Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford 0 - 3 (Three) Charlton - Post Match Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    My cheer up stick notched up four points last night, but hearing the news about Yann means I now need a cheer up stick that goes down to -100. Well played the lads though.
  • Options
    Did we win then?
  • Options
    rananegra said:

BBC continues to have crap coverage. Their report talks about "Church was involved again when the hosts soon doubled their lead, as he squared for Green to tap in from three yards. "

Indeed, we were described as League One this morning.

Oh well a good win which can only help confidence after the poor performance of the home match.
  • Options
    Postives... we won. 3 well worked goals, particularly Yanns FK. Diego debut, looked quite composed with the relative little he had to do. JJ, Yann, Churchy, Wilson, Stevens, Morro & Green looked up for it. Good support.

Negatives.. we gave the ball away numerous times, we beat a very poor team who only troubled Alnwick once. Harriott and Pritchard looked particularly bad.
  • Options
    A morale booster albeit against an out of form 2nd division outfit
    Now on to 3 important games in the north: a win or replay and four points are required

Last night: Surprised he's still around but good to read that Sordell was given a run out .. will he 'come good' ? .. let's hope so
    Green in some kind of form and Evina back in the groove as cover for Wiggins. Poyet given a go, let's hope that he really is one for the future
    Powell still seems to be unsure who is the preferred partner for Morrison .. Dervite or Wood
    Jackson lasting the 90 .. let's hope he's back to really full fitness
    One of the regular keepers is fully fit and back in the side
    Powell's positive post match comments .. good to see that at last the penny has dropped and that he realises the importance of success in the cup(s)

All in all a good night
  • Options
    Pretend you are Yann for a moment and think what you would do.

You are a family man of nearly 33 who has performed well for his employer over the last two years. Yet that employer appears unwilling to offer a new contract. How valued would you feel?

It would be tempting to succumb to the promptings of Jock Mc Bastard as a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Given the way he has been treated by the Club I wouldn't blame Yann for going.

"Monsieur Le Gaffer, J'ai une femme et petit garcon et J'ai trente trois ans. Aidez moi avec un contract s'il vous plait"

I haven't studied French for over 40 years but hopefully you get the gist!

• Options
    A similar game to the first tie.

We started off very poor & both teams looked non-league standard imo.

In particular Harriot & Evina were absolutely shocking & honestly passed to Oxford more often than Charlton. I can't understand, how they can be THAT poor, even bearing in mind their lack of game time.

Anyway, a game that was going nowhere for 30 mins, suddenly sprung to life, with 2 good Charlton goals close together. Both set up by Church & scored by Kermorgant & Green. Game over.

The 2nd half, again, started poor again.

However, Kermy, scored a wonderful free kick to make it 0-3 & we enjoyed the rest of the game.

Plenty of old Charlton songs, so much more enjoyable, than the usual songs.

Excellent day out. Got into Oxford town centre by 3pm and just got onto the M25 on the way home before they closed it.

• Options
    Good performance in what was a potential banana skin. Decent performances all round really except possibly Stephens who had a bit of an off night.

Oxford started the brighter and won a flurry of corners early on. Harriott was having no luck getting past his man so Chris switched him to the right with Green moving out left. This seemed to pick us up and not long after we had the first goal and very quickly the second.

Oxford I thought would give it a go but they posed no threat and it was all over after Yann's great free kick.

A good turnout by Addicks fans who aired the Wilson song again and a new one:- 'We're on the pitch if Pritchard scores'.

So on we go to Huddersfield - again...............
  • Options

Got into Oxford town centre by 3pm

Plenty of old Charlton songs,

I suspect there may have been a correlation there !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    Strange having highlights without commentary.

Also given the low marks Harriot has got on the other thread from some he put in the cross for the early Church chance and hooked the ball forward for the Green goal.

• Options
    blimey - less atmosphere there than for a reserve game. I don't think Oxford done themselves any favours with the ticket prices.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

You are a family man of nearly 33 who has performed well for his employer over the last two years. Yet that employer appears unwilling to offer a new contract. How valued would you feel?

It would be tempting to succumb to the promptings of Jock Mc Bastard as a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

"Monsieur Le Gaffer, J'ai une femme et petit garcon et J'ai trente trois ans. Aidez moi avec un contract s'il vous plait"

Or you and your family are settled in London, plenty of flights or the Eurostar back to France, half a million other French people in town, would you want to drag your family all the way up to Scotland?
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Or you and your family are settled in London, plenty of flights or the Eurostar back to France, half a million other French people in town, would you want to drag your family all the way up to Scotland?
    ........to sit on the bench ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Addickted said:

Can confirm Neil Lennon was there with a minder! They both left after Kermorgant went off.

Dean Kiely also there on behalf of WBA.

Looks like our talisman may be in his way, by his response as he came off after the post match celebrations.

What was his response when he came off, did he applaude the supporters or tearfully wave goodbye ?
  • Options
    Not many in numbers but the away support was brilliant last night, old chants flying about and a bit of banter with the Laurie Wilson song in which he chuckled at and gave a thumbs up.
    Also got the Que Cera Cera going as soon as the first goal went in! Ticked off a new ground and see us win comfortably, what more could you ask for?
  • Options

LenGlover said:

d'argent mon garcon, d'argent.
  • Options
    Well done lads, especially to SC for the 2 assists.

That French bloke is different gravy !
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

d'argent mon garcon, d'argent.
    ;-) well money isn't everything but if he waited until the end of the season I imagine he might have a few more opportunities ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well done lads, especially to SC for the 2 assists.

That French bloke is different gravy !

Would that be onion gravy?
  • Options
    One of the things that upset me most about the Oxford game at the Valley was that they were obviously not very good. In that first half they needed us to gift them two goals to get them and that is exactly what we did - our performance in that half was totally unacceptable! 3-0 was the minimum I expected so see in the replay it as the players putting right the previous debacle rather than a result to praise.