Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Missing Malaysian plane

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Thousands upon thousands of dollars spent on research and recovery and it was ‘clearly’ the pilot all along!
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Clearly an intentional action by the Captain.
    "Clearly"?

I mean, that may be your hunch or it maybe the view you've taken based on listening to or reading certain "facts", but I think the only thing that could be considered "clear" in any of this is that the plane went missing. The rest is anything but clear.
    Couldn’t in any shape or form disagree with you more…..there’s so much evidence that’s impossible to ignore.
    Of course there’s always a few out there who love a bit of a conspiracy story, or similar.
    You are simply ignoring the FACTS……for some odd reason?🧐
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Clearly an intentional action by the Captain.
    "Clearly"?

I mean, that may be your hunch or it maybe the view you've taken based on listening to or reading certain "facts", but I think the only thing that could be considered "clear" in any of this is that the plane went missing. The rest is anything but clear.
    Couldn’t in any shape or form disagree with you more…..there’s so much evidence that’s impossible to ignore.
    Of course there’s always a few out there who love a bit of a conspiracy story, or similar.
    You are simply ignoring the FACTS……for some odd reason?🧐
    To be fair, I haven't really done that much reading or research into it myself so will definitely bow to anyone who has.

But all of those "facts" above are just circumstantial. All presented in one go like that and it certainly looks odd, but it doesn't prove anything and therefore nothing can be "clear". But I respect your opinion. 

The sad fact, for me, is that all of those people went missing and nobody really knows how or why.
  • Options
    I fly with Malaysian quite a lot, so do have a vested interest in this, over and above many other regular flyers.  I also followed the initial "disaster" very closely.

The Netflix doc I found interesting, and it did remind me of some details I had forgotten.

It was a bit "shock/horror" though with the woman who convinced herself she could see wreckage in her pics of the South China Sea. Sadly, there was no surface evidence to corroborate her viewpoint. Also, the Russians hijacking it and flying to Kazakhstan took some believing.

Then you had to try to believe that the wreckage found in the western Indian ocean coastline was planted (and that only one big piece really was from MH370). I don't think so...

If you discount the SCS crash site, and flying it to Russia, then most of the other conspiracy theories (the Americans/Chinese/Aliens etc did it!) all go away.

So, in my opinion, the plane did crash in the southern Indian Ocean, but how and why it got there is a mystery.

Yes, the Malaysians were slow in responding (as they were as confused as everyone with what went on, seeing as it doesn't exactly happen regularly!), and they do hate to be wrong, so that is a little understandable.

I don't think we will ever know, and that must be heart-breaking for the families of all those on board.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    Considering most of the victims were Chinese, it is slightly strange that there's little coverage of this new Netflix documentary here.
    Probably because Netflix is on the harmonised list
    I must admit I find that term funny... I know what you mean but this is the first time I've seen it in English🤣 
    Seems like a useful addition to English language terms that are deliberately..discreet. Like "elimination". It's used to discreetly refer to the murder of pesky opponents, of course, but the Americans also use it to describe their dogs taking a pooh.

Is it correct to say for example that we have now 'harmonised" Charlie Methven, in that we have carefully inspected him and decided that we really don't need any of his crap? Is that "harmonisation" ? 
    Erm... I can't say exactly if it is correct. I think you probably need to be living in China for some years to truly understand such a term. The origin of it is related to the bullet train. And since this is a public thread, I can't go further into it...

It just ocurred to me that you wrote in the Ukraine thread that you had a Russian girlfriend who considered the Holocaust as propaganda. That was shocking to know and is proof that people's views on certain historical events can vary differently. And it's sad that the tension between the West and the East has become serious again in recent years.

Edit: sorry if my post here doesn't make much sense to you😅 I have so much to say/complain about but I tried to put it very vaguely....
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Jessie said:
    Considering most of the victims were Chinese, it is slightly strange that there's little coverage of this new Netflix documentary here.
    Probably because Netflix is on the harmonised list
    I must admit I find that term funny... I know what you mean but this is the first time I've seen it in English🤣 
    Seems like a useful addition to English language terms that are deliberately..discreet. Like "elimination". It's used to discreetly refer to the murder of pesky opponents, of course, but the Americans also use it to describe their dogs taking a pooh.

Is it correct to say for example that we have now 'harmonised" Charlie Methven, in that we have carefully inspected him and decided that we really don't need any of his crap? Is that "harmonisation" ? 
    think CM has better grasp of harmonisation that TS ....
  • Options
    There was a very similar programme aired last year. Probably on C4 or C5. Covered all the same theories & still came up with no answers. 

Imo it was pilot suicide. He simulated it at home & knew how to turn off transponder etc. Might have died by asphyxiation & just left the plane on autopilot & left it to run out of fuel. 

My bet is it's in the Ocean off Australia. Very deep & thousands of miles of open water. 
    this
  • Options
    There was a very similar programme aired last year. Probably on C4 or C5. Covered all the same theories & still came up with no answers. 

Imo it was pilot suicide. He simulated it at home & knew how to turn off transponder etc. Might have died by asphyxiation & just left the plane on autopilot & left it to run out of fuel. 

My bet is it's in the Ocean off Australia. Very deep & thousands of miles of open water.
    that narrows it down a bit - last paragraph. Pacific Ocean or Indian Ocean?

• Options
    Was interesting but inconclusive. 

Hard to ignore the photos of wreckage off the coast of Vietnam and the subsequent Cathay Pacific captains photos of floating wreckage. 

Bizarre that two American military reconnaissance planes were in the air yet the plane wasnt showing up on their radar... that just stinks. 

Not sure why the FBI would have taken the flight simulator unless asked by the Malaysians. Furthermore why wait almost two years to share what they found . 

Also find it hard to believe that none of the wreckage could be tied directly and categorically to the plane. You'd think in this day and age that the serial numbers would be tied directly into the planes original assembly. 

It's all pure speculation in the end as nobody can conclusively prove anything. Even the satellite information is sketchy and based upon previously untried/ untested data. 

Personally I don't think the Captain can be blamed...he is just too easy as a target. 

I'd be interested in what input the Chinese had in this, what with all the hype about their involvement in spyware and their technical abilities revolving around hacking. I'd love to hear their theories on the subject.