Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options
    Joke club. Hope they go down. 1984. Never forget
  • Options

Dead right. Never forgiven
  • Options
    Leeds and Watford going toe to toe for the highest number of managers in 1 season.
  • Options
    Can they sack him, then ask him to be caretaker manager as does better in that role?
  • Options
    Leeds United - the Club that keeps on giving.

Championship side Leeds United have been served with a winding-up petition.
    BBC Radio Leeds reports that the petition has been lodged by Ford & Warren solicitors.
    While Ken Bates was chairman of Leeds, former United director Melvyn Levi and his business partner Robert Walton were accused of dishonest dealings by Bates, but the case was struck out of court.
    The unpaid fees amount to around £150,000 and the hearing is set to be held on 13 January.
    In another case, Levi sued Bates for harassment in 2012 and was awarded £10,000 in compensation.
    Bates sold Leeds to GFH Capital in December 2012 before Italian businessman Massimo Cellino bought a majority share in April 2014.
    Nick Collins, senior partner at Ford and Warren, told BBC Radio Leeds: "This is not a dispute with Mr Cellino. This is something he has inherited from the previous ownership of the club.
    "We bear no ill-will towards Mr Cellino and we wish him well. I genuinely hope we can resolve this amicably but we must do what is necessary to protect our clients' position."
    The Elland Road side are currently 17th in the Championship, with no wins in their last eight matches.
  • Options

Leeds United - the Club that keeps on giving.

Championship side Leeds United have been served with a winding-up petition.
    BBC Radio Leeds reports that the petition has been lodged by Ford & Warren solicitors.
    While Ken Bates was chairman of Leeds, former United director Melvyn Levi and his business partner Robert Walton were accused of dishonest dealings by Bates, but the case was struck out of court.
    The unpaid fees amount to around £150,000 and the hearing is set to be held on 13 January.
    In another case, Levi sued Bates for harassment in 2012 and was awarded £10,000 in compensation.
    Bates sold Leeds to GFH Capital in December 2012 before Italian businessman Massimo Cellino bought a majority share in April 2014.
    Nick Collins, senior partner at Ford and Warren, told BBC Radio Leeds: "This is not a dispute with Mr Cellino. This is something he has inherited from the previous ownership of the club.
    "We bear no ill-will towards Mr Cellino and we wish him well. I genuinely hope we can resolve this amicably but we must do what is necessary to protect our clients' position."
    The Elland Road side are currently 17th in the Championship, with no wins in their last eight matches.

Has Christmas come early ?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    And the circus keeps on giving.
    Edit; By the way thanks for the point on Tuesday; such a happy hunting ground :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant.
  • Options
    What a mess...
  • Options
    Nothing will happen, he's got 14 days to appeal, appeal will drag it out & the conviction passes in March 2015 so by then, he will legally be clear & then can pass the test
  • Options
    So Cellino is disqualified from 'holding office or acting as a Relevant Person' in respect of LUFC (or any other Club) until 18 March 2015 but has 28 days to do so, from today. 80 days after that he's fine to carry on. Hardly seems worth it!
  • Options
    So he failed a late fit & proper person test.
  • Options

What happened?
  • Options

What happened?
    Dunno, I forgot...........
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

So Cellino is disqualified from 'holding office or acting as a Relevant Person' in respect of LUFC (or any other Club) until 18 March 2015 but has 28 days to do so, from today. 80 days after that he's fine to carry on. Hardly seems worth it!

Agree with you and that is Leeds argument, and to be honest, they have a point.

He shouldn't have been given the go ahead in the first place, shambles.
  • Options

What happened?
    They supported The Brotherhood and enforced punishment for thought crimes.
  • Options
    They took us to court over late payments for Carl Harris... Personally I think one should be able to move on :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cellino will simply hand control over to a nominee who will act as his surrogate, a 'Slater' type figure .. as I understand the position, Cellino has to pay a fine/reimbursement of some half a million pounds to 'wipe the slate clean' .. we will see
  • Options

What happened?
    They asked for and got a winding up order against Charlton. The company was wound up.

Fortunately new owners stepped in, a new company (Charlton Athletic 1984) was set up and the Football League allowed it to take over the old company's membership of the league otherwise we wouldn't exist.

Never forget, never forgive.
    Wow, did not know this, was 3 years prior to my existence to be fair. Why did they ask for a winding up order against us?
  • Options
    We were late playing the instalments on the transfer of Carl Harris, a winger we bought from them.

We were in a mess financially anyway, hence the late payments, but another club pushed us over the edge.
  • Options
    And as Henry said, that club was Leeds.

They didn't have to take such drastic action, but they ruthlessly chose to.

It would have been oblivion for Charlton, but Sunleys building firm immediately bought the wreckage.
    And that was the beginning of another story.

• Options

Just embarrassing
    I take it, you're talking about his hair cut.
  • Options
    WTF
  • Options
    I wish the video clip had continued to see what happened when the player in blue turns around

Thats the sort of offence which should be allowed to be looked back on and bans be given out for simulation
  • Options

I wish the video clip had continued to see what happened when the player in blue turns around

Thats the sort of offence which should be allowed to be looked back on and bans be given out for simulation

On the longer video, Russell does nothing but another Derby player gives the leeds player a blast and after the ref booked Russell, he then went and gave the Leeds player a right talking to