Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v Bournemouth and Boscombe Ath|18 March 2014|Preview, Views, News and Line Ups

13»

Comments

• Options
    My boss, who very rarely comments on anything outside the Premier League, just advised me that we "better win tonight because you won't get anything from Burnley on Saturday". I'm astonished that he knows Charlton are playing tonight, even more so that he knows our opponents on Saturday - but I think he's bloody right !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

My boss, who very rarely comments on anything outside the Premier League, just advised me that we "better win tonight because you won't get anything from Burnley on Saturday". I'm astonished that he knows Charlton are playing tonight, even more so that he knows our opponents on Saturday - but I think he's bloody right !

We've beaten QPR and Leicester at home. No reason why we can't beat Burnley as well!

• Options
    I hope Obika starts, all the other strikers have had a fair crack lately, our strikers need to realise sometimes you have to create your own chances. Too many 1-2 s on the edge of the area in the hope of a perfect scoring chance being set up for them. I would go with church to play with him as he seems better at holding the ball up field. Got a horrible feeling YK will score.
  • Options
    Bournemouth are bang in form which means it is not a good time to be playing them. We will dominate the game but again without goal threat. 2-0 to Bournemouth and the worry continues.
  • Options
    Stop their full backs getting forward and attack them one-against-one. Pritchard on the right and Harriott on the left, both allowed the Bournemouth full backs to run past them and overload our full backs, in the opening game of the season. can't let that happen again. We need to get Wilson and Wiggins doing it to them.
    Obika and Sordell up front should work, with Sordell looking to drop off and collect to feet and Obika running in behind. Cousins and Poyet did a very good job against QPR, outplayed Carroll and Jenas. Can't understand why they haven't played together since?
    As an alternative, If we can't fit Jacko into the centre, why not play the Diamond again? Harriott can play at the top of the diamond. Cousins right central, Jacko left central, Poyet at the base. Liverpool used it brilliantly at Old Trafford v ManU, with Sterling at the top. Harriott did well enough v Forest, the last time we used it. wiggins and Wilson are capable of covering the Bournemouth full backs as they come forward one v one, providing they don't have the wingers to cover as well.
  • Options
    Please not Pritchard
  • Options
    Please no Pritchard tonight! I can cope with most other things.
  • Options
    Pritchard hatrick?
    Maybee too many prematch beers?
  • Options
    Being pedantic, this thread title is wrong.
    AFC Bournemouth and Boscombe FC.
    Just saying.
    ;-)