Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Schumacher

WSSWSS
edited December 2013 in Not Sports Related
Not looking great, in a coma after a skiing accident.

Hope he pulls through. A sporting great.

Comments

• According to BBC he was wearing a helmet and is conscious. Think he'll be fine.
  • Heard this on way to the game, when they said it was serious but not life threatening. Hope he pulls through.
  • Critical condition according to sky news .
  • Original news said he was conscious but seems hes now in a critical condition. Don't know anything about medicine or the human body but to go into a critical condition at this later stage sets alarm bells ringing. Fingers crossed he is okay.
  • According to BBC he was wearing a helmet and is conscious. Think he'll be fine.

No,he is in a coma.
  • Some conflicting stories throughout the day. Think this might be a lot more serious than first reports
  • I hope he pulls through good luck michael
  • Apparently he has taken a turn in the last hour or so, hope he pulls through.. a true sporting legend.
  • Get well soon MS pal!
  • Sponsored links:

• Only his management are releasing statements. 20 min ago they said that his situation is critical and in an induced coma. He has had surgery to reduce swelling of his brain.
  • Found it odd listening to R4 (apart from the fact that they don't normally cover much sport). They said he was ok, but why then was it so prominent on the news and why did they report a top neurosurgeon had flown in from France.

Hope he's OK, but suspect he's a man who will always be at risk because of his thrill seeking nature.

I heard that earlier but seems to have deteriorated drastically this evening.
  • Not looking good - hope he recovers.
  • Swisdom said:

According to BBC he was wearing a helmet and is conscious. Think he'll be fine.

I heard that earlier but seems to have deteriorated drastically this evening.
    His management team have said he has had brain surgery his in a coma and in critical condition
    Unfortunately it is looking very bad for him
    #PrayForSchumacher
  • Good luck schuey.

Hoping we don't wake up to some bad news in the morning.
  • A genuine sporting great, everything crossed that he pulls through.
  • They have put him in a coma which is what they sometimes do with head injuries. Hope he makes a fully recovery.
  • My all time sporting hero, really hope he gets through it, a remarkable man and a remarkable athlete, the first formula 1 driver to train 12 months a year on his physical strength and stamina.

Like I said on the celebs you've met thread, met him once and had the honour of shaking his hand and telling him what a fantastic driver he was, and he smiled and thanked me, and complimented my Schumi/Ferrari hat
  • edited December 2013
    Jesus, how must his wife feel? Watched him risk it all week after week for all those years and then this happens on holiday.

Hope he pulls through but doesn't look good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whilst skiing with his 14 year old boy what a tragedy
  • I'm not often soft when it comes to stuff like this, and I'm not a particular racing fan but the man is a complete iconic legend. I really hope he makes a full recovery.
  • Oh my god, hope he pulls through. Titan of a sporting great of our time.
  • Horrible news, really hope and pray he comes through it, the news coming out doesn't sound good at the moment.
  • Nightmare , mates out there skiing in Meribel where it happened and heard the helicopter coming in ....Schumacher has a ski chalet out there

Fingers crossed for him
  • That's really worrying. Head injuries are always a massive concern, but modern medicine is brilliant, when you think about the Massa accident, or even the Richard Hammond crash.
  • The one good thing is, he is very fit and this will help him in his recovery.
    God bless.
  • Fingers crossed he's ok and gets well soon.
  • Being put in an induced coma is commonplace where head injuries are concerned if there is substantial bleeding internally. Relieving pressure on the brain is of paramount importance, and with modern techniques, it's almost routine nowadays. With the medical care he'll be getting, they will have been monitoring him closely over the past few hours and may well have decided to do this as a precaution.
  • Jeez. He'll be getting the very best medical care there is. Hope it can bring a positive outcome for what is a sporting great