Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Piotr Parzyszek - SIGNED UNTIL 2018 - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Seems to have paid fees at Standard, mainly undisclosed, but they seem to be mainly younger players who'd be on lowish wages.

De Graf seems to have players with pace, and ability to go round the last fb. Hope he's not expecting that at Charlton!
  • Plaaayer said:

@redarmyse7 is going to have hair envy!!

LOL, soon as I saw the pic I said "LEGO HEAD"

• heavenSE7 said:

Was wanted by Benefica in the summer and West Ham were rumoured to be in for him a while back. Top scorer in Dutch Div 2..

and now he's lining up his dream move to The Valley! Obviously leaked a day early to encourage other clubs to come in at the last minute :-(

• just reading on ESPN website, says hes scored 10 goals in 5 games for them this season but hasnt played since end of september??
  • RD/CAFC do have some money now

Smith
    Yann
    Stephens?
    Wiggins?

• Rumour? It's on his clubs website. Another site says €700k, about £570k.

Pretty clear now RD wants to bring in young talent and sell on for profit. His network means clubs can share scouting knowledge/contacts and players to play on loan across Europe at different levels.

I expect we'll see more signings like this. A 20 year old scoring regularly in our league would be a lot more expensive, but if that player is doing it for us we can attract a big fee.
  • Found the following on the FM research forum, posted in November 2012:

Parzyszek was interviewed by Polish football website last month, it gives some useful information:
    I'm a striker. With a decent cross I will score 9 out of 10 times, but if i get a ball 50 m from opponents goal I'll show you nothing.
    You are a tall player (1,88 m), could you tell us something about your advantages?
    I'm good in the air, I can scuffle with defenders, it's not a problem for me. I can also shoot from distance - both with my left and right foot. I'm not a technical player, I'm not as technically gifted as - for example - Fernando Llorente from Bilbao. I was told to be similar to Klass-Jan Huntelaar and Luuk de Jong.
    I can fluently speak in Polish, writing and reading is sometimes a problem.
    I'm a typical striker, I'm not valuable at any other position. Versatility in not my strength.
    I have contract to 2016, but quietly I wish I would move to stronger club in 2 years. I'm not talking about Ajax or PSV, but Twente, Groningen or similar club.

He has two nationalities, but won't play for Holland, even if asked (of course it's not high enough level, but he is declared for Polish national team). Last time he was playing AMR and AML as a kid, for Vitesse Arnhem. Btw, I've posted sth similar after his previous interview during FM11 works:

Yep. Physical: 188 cm, 74 kg. He's only a striker, Versatility ~1 (he cannot play, and didn't want to play at any other position), in Holland since 1999, but want to play for Polish national team. Hates Vitesse Arnhem, uses left and right foot, strong in the air. He was a captain of De Graafschap junior team in B category (15-16 years old). I never saw him, it's only from interview.
  • cafc4life said:

just reading on ESPN website, says hes scored 10 goals in 5 games for them this season but hasnt played since end of september??

Ignore that site. He has 16 goals in 20 league games this season. Scored 2 consecutive hat tricks back in September.

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/piotr-parzyszek/257719/

• So really we cant expect him to be the Simon Church type player who is going to run into the channels etc... more the Marvin Sordell type who'll try and get into good positions (Okay bad example lol!)
  • In theory, looks the type of player who will work well with Reza.

Time will tell but the line up at Wigan will be very different I suspect.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcdan18 said:

In theory, looks the type of player who will work well with Reza.

Time will tell but the line up at Wigan will be very different I suspect.

Based on the line-ups from when other players have joined I cant see Powell making wholesale changes from Doncaster (He'll make a few of course because Wigan will easily beat us else) but I reckon Reza / Piotr if they sign will be on the bench at most
  • Reza will struggle to start as i 'd assume he's not match fit. The pole can go straight in though.
  • Parzyszek has on his twitter bio. "Charlton Athletic If you can dream it, you can achieve it".
  • Scoham said:

Found the following on the FM research forum, posted in November 2012:

Parzyszek was interviewed by Polish football website last month, it gives some useful information:
    I'm a striker. With a decent cross I will score 9 out of 10 times, but if i get a ball 50 m from opponents goal I'll show you nothing.
    You are a tall player (1,88 m), could you tell us something about your advantages?
    I'm good in the air, I can scuffle with defenders, it's not a problem for me. I can also shoot from distance - both with my left and right foot. I'm not a technical player, I'm not as technically gifted as - for example - Fernando Llorente from Bilbao. I was told to be similar to Klass-Jan Huntelaar and Luuk de Jong.
    I'm a typical striker, I'm not valuable at any other position. Versatility in not my strength.
    I have contract to 2016, but quietly I wish I would move to stronger club in 2 years. I'm not talking about Ajax or PSV, but Twente, Groningen or similar club.

He has two nationalities, but won't play for Holland, even if asked (of course it's not high enough level, but he is declared for Polish national team). Last time he was playing AMR and AML as a kid, for Vitesse Arnhem. Btw, I've posted sth similar after his previous interview during FM11 works:

Yep. Physical: 188 cm, 74 kg. He's only a striker, Versatility ~1 (he cannot play, and didn't want to play at any other position), in Holland since 1999, but want to play for Polish national team. Hates Vitesse Arnhem, uses left and right foot, strong in the air. He was a captain of De Graafschap junior team in B category (15-16 years old). I never saw him, it's only from interview.

an honest sounding, self-aware autobiography .... I hope that it is a realistic one
  • I hope that Fanny is organising the end of season player of the season do, so we can see the Pole dancing!
  • So really we cant expect him to be the Simon Church type player who is going to run into the channels etc... more the Marvin Sordell type who'll try and get into good positions (Okay bad example lol!)

Sounds much more like Yann but potentially more of a goalscorer.
  • It's the language barrier that worries me. We have loads of experience Charltonising native English speaking players but these johnnies will take a lot of breaking in.

Powell better have Google Translator downloaded to his laptop.

"Hit the fucking ball up to the big fella up front"
  • Scoham said:

Found the following on the FM research forum, posted in November 2012:

an honest sounding, self-aware autobiography .... I hope that it is a realistic one
    If he is anything like Luuk De Jong, then he's good enough for me.
  • "I have contract to 2016, but quietly I wish I would move to stronger club in 2 years. I'm not talking about Ajax or PSV, but Twente, Groningen or similar club"

He must be gutted to be here then!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:

just reading on ESPN website, says hes scored 10 goals in 5 games for them this season but hasnt played since end of september??

Ignore that site. He has 16 goals in 20 league games this season. Scored 2 consecutive hat tricks back in September.

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/piotr-parzyszek/257719/

Hattricks don't count though. Does he take penalties, because we'd have to discount those too. ;-)
  • far too good for L1 expect him to be loaned to SL next season.
  • Look at the state of the seats in that picture !
  • Are we going to have sub titles in the programme ?
  • I always wanted to join the Foreign Legion !
  • It's the language barrier that worries me. We have loads of experience Charltonising native English speaking players but these johnnies will take a lot of breaking in.

Powell better have Google Translator downloaded to his laptop.

"Hit pieprzoną piłkę do dużego kolesia z przodu"

"Hit the fucking ball up to the big fella up front"

• Most Belgians and Dutch speak or a least understand basic English, along with plenty of other languages. I'd doubt they'll have a lot of trouble understanding the basic tactics of the champ.
  • Twitter account @PiotrP30
  • ColinTat said:

Most Belgians and Dutch speak or a least understand basic English, along with plenty of other languages. I'd doubt they'll have a lot of trouble understanding the basic tactics of the champ.

Thanks for clearing that up for us CT