Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Stand Smoke

Comments

• Options
    They should have a smoking area, but with a big sign up that reads 'Smoking area for smelly low-class bastards'

I wonder if people would still smoke in the toilets then? Be an interesting social experiment anyway
  • Options

North Upper toilets (the one closest to NWQ) was a utter disgrace today. Absolutely filled with smoke and not a single steward seemed to do anything. Found it very hard to breathe when I went in at half time. I know there was another topic on this but couldnt find it. Club need to address this problem right away.

Did you tell the stewards? Or simply choose to complain having done nothing about it.
    Ah yes the one female steward who I could see. That would have solved everything.
    You can't be that stupid to think she was the only steward?

Why not tell another steward? Surely a thread moaning about it does far less.
  • Options
    Could be the new Cheech & Chong movie.
  • Options

They should have a smoking area, but with a big sign up that reads 'Smoking area for smelly low-class bastards'

I wonder if people would still smoke in the toilets then? Be an interesting social experiment anyway

Perhaps you could put that to them?
  • Options
    Maybe have a rule you can only smoke in the bogs when Church scores, that would sort it.
  • Options

iainment said:

smoking may be a dying habit but its still a considerable element of the crowd.

why shouldnt they be provided with facilities to improve their match day experience?

Because it's a public/work space, and smoking isn't allowed there. Just because they can't last 2 hours or so without a smoke they shouldn't be allowed to spoil it for non smokers.

why would a smoking pen in each stand affect others that didnt smoke? dont follow your line of thought at all.

on your logic, lets ban food and beer as well. why cant you go 2 hours without refreshment?

and get rid of the toilets to. Surely people can hold it for 2 hours. Problem solved.
  • Options

iainment said:

why shouldnt they be provided with facilities to improve their match day experience?

Because it's a public/work space, and smoking isn't allowed there. Just because they can't last 2 hours or so without a smoke they shouldn't be allowed to spoil it for non smokers.

why would a smoking pen in each stand affect others that didnt smoke? dont follow your line of thought at all.

on your logic, lets ban food and beer as well. why cant you go 2 hours without refreshment?

There is a beer ban already at The Valley and most football grounds........
  • Options
    Been a problem since the stadium became non smoking, yet the club (despite numerous owners) has failed to address this with any conviction. I'm a dirty smoker, but really can't understand why some can't go 2 hours without one. I know I'm in a place where I can't smoke, so I don't. No real hassle for me................
  • Options
    edited March 2014

iainment said:

It's against the law to smoke in a stand.

Comparing smoking with eating and drinking, now that's a laugh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can't wait till there's a smoking area , we can all sneak in there and curl out a few fresh logs and see how they like it

I bet they will be steaming.
  • Options
    The west stand toilets are very sophisticated I must say even got handcream in there. The north a bit smokey but by far the east stand toilets are the worst, the ones down near the south stand, blokes smoking doobies the size of parsnips in there.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    There is one thoroughly nice gentleman who is often in there smoking a shisha lol now that's taking liberties!! Proper naughty

East stand security you see. There ain't any..
  • Options
    Are us plebs allowed to smoke at the bingo?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

iainment said:

It's against the law to smoke in a stand.

Comparing smoking with eating and drinking, now that's a laugh.
    yeah i dont seriously think they are the same and was being a Clown.

but i dont see why in the east stand you couldnt have a couple of pens out the back. its open air so i think that would be legal.
  • Options
    Some people go up the steps to have a cheeky smoke but the stewards run up there and tell them to put it out...

Some fans have resulted to just chewing on handfuls of golden Virginia. Seen them doing it. 2hours without a fag to a human chimney is a long time....people start clucking and will do
    Anything for a drag... The club need to realise that....
  • Options
    I guess the football served up on the cabbage patch doesn't help matters. Still suggest they should all be shot and quartered.
  • Options
    Everyone knows smoking in the boys room ain't allowed. But I can't believe that snacks containing meat are allowed to be eaten within sight of the pitch. Puts me right off my flask of camomile tea at half time.
  • Options
    I'm gutted they got rid of the burger van at the top of the east stand...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MSE7 said:

What!? Why?
  • Options
    Replaced it with silly hot dog stalls in the middle of the east stand...right next to the bar areas.....I was cut up about it actually. I loved that little plot...
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Replaced it with silly hot dog stalls in the middle of the east stand...right next to the bar areas.....I was cut up about it actually. I loved that little plot...

Loved heading over there at half-time, queues were basically empty. Shame, i'll have to make do with the one outside before the game instead.
  • Options
    The hotdog stall was placed there outside my gangway especially for me. I hope you don't think that anybody can use it. Sorry to hear about your burger van.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Solidgone said:

The hotdog stall was placed there outside my gangway especially for me. I hope you don't think that anybody can use it. Sorry to hear about your burger van.

Who wants dirty old rollover hot dogs when you can have real sausages in a nice long baguette...

Plus they are dirty. I have seen them taking money with their bare hands and then opening the buns with the same hands. Pure filth that is...at least that burger van had two people one taking the money the other serving.

I call Heath and safety!!!!!
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

More gutted than you were about Billy?

• Options
    MSE7 said:

There is one thoroughly nice gentleman who is often in there smoking a shisha lol now that's taking liberties!! ..

Like you were this morning?
  • Options
    Interesting that we don't have the smoking issue in the bogs behind the East Stand?
  • Options
    Davies will be back... Look at McDermott! And technically a contract termination is not a sacking....

But as I have said I am CAFC and I won't run. I'll take my punishment like a warrior...
  • Options

Interesting that we don't have the smoking issue in the bogs behind the East Stand?

Depends what bogs you are talking about? The ones near the F block have a problem with a phantom shitter who leaves a log in the urinals...