I see as being some posters (naming no names, because I don't keep an extensive list of every individuals comments handy for reference) stupidity (probably an overly strong word, I'd prefer misguidedness) of looking for a negative angle in almost every bit of news that comes out of the club, which is a topical issue with regards CAFC right now

So it was satire and it wasn't really a sly comment since it was placed on a public forum for anyone to read and the criticism was clearly stated and wasn't aimed at any one specific individual.

• Options

PL54 said:

Oh Henry, don't let yourself down.

You're too sensitive (LOL) or a total cock - one or the other for sure.

Quite possibly a little from column A and a little from column B
    Has a sensitive cock? Hmm.
  • Options
    Made the national news tonight, thought I'd come on here and 'uncover' the truth, still waiting.....
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What "national news" was that, MiA? (Serious Q - haven't seen any, though tempted to suggest do you mean in Belgium?)

Just watched the highlights, and it certainly looked pretty serious - Lawrie very unhappy. I really like both of them, as players and characters, so do hope they really can kiss and make up. Remember Andy Hughes had to "have words" with Astrit when he first arrived, so perhaps it even goes back as far as that?
  • Options

What "national news" was that, MiA? (Serious Q - haven't seen any, though tempted to suggest do you mean in Belgium?)

Just watched the highlights, and it certainly looked pretty serious - Lawrie very unhappy. I really like both of them, as players and characters, so do hope they really can kiss and make up. Remember Andy Hughes had to "have words" with Astrit when he first arrived, so perhaps it even goes back as far as that?

Please, Weegie, spare us your fantasy...
  • Options
    Fights happen every day at every club in the country it means nothing I really wouldn't read anything into it
  • Options
    Could the whole thing be a Hales-Flanagan tribute?
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Could the whole thing be a Hales-Flanagan tribute?

If it was, it was a poor effort.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen the clip - much ado about nowt I guess. Riga for one didn't seem to give a hoot - he walked off with a huge smile.

Some real positives in those highlights though, much better things to be discussing.
  • Options

Please, Weegie, spare us your fantasy...
    Whoops - giving away a bit too much there ;-)

• Options
    edited March 2014

Looks like Wilsons got the daily mail in front of him. Well done lad :)

That explains it then - Wilson obviously demonstrating his unwarranted fear of foreigners
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Well a national news of sorts , it was mentioned on talksport on drivetime , with Goughy and Durham , made me sit up and listen anyway , i previously didn't know about it, whatever 'it' was.
  • Options

Everytime you think HI has had an argument with every single person on CL, he manages to find one more.

Am I allowed to LOL or will Henry get upset and Admin delete my post?
  • Options
    So Wilson has a fractured eye socket. Not your normal football injury...hope Astrit didn't lamp him one?
  • Options
    He got a kick in the eye saturday on the touchline.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dizzee said:

I miss both of these players.

I liked Wilson and he was a very important player for a while but he tarnished it a bit for me with his 100% give up away to Watford.

Adjarevic I really liked. That boy could play.
  • Options
    Worst bump ever
  • Options
    He bumps what he wants, he bumps what he waaaaaaa...
  • Options

Worst bump ever

I said that same thing on Friday night
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Simonsen said:

dizzee said:

I liked Wilson and he was a very important player for a while but he tarnished it a bit for me with his 100% give up away to Watford.

If football matches lasted 30 minutes he'd be a world beater.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

dizzee said:

If football matches lasted 30 minutes he'd be a world beater.
    Indeed. Would love to see him come on as sub now
  • Options
    I’m Astrits biggest fan. Bloody loved the bloke. So much talent it’s unreal. Shame he smoked like a chimney
  • Options
    Astrit was pure class