Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Chris Powell is sacked

2»

Comments

• One thing being positive about a new manager brought in, quite another to be happy a really nice man has lost his job. I was sad for parky when he was sacked but positive for the future.

One question to you oli, would you say these things to Powell's face?
  • One thing being positive about a new manager brought in, quite another to be happy a really nice man has lost his job. I was sad for parky when he was sacked but positive for the future.

Of course I would, i'd say it to anyone of your faces on here! Upper North row rr block H if you fancy coming and chatting about it?
  • What a lovely man you sound, Oli...
    Were you one of the ones telling Jordan Cousins he was a waste of space and the rest of the players to F off in the lower tier on Sunday too?
  • olicafc90 said:

One thing being positive about a new manager brought in, quite another to be happy a really nice man has lost his job. I was sad for parky when he was sacked but positive for the future.

Of course I would, i'd say it to anyone of your faces on here! Upper North row rr block H if you fancy coming and chatting about it?
  • olicafc90 said:

olicafc90 said:

Whilst I don't agree, what's with all the flags? Can't people have an opinion that goes against the majority anymore?

Anyone would think he's posted pictures of himself with our mothers going by the response...........................

this - how did his opening post receive 4 flags !!!
    It's because the poster's account was only opened last week and this is the first post. Clear attempt at trolling and causing arguments and upset among the members of the forum rather than having an actual discussion
    At the same time I have received flags, I have also received likes. Obviously there are people out there that agree with my opinion.
    Maybe, but perhaps your views as a 'long standing supporter' would be taken more seriously if you had decided to post them before now eh? If you make the end of the day I'll be surprised.
    Ive posted it now because there are dozens of treads disagreeing with powell's sacking, why cant there be one agreeing with it? Im a new member that's all, still an addicks fan and entitled to his own opinion!
    Bullshit. We've had numerous threads for months arguing about CP merits, which you chose not to post on. Now you're making veiled threats under the guise of pretending to want to discuss your opinion in person.

You're a second rate troll looking to stir. I take back what I said earlier...I'll be surprised if you make lunchtime.
  • What a lovely man you sound, Oli...
    Were you one of the ones telling Jordan Cousins he was a waste of space and the rest of the players to F off in the lower tier on Sunday too?

To be fair Jordan didn't exactly have a good game, usually quite a sound player, but maybe this was because he was RM, ultimately powells decision. More annoyed that we didn't get a deserved appreciation for travelling 185 miles up the M1.
  • 7 flags is harsh.
  • TBH, he hasnt said anything majorly controversial , there were quite a few people at the time who thought that SCP's tactics were a bit turgid - its easy in hindsight .
  • Sponsored links:

• Bump

Bumping a thread Oli started 2 years ago after he starts a thread you don't agree with is pretty sad. The guy is entitled to his opinion!
  • TBH, he hasnt said anything majorly controversial , there were quite a few people at the time who thought that SCP's tactics were a bit turgid - its easy in hindsight .

Probably the same fans who cheered when it was announced Curbs was leaving and would complain about him 'not being able to take us further'
  • cafctom said:

TBH, he hasnt said anything majorly controversial , there were quite a few people at the time who thought that SCP's tactics were a bit turgid - its easy in hindsight .

Probably the same fans who cheered when it was announced Curbs was leaving and would complain about him 'not being able to take us further'
    In fact I was only about 16 when Curbs left and didn't fully understand the history of Charlton, so accepted it like other Charlton fans

• cafctom said:

TBH, he hasnt said anything majorly controversial , there were quite a few people at the time who thought that SCP's tactics were a bit turgid - its easy in hindsight .

I didn't cheer but I did think he might have reached the end of what he could do for us.
    Was very surprised at the time how it was done though.
    Still a legendary manager for us.
  • Powell could have been another curbs for us. Anyone who wanted him sacked were just short sighted morons

I think the most important part of your comment was 'could'. Left when we were in relegation and has done f**k all after says it all!

• That side just needed evoluting under his stewardship. But it wasn't gonna happen under Dushitelet or Mare.
  • This is one of these threads where you look back on and think what a silly boy. I mean seriously it's been atrocious since Powell was sacked, at least we had some glory with him and at least he actually cared, one clown after another since.