Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob Crow Has Died

WSSWSS
edited March 2014 in Not Sports Related
Controversial figure has now died. RIP.

Please be as respectful as you can.

Comments

• Options
    Never liked him but RIP
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Very sad.

As an RMT member he will be sorely missed.

What a day.

RIP Mr Crow.
  • Options
    I am staggered at this news .. he was only just over 50 years of age .. very sad for his union membership and his family of course
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    RIP, very sad, didn't agree with all his views but always liked him (in a minority on here for sure) and he always did a fantastic job for his members.
    Heard him on the radio only yesterday (a recorded lunch on the PM programme).
  • Options
    Bad news for all working class people.

RIP
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Shit. It really is a day for owners and senior managers today. If people thought that the railways were shit now, wait until no one is in place to stop train companies speeding towards profit before safety.

RIP Bob.
  • Options
    RIP. Did a good job for his members, cared about people. Sad for his colleagues and family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP, I'm sure his heart was always in the right place with his union members.
  • Options
    Gutted
  • Options
    Not a good day if you're a Charlton fan and an RMT activist
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    RIP

Although I opposed him politically. I knew him and can confirm that away from the negotiation table he was actually good company in the pub and would talk about quite knowledgeably about football with his love of the Spanners and Dagenham.

Can I request that the usual respect for RIP threads is shown by those who didn't like him.
  • Options
    RIP, no age at all.
  • Options
    blimey
  • Options
    RIP, gutted to hear this, met him many times whilst working on the underground and on quite a few ocassions since.
  • Options
    God, that's no age to go. Feel for his family
  • Options
    Very sad and shocking. Apparently he was on Radio 4 yesterday. RIP.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

RIP

Although I opposed him politically. I knew him and can confirm that away from the negotiation table he was actually good company in the pub and would talk about quite knowledgeably about football with his love of the Spanners and Dagenham.

Can I request that the usual respect for RIP threads is shown by those who didn't like him.

Asked me once to get him a ticket at the Valley for a Millwall game....told him where to go (in a nice way) don't think it would have gone down to well having Bob in the Covered End.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems very sudden. I'm shocked by this.
  • Options

Richard J said:

RIP

Asked me once to get him a ticket at the Valley for a Millwall game....told him where to go (in a nice way) don't think it would have gone down to well having Bob in the Covered End.

Unlike a lot of well known fans,he did actually attend matches regularly and watched football at grass roots level.
  • Options
    Always liked him. RIP
  • Options

blimey

My sentiment. RIP ... Look out God, here comes Bob!

• Options
    Probably a minutes silence on Saturday as he was a big (in more ways then one) Millwall fan.
  • Options
    We'll find out how accurately he represented the RMT membership or whether his was a cult of personality.
    One of the last of a dying breed of adversarial union leadership? Time will tell.
    A controversial character of that there is no doubt. Working class hero to some - ethically compromised pantomime villain to others, the truth, as always I suspect, lies somewhere between the two.
  • Options
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    To use one of his quotes when Margaret Thatcher died:

"I wont shed one single tear over her death," he added. "She destroyed the NHS and destroyed industry in this country and as far as I'm concerned she can rot in hell."

The feeling is mutual I am sure. He has bought London to it's knees a number of times with his union protests - which did not even have the full backing of the union members - costing the economy millions, if not billions, of pounds
  • Options
    Sod his politics.

Fifty fecking Two (gulp)

RIP Bob.