Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford 0 - 3 (Three) Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Cup Run Continues and some much needed cash for getting through to the next round
  • Options
    I have a funny feeling we will see off Huddersfield - it would be so typically Charlton.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oakster said:

I have a funny feeling we will see off Huddersfield - it would be so typically Charlton.

As they've dumped out of the last two cup competitions, I would hope it's third time luck.
  • Options
    I fancy us to get a replay on Saturday. Huddersfield are a decent mid-table side but I don't see them beating us three times on the bounce.

All good tonight: a confidence boosting win, £65,000 in the bank, a few bob from next Saturday, the chance of advancement to the last 16, Poyet's debut (against the same team as Cousins) and Sordell reporting fit for action.

It could be worse.
  • Options
    Thought Sordell looked like he'd taken over my chocolate eating duties , he looked massive !
  • Options
    How much would we get if we get if we beat huddersfield?
  • Options
    Can confirm Neil Lennon was there with a minder! They both left after Kermorgant went off.

Dean Kiely also there on behalf of WBA.

Looks like our talisman may be in his way, by his response as he came off after the post match celebrations.
  • Options
    Oh yes - and nine sets of roadworks between Oxford and the M26 - including no advanced warning of the M25 junction being closed.
  • Options
    I can see us doing what that one team always does each season... A cup run followed by a relegation.
  • Options

How much would we get if we get if we beat huddersfield?

£90,000 according to: http://www.thefa.com//news/the-fa-cup/2014/jan/oxford-fa-cup-reaction?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Oxford got what they deserved after charging Addicks twice what Oxes (I assume that's they call their supporters) paid to come to the hallowed turf,

+
    What Turf?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I can see us doing what that one team always does each season... A cup run followed by a relegation.

Not if we play like that up there.

• Options
    Addickted said:

Can confirm Neil Lennon was there with a minder! They both left after Kermorgant went off.

Looks like our talisman may be in his way, by his response as he came off after the post match celebrations.

Really hope not, Addickted. We need a striking partner for Yann NOT the departure of The Beast but what do I know ..Contract chat tomorrow please, Ms Sporting Director !

A really poor start tonight - misplaced passes galore & no cohesion although the windy conditions may have been a factor. Fortunately, Oxford didn't take advantage and slowly we came into our own. Started to play to feet , find some space & bring the ball down early ...the rest is history and 2 well taken goals knocked the stuffing out of the home side. Yann's free kick was perfection , whilst Churchy did really well to set up one for Greenie. Surely we couldn't c*ck this up now ???

Second half started a bit like the first but we settled down fairly quickly after a few comedy moments and Oxford barely had a look in. In fact I believe they may have only had 1 shot on target which was well taken by Ben A - it was cheered resoundingly by the home fans behind his goal. A 3rd was on the cards, and maybe even a 4th & it's great to be able to say for once that we were worthy winners.

Defence was sound throughout although Ceddy needs more game time ( which he'll invariably get now), JJ had a very decent, solid 90 minutes which is a great sign, Greenie won me over tonight showing more signs of using his brain & hence improving on his Boro performance & Stephens had one of his better games in the middle. Good to see the debut of young Diego too and a fit Marvin was a bonus....I wouldn't write him off.

However, tonight's rumour was that Chris Solly may need a further operation on his knee and the auspices are not good. With Wiggy also missing for the next 2 games, Lawrie & Ceddy will need to stay injury free & batten down the hatches at the back for the time being. The confidence gained tonight by all concerned will be a huge boost as we travel north again on Saturday - surely it will be 3rd time lucky for both the players & the faithful ?

Let's hope that all our players are still in situ by the time we take the road to Doncaster when the gaffer will also have our SL additions to consider for selection. This is the BIG one and it would be great to have a decent turn out to cheer on the lads. Fingers crossed that the weather stays relatively mild for the time of year as the last thing we need is another postponement.

Time to get some beauty sleep ( yeah, I know!) and gird my substantial loins in readiness for Gritty & Browny tomorrow night.

Would be great to see you there....

• Options

Addickted said:

Really hope not, Addickted. We need a striking partner for Yann NOT the departure of The Beast but what do I know ..Contract chat tomorrow please, Ms Sporting Director !

Yann and Prothero were in Contract talks last week - which continued after the game last Tuesday.

Was hoping it would have been tied up by now - but Lennon travelling to Oxford midweek is a statement of intent to me.

• Options
    We shall get to wembley.

Keep the faith trev!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Yann and Prothero were in Contract talks last week - which continued after the game last Tuesday.

Was hoping it would have been tied up by now - but Lennon travelling to Oxford midweek is a statement of intent to me.

I thought Prothero had gone.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Yeah. Even if him and Slater are hanging around tying up a few legal loose ends, why the hell would we be entrusting critical contract negotiations to him? Surely that's what Katrien (sp?) is here for?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Addickted said:

So did I. I thought only Slater was still there last week to tie up legal transition of sale.

• Options
    Clearly not true???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was at the game and for the 1st 30 minutes I could not see a goal coming and thought we were in for extra time, but some great play from church it swung the game in our favour, was over by half time and yanns goal was the icing on the cake. Great to hear 'one goal went past perry'. Wembley here we come!
  • Options
    Powells talk after sounds like someone stating that he wants to keep yann
  • Options
    Best, and shortest, post match thread in ages.

Well done to CP and the boys.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Addickted said:

So did I. I thought only Slater was still there last week to tie up legal transition of sale.

Maybe he's gone full time :-)
  • Options

Sadly no matter how much he does, we won't be able to compete with the wages Yann would get at Celtic
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Stig said:

Best, and shortest, post match thread in ages.

Well done to CP and the boys.

Match thread always much shorter when we win as the moaners have to try really hard to find something to moan about ;- )

Good win, clean sheet, rested some players and blooded a youngster, no suspensions or it appears injuries and a little bit more money in the coffers. On to Huddersfield where all the new players will be available.

Prothero has stepped down from the board but as I said in the Chine Syndrome article it seems he hasn't left. Yet.

The bizarre lack of communication continues.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Sadly no matter how much he does, we won't be able to compete with the wages Yann would get at Celtic
    Maybe not but he has already turned them down once remember and has said he enjoys life down here. If he goes, we're relegated. There is no other player, bar Jackson, that leads the team like him. Our key player and I'd be gutted if he left.
  • Options
    Yanns freekick above
  • Options
    Not an auspicious start by our boys in difficult blustery, rainy conditions in a three sided stadium. Not dissimilar to the first half in the first game for first 30 mins. When Green and Harriott switched wings it seemed to give a better balance and after good hold up play by church in their box he played in Yann who drilled a low powerful shot to the keepers right hand who couldn't get enough on it to prevent it bouncing up into the roof of the net. Soon after Church made one of his runs onto a long through ball with defender in tow but instead of trying to score looked up and squared to Green to tap in. Confidence was now running through the team and everyone wanted the ball.

After the break Oxford gave it a go but we weathered what little threat they posed and soon went three up. Yann won himself a free kick 25 yards out took it and buried it as per normal. Game over subs were made to rest some tired legs meaning Sordell and Poyet getting a taste of the action. Wemberley, Wemberley we're the famous CAFC and we came past Wemberley :0) Bring on the Udders COYR.