Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where do all these supporters think we would be without Rolands Backing

I'm sure administration, certain relegation and concern we would have existed further down the line, in years to come.

Comments

• True Roland is our knight in shining armour, but that does not mean that we should not question some of his actions and intentions. At the moment relegation does not seem to be too far away and his introduction of Thuram and Loc have not seemed to be an improvement on the team that diverts us from that direction.
  • Admin and relegation now just relegation.Wont question his intentions until a year or so down the line,didnt he start off like this with Liege?
  • This is what I keep saying. Charlton would have been thrown into Administration and the clubs assets would have been sold anyway.

Now it just looks like relegation. Seriously, we don't need to worry about relegation because the impact financially won't even matter to us.
  • With another millionnaire (multi) who lets Chris Powell get on with managing and possibly allowing hm to choose some players for himself. Maybe even some players with experience of English football.
  • In the same place as without him........Division 3 next season but without-10points.
  • More united and less confused
  • Kinda feel that we would have been better off as Josh Harris's only Soccer Club adoptee rather than one of Roland's five teams. Do we feel special under Roland? Special Needs maybe!
  • Sponsored links:

• With another millionnaire (multi) who lets Chris Powell get on with managing and possibly allowing hm to choose some players for himself. Maybe even some players with experience of English football.

The problem though is Powells tactics are dreadful. The two subs he did in the Wigan game directly caused the loss.
    We all see things differently I suppose. I thought that Thuram was at fault for both Wigan's goals and he wouldn't have been playing if Alnwick had not been sold by the owner.
  • meldrew66 said:

Kinda feel that we would have been better off as Josh Harris's only Soccer Club adoptee rather than one of Roland's five teams. Do we feel special under Roland? Special Needs maybe!

As an American, I truly think Josh Harris would have been a better move in terms of direction. He has enough money to make Roland look broke, and is very smart about business. Josh also got a masters from Harvard, so he's quite intelligent as well.

I think the reason that deal collapsed was because he saw the state of the clubs finances and felt that TJ, MS and co were wanting too much given the clubs league position and debt level.
  • The thing is no fan is ever going to be happy when their team is in the relegation zone. Without Roland we would be up s**t creek without a paddle. As it is we're still up s**t creek - but maybe with a small paddle!
  • I think we'd probably be bust and watching our footie fix at Welling.
  • vffvff
    edited February 2014
    Charlton may have gone into administration but then have the debts cleared and like Palace come out with some more traditional owners who may have had deeper pockets, support the manager and team without wanting to play Euro football manager. Not thanking TJ / MS at this point for landing Charlton with RD. I was really disappointed when Josh Harris didn't take over the club. If so Charlton would likely have strengthened in the window and be looking at mid table.

Perhaps when the Cash money had gone 18 months ago, and TJ had sold for 16 to 12 million, or asked for a more reasonable price than the 35 to 40 million allegedly requested then they would not have been in the last chance salon and be either administration or RD.

We are where we are and Charlton supporters have to get on with it. It is not as is there is a fund for Charlton supporters to put money in to buy the club back. The RD plan may come together in time or not.
  • http://www.todayszaman.com/news-338310-report-koc-seeks-ownership-of-uk-club-charlton.html

Not quite sure whether this a joke or that the journalist has realised that Charlton has been purchased by Mr Duchatelet ! Not sure how acquiring Charlton increases the sale of Beko fridges. Maybe Charlton supporters would get a discount on a new fridge with their seasons tickets !
  • Let's name the East Stand after him.
  • My view stands firmly that there is absolutely no need for us to be relegated. I will judge RD on our end of season position. It's far too early to say if we are weaker or stronger than when he took over. Much depends on the new strikers. My heart wants Chrissy to stay but my head says that there have been many adject performances this season that leaves me with doubt over his ability to keep us up. Love the guy but no-one is bigger than the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• vff said:

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-338310-report-koc-seeks-ownership-of-uk-club-charlton.html

Not quite sure whether this a joke or that the journalist has realised that Charlton has been purchased by Mr Duchatelet ! Not sure how acquiring Charlton increases the sale of Beko fridges. Maybe Charlton supporters would get a discount on a new fridge with their seasons tickets !

And of course they didn't try to buy the club before, weren't at The Valley and it wasn't Saturday at the time. I think that's what the chairman said?
  • Why would relegation save RD 4 million?
  • DRFDRF
    edited February 2014
    Have some people simply gone back two years and re-posted all their old posts but replaced the word Jiminez with Duchatelet?
  • edited February 2014
    Roily Poly? Benefit of the doubt? Most posts I have read are hostile, suspicious and very unjust. Again I say look at Liege - look at his life - look at his fortune - the guy is no fool.

What really riles some is that he hasn't just handed CP a fortune to spend.Frankly I don't blame him not leaping in with a new contract - we were doing very badly before Roland pitched up and CP has not exactly seized the initiative in the last few games! ( and I like him and think he sound stay!).

There would have been apoplexy on here if TJ/MS had sold our three best players at the end of a transfer window and replaced them with a motley bunch of young, inexperienced players we had never heard of.

I think Roly Poly is getting the benefit of a lot of doubt at the moment. I can see some merit in his business strategy of investing long term in youth, but would have more respect if he showed some signs of listening and understanding our current situation first. I see no evidence that he sees avoiding relegation as the first imperative - in fact, he probably naively thinks it just saves him £4M...

The problem though is Powells tactics are dreadful. The two subs he did in the Wigan game directly caused the loss.
    Were you at the game, American Addick? Or are you making that judgement from 3000+ miles away? If the latter is the case, it's hard to take your opinion seriously

• DRF - are you not bothered by the notion of RD's random acquisition of 5 clubs across Europe? I am and therefore I have immediate concerns about motives that I did not need to have when TJ/Slater took over. Powell losing power over transfers and this SL loaner fiasco adds to my concerns.
  • What fiasco???? Getting three internationals ?

meldrew66 said:

DRF - are you not bothered by the notion of RD's random acquisition of 5 clubs across Europe? I am and therefore I have immediate concerns about motives that I did not need to have when TJ/Slater took over. Powell losing power over transfers and this SL loaner fiasco adds to my concerns.

• We'll see!
  • Why - if you can somehow watch the game on TV being in the stadium is not essential - I always think watching a game I have been at later on TV often gives me a clearer perspective.

Glad you are bothered enough to comment American Addick - Keep em coming!

blockquote class="Quote" rel="Nadou">

With another millionnaire (multi) who lets Chris Powell get on with managing and possibly allowing hm to choose some players for himself. Maybe even some players with experience of English football.

Were you at the game, American Addick? Or are you making that judgement from 3000+ miles away? If the latter is the case, it's hard to take your opinion seriously

• I feel that Roly is working on a last man standing strategy. He is determined that CAFC is self sustaining and and can run on a break even budget. He will utilise young and eager low wage players on the basis that other clubs such as Trotters Brum Blackpool must be desperately close to Admin and 20 point deduction.

He may well be prepared to go back down to tier 3 on the basis that it will save him £4m that is due to TJ&Co if we stay up. Then he will clear out all the out of contract players he doesn't want to retain and play his younger Academy/other club youngsters playing carpet ball under a tactically aware coach (not manager) at a far lower cost.

If may all be in my imagination but when buying CAFC he was mindful of FFP, our quality Academy, players out of contract plus the interesting location close to the Peninsular.