Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton - FA Cup Preview (from guest author Jim Davidson, Live from the BB House)

Comments

• Options
    Game coming at wrong time for us, will have to rest kermorgant and Jackson with Donny game so close. 2-1 to hudds

• Options

Game coming at wrong time for us, will have to rest kermorgant and Jackson with Donny game so close. 2-1 to hudds

I think Kermo is the sort of player who needs games to keep match sharp (bit like Rooney etc) so would be very surprised if he didn't start.

Harriot instead of Jackson for this game would be a good call then the skipper back to lead us and grind out three points at Donny

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I thought it was real, as did the Huddersfield forum. Damn it :(

Got 1-1 written all over it. Green to start.
  • Options
    Not being a BB afficionado, I had no idea that JD wouldn't be aware of Tuesday's result.

I couldn't make up my mind whether Jim was a Lifer or whether AFKA had once again outperformed so I delayed commenting.

Seems it was the latter so great stuff, Dan ! Where do you get the time, energy and ideas from to pen something of this magnitude ? Awesome.

Huddersfield ? Well, I don't do predictions but I think the gaffer will put out his strongest team, although maybe with JJ on the bench and our new SL midfielder starting. I just feel the lads will be really up for this ...winning ways as Curbs used to say.

Keep the faith !
  • Options
    Good to see a higher percentage of gullible people on the Huddersfield forum rather than here :-)
  • Options
    We're slightly overpriced at 3/1 i reckon. Huddersfield aren't that much better than us, so i've whacked us in my accy.

That clearly means we're going to win.....
  • Options
    1-1 draw. Udders take a first half lead and we equalise with a late Church goal. In the hat for the draw on sunday.
  • Options
    Look what you have done now AFKA. : - )

Epic Northern Fail for that Journo
  • Options

Andrew McDermott ‏@a_mcdermott 8m
    Fans' website produces spoof Jim Davidson preview of #htafc v #cafc. @Examiner fails to get the joke: http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/you-cant-say-anything-nice-6557782

Celebrity Jim Davidson’s in the dog house for latest Huddersfield rant
    24 Jan 2014 09:15

He is holed up in the Celebrity Big Brother House and was talking about his support for Charlton Athletic

Controversial comedian Jim Davidson has given his thoughts on Huddersfield – and they’re not particularly complimentary.

He is holed up in the Celebrity Big Brother House and was talking about his support for Charlton Athletic.

But his memories of trips up north, usually to a defeat in Huddersfield, are far from fond.

And he wasn’t happy to learn that Town are playing them in the FA Cup fourth round tomorrow afternoon at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Town have played Charlton twice at home this season, beating them 3-2 in the Capital One Cup in late August and then 2-1 in the Championship three weeks later.

He said on Big Brother: “Huddersfield, again? Blimey, we’ve played Huddersfield more times than I’ve played Buttons. (Oh no we haven’t, oh yes we have.)

Ex-Town striker Joe Harper describes Huddersfield as ‘hell on Earth’

“Thank God I’m locked up in ‘ere, I’d rather take an Ebdons coach trip to Outer Mongolia with my five mother-in-laws than face another trip to that place.

“Have they had central heating installed up there yet since I’ve been in the House?

“Anyway, the producer here tells me that they’ve only lost once at home since 9th November and have already beaten us twice there this season.

“What a depressing thought. Defeat at Huddersfield is a bit like a trip to the clap clinic.

“Admit it fellas, you have an acceptance it’s gonna happen at some stage in life, but three times in one season? Come on.”

Indeed, come on the Terriers, make it a miserable three-in-a-row for Jim.

*puts face in hands*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is bloody hilarious!!
  • Options

I genuinely don't know what to say....

Solly?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Dopey northern plonkers
  • Options
    Got to be your finest hour!
  • Options
    Anyone who was at the BTTV21 will remember all the "short person" stick Keith Peacock got from JD.

I can guess who's getting it this year : - )
  • Options
    AFKA you legend!
  • Options
    Anyone have a life sized cardboard cut out of Jim that I could take with me tomorrow ?

That'd confuse them !
  • Options
    Brilliant. Who needs Christopher Morris when we have our very own spoof-meister? Great stuff, AFKA.
  • Options
    That is AMAZING
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mate next time put a footer on it "for Northern MEDIA Monkeys this is a spoof"
  • Options
    You couldn't make it up - absolutely brilliant.

I'd love to know what the real Jim will make of this when he gets out of the house.
  • Options
    Sorry to spoil the party, but back on topic ...... I read that Huddersfield was gridlocked yesterday after snow.

Might be best to keep an eye on the weather up there.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sorry to spoil the party, but back on topic ...... I read that Huddersfield was gridlocked yesterday after snow.

Might be best to keep an eye on the weather up there.

Had me checking BBC Weather, Oggy, you rascal !!!

DOH !

• Options
    The snow is reported by the Huddersfield Daily Examiner - so it must be true.
  • Options
    It's the last we'll see of AFKA. He will have his own TV show soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Either that or banged up for fraud/deception.
  • Options

You couldn't make it up

Turns out you can.
  • Options

Either that or banged up for fraud/deception.
    He'll get 'nick nicked'

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Hope that AFKA's fame means that we need to change the layout of our previews?! Hahahaha!