Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Ath v Bournemouth and Boscombe Ath|18 March 2014|Preview, Views, News and Line Ups

Comments

• Options
    Did Simon Francis divide opinion??! Can't honestly remember anybody rating his performances for us. Another winnable game but goals will be a problem even with Obika available. Fancy us to edge this 1-0.
  • Options
    0-1 loss despite being on top for the majority, and the reality to sink in that 2pts from 9 isn't good enough.

Hopefully the complete opposite and 5 from 9, though.
  • Options
    A goalfest tomorrow. 3-1 to Cafc.
  • Options
    Some preferred Francis to Solly.

There is a thread on here if you search for it.
  • Options
    Char 2 bournenouth 0

Reza first goalscorer
  • Options
    Heart says we will nick this 1-0 but my head says a third consecutive 0-0 .
  • Options
    2-0 to the free flowing, rip roaring Addicks. Reza and JJ
  • Options

A goalfest tomorrow. 3-1 to Cafc.

1-0 would be a goalfest at the moment.

Bournemouth on good form so can't see us getting anything out of this, unfortunately. 0-1.
  • Options
    Draw at best
    We're just dull
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we might just nick this 1-0, we badly need 3 points and winning our games in hand will get us out of the 'mire'. Sadly I cant do the match thread tonight, I will be back, hopefully, on Saturday.
  • Options

cafctom said:

How on earth is a player like Simon Francis 10 places ahead of us?

Because he a better player than a section of Charlton fans have him credit for ?

If we're honest, he was never shocking like McCormack. My problem with Francis was that he always got caught upfield and out of position. He was always a good crosser of the ball (two assists for Yann already) and occasionally looked solid defensively. He was just too inconsistent and let's not forget that the entire team was pretty poor at the time too. He's gone to a club where he gets games and is now one of the more experienced players there. He has definitely improved since he left us. Bournemouth fan I know rates him.
  • Options
    Im not sure what the score will be but I know for a fact kerm will score
  • Options
    0-0
  • Options
    We normally do well on a Tuesday at home. Big night and anything but 3 points will be disappointing.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Chartlon 2-0 Obika 34th minute followed by Reza in the 79th
  • Options

Chartlon 2-0 Obika 34th minute followed by Reza in the 79th

I do wish people would not sit on the fence and be more specific in their predictions :)
  • Options
    Obika to score, resulting in a chorus of "We are staying up". He subsequently gets injured, and we are back to square one.
  • Options
    1 - 0 win, Cousins with the goal.
  • Options
    3-0 to the mighty Addicks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-1, Harriot and Obika - most comfortable win for a while.
  • Options

Obika to score, resulting in a chorus of "We are staying up". He subsequently gets injured, and we are back to square one.

No, it's fine. We only need to win once more as Millwall, Yeovil and Barnsley won't be picking up any more points this season.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

No, it's fine. We only need to win once more as Millwall, Yeovil and Barnsley won't be picking up any more points this season.
    Ah yes, this is true. In that case, get in!
  • Options
    Harry Arter always manages to show why we made a mistake in letting him go, and now he has a new mate Yann to do the same. Another 0-0 I fear.
  • Options
    To be fair to Francis, he did have a wicked cross on him. I always thought he got more stick than he deserved.

As for Yann, I hope he gets subbed on and gets a massive round of applause from the Charlton fans. He really did get us out of a sticky patch and gave 110%.
  • Options
    hope we start with Obika and Reza up top. I like Reza in that he will at least take on defenders and wins free kick's near the box. Been unlucky a couple of times. Like Sheffield Utd he will come good soon.

Prediction 3-1 and Reza will score.
  • Options

We normally do well on a Tuesday at home. Big night and anything but 3 points will be disappointing.

We actually haven't lost at home on a Tuesday in the league or cup this season.
  • Options
    The whole club is going to be absolutely toxic if Kermy nets vs us, which would be from coming off the bench. Not sure how i'd react, anger perhaps.. pray for the greater good he doesn't.

This is an absolutely crucial match in the future of our club, every game from now is. Keep us up lads and let's see what hand RD is to play next, test his mettle.
  • Options
    Bournemouth have kept quite a few clean sheets in a row I believe but are fairly low scorers themselves. Reminds me of another team. So erm..0 - 0 anyone?