Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Stand Smoke

North Upper toilets (the one closest to NWQ) was a utter disgrace today. Absolutely filled with smoke and not a single steward seemed to do anything. Found it very hard to breathe when I went in at half time. I know there was another topic on this but couldnt find it. Club need to address this problem right away.

Comments

• Options
    Give up mate. Nothing will happen until the club gets a 10k fine. Hope they do to be honest.
  • Options
    Yeah agree 100 pc. Just cos you want to smoke yourself to an early death doesn't mean I want to. Although not sure what is worse - the smell of smoke or what they normally smell like
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    And people wonder why we get labelled 'anoraks' etc. don't understand what it is with our fans and wantin to get eachother in trouble
  • Options

And people wonder why we get labelled 'anoraks' etc. don't understand what it is with our fans and wantin to get eachother in trouble

Lol

• Options

Something needs to be done, it's murder trying to have a sniff.

Whose arse?
  • Options

Something needs to be done, it's murder trying to have a sniff.

Whose arse?
    Are you boys on crack or something then?
  • Options
    I thought you'd rear your ugly head on this thread, Stig.

Big ;-)
  • Options
    Crack is wack yo

The club needs to think about a smoking area out the back, it's not fair on those who fancy a line of rackett or a dump. A massive fine is not positive either
  • Options
    Was outside the toilet enjoying a nice bit of passive smoking when a "Bar Security" person appeared looking at everyone standing around drinking. After a few minutes we realised he was looking for who was smoking, the daft twat totally ignored the big plume of smoke coming out over his head.

and we laughed and laughed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Stand toilets stink of pipe smoke and wax jackets. Id take the North Stand any day!!
  • Options

North Upper toilets (the one closest to NWQ) was a utter disgrace today. Absolutely filled with smoke and not a single steward seemed to do anything. Found it very hard to breathe when I went in at half time. I know there was another topic on this but couldnt find it. Club need to address this problem right away.

Did you tell the stewards? Or simply choose to complain having done nothing about it.
  • Options
    What about smokers human rights?
  • Options
    Keep hearing about this but have never witnessed it. Maybe I'm being naive but why do people smoke in the toilets?
  • Options
    For the thrill
  • Options

For the thrill

wasn't that what George Michael said?
  • Options
    ..and the glamour....
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Keep hearing about this but have never witnessed it. Maybe I'm being naive but why do people smoke in the
    toilets?

Because they are hooked on nicotine (the fools) and the decision to make the whole football ground non-smoking has pushed them to low level criminality. Of course those that made the decision could have said, open air areas could be used for smoking at half-time. But they didn't...................
  • Options
    Can't believe our fans are still brining in flares!
  • Options

Lol

Agree, typical Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did you tell the stewards? Or simply choose to complain having done nothing about it.
    Ah yes the one female steward who I could see. That would have solved everything.
  • Options
    Does any stand have a smoking area?
    I always fail to see why the law can't allow designated smoking rooms.
  • Options

Ah yes the one female steward who I could see. That would have solved everything.
    Would have done more than a thread on a forum.
  • Options

but why should the club or anywhere for that matter have to go to the expense of providing somewhere for smokers.
  • Options

but why should the club or anywhere for that matter have to go to the expense of providing somewhere for smokers.
    So that people don't smoke in the toilets
  • Options

So that people don't smoke in the toilets
    They don't, not shouldn't have to do that.
  • Options
    Bring back the birch and the National service.....that'll learn em!
  • Options
    smoking may be a dying habit but its still a considerable element of the crowd.

why shouldnt they be provided with facilities to improve their match day experience?
  • Options

why shouldnt they be provided with facilities to improve their match day experience?

Because it's a public/work space, and smoking isn't allowed there. Just because they can't last 2 hours or so without a smoke they shouldn't be allowed to spoil it for non smokers.

• Options
    iainment said:

Because it's a public/work space, and smoking isn't allowed there. Just because they can't last 2 hours or so without a smoke they shouldn't be allowed to spoil it for non smokers.

why would a smoking pen in each stand affect others that didnt smoke? dont follow your line of thought at all.

on your logic, lets ban food and beer as well. why cant you go 2 hours without refreshment?