Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Serie A

Comments

• Tough run in for Inter. They will face Roma, Fiorentina, Genoa, Napoli and Atalanta in their last 5 games
  • Atalanta play Serie A ‘home’ games in Parma. San Siro for Champions League. 
  • Oh shit I’m in Rome on September 1st it’s my missus birthday 😂
  • Oh shit I’m in Rome on September 1st it’s my missus birthday 😂
    Be rude not to wouldn’t it ? 👀
  • Week 2:
    Rome derby and Juventus vs Napoli  :open_mouth:
    Hope they smash Juve but that Juve squad looks strong again. Thanks Steve, always appreciate your updates and insight
  • Tough run in for Inter. They will face Roma, Fiorentina, Genoa, Napoli and Atalanta in their last 5 games
    Done on purpose?

The hold on the league is weakening and they often rely on the odd favour here and there. Look at the inter game at the end of the 17/18 season when napoli could have won the league. Ref orchestrated the result.
  • dizzee said:
    Tough run in for Inter. They will face Roma, Fiorentina, Genoa, Napoli and Atalanta in their last 5 games
    Done on purpose?

The hold on the league is weakening and they often rely on the odd favour here and there. Look at the inter game at the end of the 17/18 season when napoli could have won the league. Ref orchestrated the result.
    Will be really interesting as Conte is notorious for having a brilliant first season but he’s using every press conference to openly slag off the clubs transfer business. If they are in with a shout going in to those last 4/5 games they will all be massive. All eyes on them.

re fixtures, Lecce back in the top flight...they face all of last seasons top 6 in the first 10 games this year.
  • Looks like Nainggolan will be going on loan to his old club, Cagliari.

Inter have been trying to sell him but have been unable to. There is also a compassion side to it, Radjas wife Claudia (from Sardinia) has been diagnosed with cancer and is due to start treatment. Nainggolan was keen for him and his wife to be close to family.
  • Come on Fiorentina, inter and Napoli this weekend!  
  • @dizzee
    i made a new thread for this season as all the other leagues had new threads

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86608/2019-20-serie-a#latest
  • Sponsored links:

• American investment group RedBird Capital have reached an agreement to buy AC Milan from Elliott Advisors.

The deal values AC Milan, who were crowned champions for the first time in 11 years at the end of last month, at 1.2bn euros (£1bn).

RedBird own a stake in Fenway Sports Group, the owners of Liverpool and baseball team the Boston Red Sox.

Elliott, who took over the club from businessman Li Yonghong, will retain a minority stake and seats on the board.

Milan say the transition to new ownership will take place over the summer and that the deal will be completed no later than September.

Shows you how big the Premier league is nowadays when you look at their price compared to what Chelsea just went for.

• American investment group RedBird Capital have reached an agreement to buy AC Milan from Elliott Advisors.

The deal values AC Milan, who were crowned champions for the first time in 11 years at the end of last month, at 1.2bn euros (£1bn).

RedBird own a stake in Fenway Sports Group, the owners of Liverpool and baseball team the Boston Red Sox.

Elliott, who took over the club from businessman Li Yonghong, will retain a minority stake and seats on the board.

Milan say the transition to new ownership will take place over the summer and that the deal will be completed no later than September.

Shows you how big the Premier league is nowadays when you look at their price compared to what Chelsea just went for.

Will that be allowed? They'll now own Milan and a stake in Liverpool?

Technically they own a stake in FSG, not actually Liverpool so i'm sure it will be ok.

But if Red Bull can own Leipzig and Salzburg then i doubt UEFA would do much.
  • edited June 2022

American investment group RedBird Capital have reached an agreement to buy AC Milan from Elliott Advisors.

Technically they own a stake in FSG, not actually Liverpool so i'm sure it will be ok.

But if Red Bull can own Leipzig and Salzburg then i doubt UEFA would do much.
    Yeah fair point on Red Bull, I just remembered when they played each other a few years ago and proved they were two seperate entities. Which no doubt FSG could do comfortably. Although RedBird do definitely own a stake in Liverpool due to their stake in FSG, I doubt they have much to do with the running of the club. 

IMO I still don't think it should be allowed, could be a bit dodgy if we had a Champions League final between Pool and AC. Could also see some dodgy transfer dealings for FFP etc. 
  • Happens a lot though now, like look at City Group who own a few clubs across the world, Pozzo owning Granada, Udinese and Watford at one point, and hell not just in football, didn't Toto Wolff, the Team Boss at Mercedes have shares in both Aston Martin and Williams at one point?
  • sam3110 said:
    Happens a lot though now, like look at City Group who own a few clubs across the world, Pozzo owning Granada, Udinese and Watford at one point, and hell not just in football, didn't Toto Wolff, the Team Boss at Mercedes have shares in both Aston Martin and Williams at one point?
    Yeah very true. I don't think it should be allowed when teams can play each other though. You couldn't own a stake in both Liverpool and Newcastle for example. 
  • Well, can someone take apart the last 30 seconds of that Juventus game.

WOW

• Absolutely love Serie A 
  • VAR doesn’t just have its problems in the Premier League.

Milik’s winner for Juventus last night was ruled out for offside.

fair enough….

Except the VAR officials didn’t check the other angle.
    (the side where the corner came from)

• Sponsored links:

• That is atrocious. 
  • Anyone who likes football has to watch Italian football. The league serves up something every week. Lazio 3-1 down at home after keeping 6 clean sheets. Fights, goals, VAR it’s the nuts.
  • Ademola Lookman loving life at Atalanta. 4 goals in his last 5 games. 
  • Lazio have been ordered to close part of their stadium for their next match after their fans directed racist abuse at two Lecce players on Wednesday.

The Curva Nord section of Stadio Olimpico in Rome will close for Sunday's Serie A game against Empoli.

Defender Samuel Umtiti and winger Lameck Banda were subjected to racist chants from Lazio supporters during Wednesday's game, which Lecce won 2-1.

Lazio condemned the chants as "despicable and shameful".

"Lazio fans are not racist and cannot be associated with a few individuals who seriously harm the club's image," the club said in a statement.

"Lazio has always opposed all forms of racism and discrimination with all the means available. The club will, as always, offer the maximum collaboration to the authorities to identify those responsible."

The match at Via del Mare stadium in Lecce was delayed while an announcement calling for the chants to be stopped was made.

France defender Umtiti's name was chanted by home fans in an attempt to drown out the abuse.

"Racist insults were drowned out by choruses of encouragement towards our champion," Lecce said in a statement.

Mad how this is still happening in 2023. And what kind of punishment is closing part of the stadium for a team who don't get anywhere close to selling out games?

Should be closing the whole stadium and docking points. 

• Two very late Roma goals gain a point away at AC Milan, Tammy Abraham getting the equaliser. Roma were dog shit for 87 minutes. Love Italian football.
  • Napoli winning it would be a turnup, 32 years since the last.

• edited January 2023
    Juventus have been deducted 15 points taking them from 3rd to 10th

• It came following an investigation into the clubs transfer dealings and apparent use of falsified capital gains
  • Same old, writing was on the wall when the board resigned. It was just a case of how many points would be taken off.

They will never learn.

Now 12 points off the top 6 who have seperated themselves from the rest of the pack.
  • Ossiman for Napoli is some player. Just got 14th league goal of the season.

Napoli could cause problems in the champions league.