Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:

If he can't do the job at Wigan , can't see him being able to do a job at leeds! Andy Delort for Leeds!

Strange, isn't it ?
    Warburton replaces him at Brentford & appears to have done a lot better.
    Wigan were fancied to do well & they were in the relegation zone when he left.
    So Leeds appoint him because ?
  • Options

sammy391 said:

If he can't do the job at Wigan , can't see him being able to do a job at leeds! Andy Delort for Leeds!

Strange, isn't it ?
    Pardew wasn't available
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Strange, isn't it ?
    He was cheap, desperate and agreed to do everything the Chairman tells him to?
  • Options

I'll give it until Christmas.

I don't think he'll last through the pre-season friendlies.
  • Options
    Leeds were impressed by his PowerPoint presentation. Yes, really. Said so in the press conference. He was unimpressed by the level of press questioning including "how would you like the fans to pronounce your name?" Presumably when chanting for your sacking after a few defeats!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I'll give it until Christmas.

I don't think he'll last through the pre-season friendlies.
    He got to get to the pre-season friendlies first.
  • Options
    Garry Monk resigns.
  • Options
    Let's hope he's not off to Palace :neutral:
  • Options
    Resigned or sacked?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Resigned or sacked?

Resigned. He had a 1 year rolling contract & met the new owner to discuss extending it. The new owner said that he is disappointed that gary Monk has left & he said he was looking forward to working with him & giving him another year.

Gary Monk has said that they couldn't agree on how to move the club forward. In Duchatelet terms I read that as saying ""I wanted to bring in 4 or 5 players that would make the team better & be able to get into the top 6 & the club said that the POTY would be sold & here are 3 players from the Italian 3rd division
  • Options
    Leeds are gonna be the Wolves of The Championship this year.

Decent players
    Great manager

Beat Stoke 3-1 last week
    Beating Derby 3-1 this week
  • Options
    Beating derby 4-1
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I'd be surprised if they ran away with it like Wolves did.

Last year Wolves were out on their own but there's a number of strong sides in the championship this year.

Can't deny that Bielsa has got them playing great football so quickly though.
  • Options
    Bielsa's sides always start well but he likes a small squad and in a long season they often burn out. But we shall see.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Bielsa's sides always start well but he likes a small squad and in a long season they often burn out. But we shall see.

And Leeds have looked strong a few times at the start of a season only to run out of steam

Really impressive fourth goal though
  • Options
    Got to admit this is great support from them tonight for a youth cup match

• Options

I can't understand a single word of what they're singing, not even "Leeds" which I assume would be in there somewhere.
  • Options
    Nothing better to do with their lives
  • Options
    edited February 2020

I can't understand a single word of what they're singing, not even "Leeds" which I assume would be in there somewhere.
    They are singing  Marching on Together, "their" song, which they've sung at every game since before I can remember.
    Man U are their rivals. When was the last chance they had to go to Old Trafford and when will they go again ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weird tbh
  • Options
    Was during a working day?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Was during a working day?
    The game is tonight yes
  • Options

They are singing  Marching on Together, "their" song, which they've sung at every game since before I can remember.
    Man U are their rivals. When was the last chance they had to go to Old Trafford and when will they go again ?
    Next season?
  • Options
    2010 last time Leeds played at Old Trafford was in the FA Cup

Magnificent support (plenty of scum) always have done 

16,500 at St Andrews for the play off final replay in 1987 when we mustered 1,500 
    just goes to show size doesn't matter !

• Options

FA Cup 3rd round ten years ago, next season probably :p

I went to out u18 fa youth Cup game there.  The best 2 players on the pitch are no ones now, funny old game, but that's a diffrent story. 

That's quality support for a school night to be fair.  We would struggle to take that to Watford for a league game. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

FA Cup 3rd round ten years ago, next season probably :p

I went to out u18 fa youth Cup game there.  The best 2 players on the pitch are no ones now, funny old game, but that's a diffrent story. 

That's quality support for a school night to be fair.  We would struggle to take that to Watford for a league game. 
    Do you mean this one that Callum Marriott played in.