Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton - FA Cup Preview (from guest author Jim Davidson, Live from the BB House)

Comments

• Options
    there's probably an app that only they can download, then they feed in what they want to say and it turns it into cliches - know what I mean?
  • Options
    Got 0-0 all over it.
  • Options

An exiting exciting, roller-coaster cup run like this against some of the top glamour teams in the land should not be an excuse for for blatant and unprovoked racism, sexism and mysogyny.

I am so excited about this I may have to dig out my old Jim Davidson DVD box set.
  • Options
    Love to see us progress to the fifth round and draw a Big'un, but, Huddersfield are a better team and a draw would be a great result. Five Mothers-in-Law.........'kinell.
  • Options

there's probably an app that only they can download, then they feed in what they want to say and it turns it into cliches - know what I mean?

what you mean ClaptrAPP

• Options
    edited January 2014
    On the basis that the Cup is normally used by SCP to play his second Keeper,assuming Hamer is still injured ,I would give Thuram another game but definitely bring Alnwick back for Donny and Wigan as our number one.

I would play Astrit because he is left footed and it gives us the chance to rotate Jacko who I cannot see playing four full games in ten days.For the same reason I would also rest Kermorgant because I'd like him fit and raring to go at Donny.

I'd like to see Harry Lennon start ,so I would bench Morrison and leave Wood behind so that Morgan Fox could be on the bench alongside Diego Poyet,although Morro and Wood would be my first choices against Donny. I was actually disappointed that SCP didn't try a few more youngsters against Oxford because L2 would be the level that we would want to loan them to.I guess we will know a little more about which U21's might play when we see the side Jason Euell will put out against Millwall tomorrow.

My team :

Thuram
    Wilson Dervite Lennon Evina
    Green Cousins Stephens Astrit
    Church Sordell

Subs: Alnwick,Fox,Morrison,JJ ,Kerm,Poyet,Harriott
  • Options
    I fancy we might be in the draw for the next round, wouldn't it be nice to make one of the fancy Dans from the Premiership come and play on our mudpatch.
  • Options

It's probably a course of two halves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:

On the basis that the Cup is normally used by SCP to play his second Keeper,assuming Hamer is still injured ,I would give Thuram another game but definitely bring Alnwick back for Donny and Wigan as our number one.

I would play Astrit because he is left footed and it gives us the chance to rotate Jacko who I cannot see playing four full games in ten days.For the same reason I would also rest Kermorgant because I'd like him fit and raring to go at Donny.

I'd like to see Harry Lennon start ,so I would bench Morrison and leave Wood behind so that Morgan Fox could be on the bench alongside Diego Poyet,although Morro and Wood would be my first choices against Donny. I was actually disappointed that SCP didn't try a few more youngsters against Oxford because L2 would be the level that we would want to loan them to.I guess we will know a little more about which U21's might play when we see the side Jason Euell will put out against Millwall tomorrow.

My team :

Thuram
    Church Sordell

Except neither of the Liege players are eligible.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Richard J said:

My team :

Thuram
    Church Sordell

For this round, they are.
  • Options
    perhaps he could use the round to see what quality his new recruits so far can offer at this level

whats the deadline for signing someone for this match?
  • Options
    razil said:

perhaps he could use the round to see what quality his new recruits so far can offer at this level

whats the deadline for signing someone for this match?

Midday tomorrow I think.
  • Options
    Nice spoof.
    Given that the BB house has no contact with the outside world, Jim would be oblivious to the fact that we beat Oxford in the replay, or even that it went to a replay in the first place.
  • Options
    We'll lose 2-0 and then see them for the Third Round in both cups next year.
  • Options

For this round, they are.
    You're right! Forgot it was a new round. Just not used to going beyond Round 3!
  • Options
    on second thoughts we scrape a draw and bring Hudders back to The Valley
    we all sit with anticipation for the 5th round draw that pairs us with Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal away.... a monster payday and big day out awaits

need i tell you what the result in the replay would be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    clearly he wrote it preemptively, he knew the 4th round draw too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nice spoof.
    Given that the BB house has no contact with the outside world, Jim would be oblivious to the fact that we beat Oxford in the replay, or even that it went to a replay in the first place.

unfortunately that doesn't seem to be as obvious as i thought it would be...

I can't quite believe people think he actually wrote that.

Good work.
  • Options

Nice spoof.

I can't quite believe people think he actually wrote that.

Good work.

of course he wrote it 8)

• Options
    AFKA = Too much time on his hands!
  • Options
    Are Huddersfield still on that unbeaten run?

If they are....2-0 home win. If they aren't....2-0 home win.
  • Options
    Great piece AFKA.

Would love to see us pinch a draw and get a plum fifth round tie out of the hat on Sunday.

Reckon that would mean a decent crowd for a winnable replay.
  • Options

Nice spoof.

Never underestimate your ability to spoof people :- )

Or maybe Jim's act is so easy to parody.

2 - 1 to the Addicks.

Alnwick

Wilson Morrison Wood Evina
    Harriot Cousins Stephens Astrit
    Kermorgant Church
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    £90,000 for the fourth round winners
  • Options
    Due a mini run, possibly after a replay 0-1.
  • Options
    Decent incentive to win here, come on lads going for 2-1 Cousins and Kermo.