Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roy Hodgson criticises petition to ban Tom Cleverley from finals

2»

Comments

• Options

Cleverley is the current Danny Green of the England squad.

He's not that good...
  • Options

Cleverly is not good enough for Man United or England, I really hope for his own sake that he can improve.

Give him time, Cleverley will be good enough for Man U in 3-4 years time.

...not that Cleverley is going to improve, it's just in 4 years time Man U will be battling relegation.
  • Options
    I don't think he's very good, but right now I feel really sorry for him. We've had plenty of over-rated footballers playing for England over the years, I don't know what he's done wrong to be singled out....
  • Options
    On the strength of that first half performance, I think he's a shoe in for a starting place, never mind a squad place.
  • Options
    Let's face it, the kind of bell ends that "sign" these online petitions are probably the same ding dongs that confidently pronounced the lad was world class a couple of years back. The only thing more idiotic than football journalism, is fans.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    why on earth would Hodgson entertain answering questions on the petition ...he should have laughed at it...just watched the game on TV ..lalana brightened the game
  • Options
    Bloke doing the petition is a Massives fan....says it all (don't mind OP) but they really do have some right knobs supporting them. For what it's worth I don't think TC should be anywhere near the England squad for Brazil, but no need for petitions (whatever next)....Roy will do the right thing and leave him out.
  • Options
    Can't believe we get this quote from an international manager -

"He plays for Manchester United, and if you do that, there is an automatic place in my squad."

bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26440126
  • Options

"He plays for Manchester United, and if you do that, there is an automatic place in my squad."

But it is Scotland!
  • Options

He's essentially saying that Man Utd are better than the Scottish national team, which is 100% correct. If someone can get into the Man Utd first team then they should be a shoe in for Scotland.