Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket 20/20 World Cup 2014

Comments

• Options
    WI 50-1 off 5ovs
  • Options
    WI 103-2 off 13ovs

Need 76 from 42
  • Options
    WI 137-4 off 17ovs

Need 42 from 18
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    WI 148-4 off 18ovs

Need 31 from 12
  • Options
    WI 167-4 off 19ovs

Need 12 from 6
  • Options
    12 from 5
  • Options
    12 from 4
  • Options
    6 from 3
  • Options
    0 from 2

WI win by 6 wickets with 2 balls left!!
  • Options
    Chris Gayles celebrations at the end was awesome; what a beast!
    If I ever met him and he called me an ugly baldheaded twat;I would have to say thankyou Mr. Gayle I have to agree with you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Great win by WI - brilliant innings by Sammy - seems an obvious candidate for the short ball but no one seems to see that. Windies have such a lot of power and can see them going all the way
    Oz almost eliminated - what a shame !
  • Options
    pettgra said:

Chris Gayles celebrations at the end was awesome; what a beast!
    If I ever met him and he called me an ugly baldheaded twat;I would have to say thankyou Mr. Gayle I have to agree with you.

would you really ?
  • Options
    Big game for England tomorrow - SA should have been beaten by Netherlands in last game and seem in a little disarray with Du Plessis out suspended - Kallis is a huge loss to them also.
  • Options

Big game for England tomorrow - SA should have been beaten by Netherlands in last game and seem in a little disarray with Du Plessis out suspended - Kallis is a huge loss to them also.

Also, they are so flakey in knockouts they make Ravi bopara look like he's got nuts of steel.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Also, they are so flakey in knockouts they make Ravi bopara look like he's got nuts of steel.
    However, when you've got the likes of De Villiers,Amla,Steyn.Morkel and Miller in your team then they are likely at some stage to give even a good team a good kicking.

• Options

McBobbin said:

However, when you've got the likes of De Villiers,Amla,Steyn.Morkel and Miller in your team then they are likely at some stage to give even a good team a good kicking.

True... But then we aren't a good team, despite winning this tournament and being beaten finalists... I can't pick it
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

True... But then we aren't a good team, despite winning this tournament and being beaten finalists... I can't pick it
    All depends what SA team turns up. We can best be described as 'workmanlike'- will be close in most matches, but however, not enough under the bonnet for 7 out of 10 games - to win twice in succession is a big ask.
  • Options
    How we doing ?
  • Options
    Second floodlight failure. SA 62 for 0 off 7.3.
  • Options
    I am nearly 50, overweight and have not played League Cricket for over 20 years. However, I would still go for less runs than bloody Dernbach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wha'appen ?
  • Options
    Hales playing well again
  • Options
    Dernbachs over that went for 26 without doubt the one that put this game out of reach for England.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I am nearly 50, overweight and have not played League Cricket for over 20 years. However, I would still go for less runs than bloody Dernbach.

Robert Key once described Dernbach as " a seriously average cricketer". I'd say that was seriously generous.
  • Options
    Absolutely shit bowling by adernbach cost us the game - 40 odd off 3 overs ! How does he keep getting in the team?
  • Options

Absolutely shit bowling by adernbach cost us the game - 40 odd off 3 overs ! How does he keep getting in the team?

Because Riviera is busy entertaining us on CL by all accounts.

• Options
    edited March 2014

Because, as I have said before, a succession of England coaches and captains are too rigid and do not have a plan B or C or D. They have a bit of success by working out a plan with certain players and then they just stick to the plan and players until they retire or are sacked. It's so obvious it is frightening. Marks and Agnew could not hide their total amazement today that Dernbach keeps getting selected.
  • Options
    And anyone who didn't see the game should not be fooled by the official result of losing by only 3 runs.
  • Options
    Management is about making the right decisions however painful they might be. Unfortunately, close relationships develop between coaches and players and that clouds those decisions.

And that lack of decision making usually ultimately costs the Manager/Coach his job.
  • Options
    Dead game against Netherlands is this morning.

England win the toss and bowl. Parry in for Dernbach.