Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wind Damage - new back door frame required

Nightmare......the wooden back door on our side entrance porch got caught by the wind this evening. Has been ripped out of the frame.

It is a single door, standard size. The door is fine. The frame is trashed. Thankfully it is only a door to a small porch.

Anyway, anyone know how much a new wooden frame supply and fit should cost? Better still someone who can be recommended to do the job?

Cheers.

Comments

• Smashed her back doors in......

Where are you ?

• Sorry to hear mate, laying here listening to what sounds like my house being smashed to pieces.
  • Sorry to hear mate, laying here listening to what sounds like my house being smashed to pieces.
  • What still?
  • Lost another couple of fence panels tonight, done a little bit of running repairs but all 40 will need replacing now after the October storm damage too.
  • Something has happened on my roof. Leaks by the bedroom window and a sodden beam in the loft.

See ya Crimbo bonus.
  • My back door I leaking Through the middle section and at times I can feel the strong gusts lying here in bed!
  • Sorry to hear mate, can't sleep, listening to about a dozen different drips and just praying they are all outside.

On the plus side, at least you had a Xmas bonus :-)
  • Single glazing wooden framed Windows all round, all curtains and blinds billowing, wind whistling through all the cracks, absolutely mental
  • Cat flap going mental. Looks like couple panels gone at end of garden.

What's a Christmas bonus?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nasty old night. Expect disruption this morning.
  • Lost some tiles yet to investigate fence panels
  • The east facing wall on the main driveway has blown down
  • Both of my fences are down in back garden!
  • Had water almost pouring through the letter box, had towels down before bed. Got up at 4am due to noise of the wind & rain & they were sodden so changed them. Luckily seems like worst has passed now.

Good luck getting damage fixed everyone. More to come on Friday!
  • Luckily, we seem to have escaped any damage. Garage has let some water in, next doors fence is down but ours is ok.
  • Garage has about 2 inches of water on the floor as well. Ho ho ho......
  • Side entrance porch Clem? Sounds like a manor house and a good gig for anyone fancying double time over Xmas. Won't know if my property is still standing until the weekend :-0 in all seriousness hope you get it sorted at mates rates.
  • Sorry to hear mate, can't sleep, listening to about a dozen different drips and just praying they are all outside.

Poor carol singers, where's your Christmas spirit? Invite them all in for a mulled wine and a mince pie.
  • Fence panels and post broken here. Running repairs until the weekend. Sod it. It's Christmas. Worse things happen at sea. Will sort it out at the weekend when the next blast has passed through.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Sorry to hear mate, can't sleep, listening to about a dozen different drips and just praying they are all outside.

Poor carol singers, where's your Christmas spirit? Invite them all in for a mulled wine and a mince pie.
    Brilliant :-)

Here 3 fence panels gone further 2 damaged and a missing tea towel. Was a touch blowy last night.

• PL54 said:

Smashed her back doors in......

Where are you ?

Halfway St in Sidcup.

• The epicentre of the storm was Sidcup for about 6 hours last night. Was dreading looking out this morning and fortunately no damage, just everything in the garden blown over
  • Great timing for our loft conversion seems intact but adds to storm experience
  • WSSWSS
    edited December 2013
    Luckily got a guy coming this afternoon to look initially. Stuffed towels around the beams in the loft - hopefully minimum rain today and tomorrow before getting sorted on Boxing Day. This is what kept me awake last night...

http://moby.to/ppplqq
  • 3blokes said:

RedChaser said:

Sorry to hear mate, can't sleep, listening to about a dozen different drips and just praying they are all outside.

Here 3 fence panels gone further 2 damaged and a missing tea towel. Was a touch blowy last night.

Have you checked the tea towel holder?
  • What a horrible night! Couldn't sleep as a tile had moved on the roof and we could hear it sliding about. The garden is a mess, all the fence panels are completely wrecked, the shed roof felt blew off and the shed window blew in. We do have power though, so we're better off than some.
  • We had 47mm of rain and maximum gusts of 77.2kmh (48mph). There is a tree blocking the Swanley to Hextable road in case you are in a hurry to get to ASDA or Bluewater!
  • 3blokes said:

RedChaser said:

Have you checked the tea towel holder?
    :-)

The tea towel was wedged in the letter box to stop it banging. No sign of the tea towel this morning. Some lucky bastard has probably picked that up already ;-)
  • Part of roof is in the garden, the wife always wanted a rockery!