Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Well, if nothing else this signing is attracting a more pleasant standard of fan than if we'd signed a lad from from Burnley
  • @karimi79 Thanks, looking forward to seeing him at the Valley next week and hope you will be able to get over here for some games. I hope you drink, because you will get a lot of invites from us all to visit various hostelries in Charlton pre match.
  • Well, if nothing else this signing is attracting a more pleasant standard of fan than if we'd signed a lad from from Burnley

Or Millwall.
  • Kap10 said:

@karimi79 Thanks, looking forward to seeing him at the Valley next week and hope you will be able to get over here for some games. I hope you drink, because you will get a lot of invites from us all to visit various hostelries in Charlton pre match.

I sure as hell can, at least ;)
  • edited January 2014
    seth plum said:

Welcome Karimi. Will we have a Charlton player to follow in the World Cup? Will Gucci make the Iran squad?

He's our starting striker & on a 6 game scoring streak internationally.
  • Kap10 said:

@karimi Welcome.

Why do you think he was not a starter for Standard Liege? Will he be able to cope with the more muscular English League conditions? Has he ever played on a pitch that is like a turkish mud bath?

Great to have you here, be prepared to hear how Gucci is the greatest thing since George best when he scores and the laziest good for nothing when he does not!! - Its what we do

PS Its Charlton Athletic FC not Charlton FC

Liege has some in form strikers that are being scouted by Arsenal & are comfortably in first place. At 5' 11'', Reza doesn't seem to be a Dejagah-like bully on the ball. He uses his speed and technicality to get around his opponents. Hopefully he'll hit the weights and acclimate himself to English football.
  • I heard he can run with a ball at speed? Like giggs used to?
  • MSE7 said:

I heard he can run with a ball at speed? Like giggs used to?

His goals at South Korea and Lebanon are prime examples of that. He also epitomized his skill in the Lebanon match where he ran the ball directly into the box, showed some good hold-up play before slotting it to Dejagah for a nice finish.
  • Am I the only one who finds it funny that a man who played for a club called "Go Ahead Eagles" is now supposedly going to save us? :P

Perhaps "Go Ahead Eagles" was said while brandishing a shotgun. "Go Ahead Eagles - Make my day."

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2014

Hey guys,

Nice to meet you all. I join you from PFDC (persianfootball.com). I welcome you to join our forums!

Reza is definitely a special player. I'm very optimistic and excited to watch him play his football in Charlton.

You guys got a World Cup player in your hands. And believe me when I tell you that he will be more than eager to play games and score goals (Coach Queiroz and his staff will be following and watching him closely). Can't wait for the match against Wigan!

Welcome teammelli1! Nice to have you here

I've been wondering what Team Melli is referring to or what it means, is it the Iranian national team?
  • sasquatch said:

Hey guys,

Nice to meet you all. I join you from PFDC (persianfootball.com). I welcome you to join our forums!

Reza is definitely a special player. I'm very optimistic and excited to watch him play his football in Charlton.

You guys got a World Cup player in your hands. And believe me when I tell you that he will be more than eager to play games and score goals (Coach Queiroz and his staff will be following and watching him closely). Can't wait for the match against Wigan!

I've been wondering what Team Melli is referring to or what it means, is it the Iranian national team?
    Melli means "national" in Persian, so Team Melli is our national team.

• Ghoochannejhad - presumably the first 'H' is silent and the 'J' is also silent. Can't many footballers around with two silent letters in their name?

First & last H's are silent. Pronounced Goochanejad

• Question is... If on his back it reads "Gucci" will that cause problems with our deal with Nike?

(Dread to think how much one of their replica shirts may cost)

I don't think he's too fond of the Gucci nickname us fans gave him. He had "Reza" on the back of his shirt in Liege. So no, fuck you, we won't be splashing the cash on the jersey. :p
  • edited January 2014
    Iranian international great he wont do f all .
  • edited January 2014
    boogica said:

Iranian international great he wont do f all .

So because he is Iranian he is shit? Moron.
  • CAFCsayer said:

boogica said:

Iranian international great he wont do fuck all .

Bollocks u prick
  • boogica said:

CAFCsayer said:

boogica said:

Bollocks u prick
    How eloquent.
  • CAFCsayer said:

boogica said:

CAFCsayer said:

boogica said:

Bollocks u prick
    How eloquent.
    Yep just for u .
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2014
    boogica said:

Grown up and played all his football in Holland and Belgium. Didier Drogba was an Ivory Coast international. They are shit too ?

• boogica said:

Grown up and played all his football in Holland and Belgium. Didier Drogba was an Ivory Coast international. They are shit too ?

Time will tell if he is good enough , wot do we know about him, guess u must av watched him loads of times ,its opinons thats mine u av yours .
  • boogica said:

Iranian internatioinal great he wont do fuck all .

Yeah its obvious.

He gets 1/10 this week without him even been in a training session yet.

Officially written off.
  • Hw

Hey, get off Boogica's back.........He seems like a nice guy!!

Well if you like casual racism and profanities that is!

Hows that racist FFS the world has gone mad all i said was he is a iranian international and wont do fuck all.
  • boogica said:

Hw

Hey, get off Boogica's back.........He seems like a nice guy!!

Well if you like casual racism and profanities that is!

Hows that racist FFS the world has gone mad all i said was he is a iranian international and wont do fuck all.
    Not racist in intent I'm certain. Just I'll informed and bollox.

• sasquatch said:

Hey guys,

Yeah, it means "National team" in Parsi. It's the nickname we use for our team.
  • boogica said:

Time will tell if he is good enough , wot do we know about him, guess u must av watched him loads of times ,its opinons thats mine u av yours .
    I don't have an opinion on him that's valid any more than you do. But just because he's an Iranian International doesn't mean he's going to do fuck all. That's not an opinion it's bollox.

Well lets wait and see.