Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV Film watch

Comments

• Options
    The girl with the dragon tattoo is an excellent film as is the whole trilogy of girl films.
  • Options
    I don't think much of your Film watch guide.........You've missed out The Guns of Naverone from tonight's viewing (BBC2 - 5pm) - another classic. That and Stars Was 1 (as I call episode 4 - it was the first film released for gawds sake !) will do me this evening.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I don't think much of your Film watch guide.........You've missed out The Guns of Naverone from tonight's viewing (BBC2 - 5pm) - another classic. That and Stars Was 1 (as I call episode 4 - it was the first film released for gawds sake !) will do me this evening.

And I don't think much of your reading ability - look above at today's pics. ;)
  • Options
    my post is meant to read that you've missed GofN, not Star Wars........hence the fullstop after the first sentence.
  • Options
    Never seen Guns of Navarone so I can't really recommend it. I will try to watch it at some stage.
  • Options
    Superbad at 11:05 apparently, just so people don't miss the start! Bit late notice mind...
  • Options
    Sunday the 29th of December

6.30pm ITV2 THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (1980)

9.00pm 5 Star ERIN BROCKOVICH (2000)

9.00pm ITV4 MANUNTER (1986) (recommended film of the day)

9.00pm ITV2 SHAUN OF THE DEAD (2004)

• Options
    Manhunter one of my favourite films of all time and a damn fine soundtrack to go with it.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Manhunter one of my favourite films of all time and a damn fine soundtrack to go with it.

I was great friends at school with a guy from Shreikback - They did "the big hush" which is when the girl meets the tiger.

• Options
    30th of December

3.45pm More4 BREWSTERS MILLIONS (1985) (recommended film of the day )

5.50pm ITV2 RETURN OF THE JEDI (1983)

9.00pm Film Four THE MECHANIC (2011)

10.45pm ITV THE GAME (1997)

01.05am Film Four WILD AT HEART (1990)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what about Ice Station Zebra, currently on BBC. I don't think much of your Film Watch.........
  • Options

what about Ice Station Zebra, currently on BBC. I don't think much of your Film Watch.........

As I have said before . I can't recommend a film I haven't seen before . If your not happy Perhaps next Christmas you can do one for the older viewer . It doesn't pay well though .
  • Options

As I have said before . I can't recommend a film I haven't seen before . If your not happy Perhaps next Christmas you can do one for the older viewer . It doesn't pay well though .
    I suggest that before you start recommending films that are being shown on TV over xmas (which usually include a number of classic / well known ones along with recent releases) that you at least have a modicum of knowledge about films in general. I have never seen Gone with the Wind all the way through but I at least know that it is a classic & something that should be watched if given the chance.
  • Options
    Are you for real ?

I suggest that before you start recommending films that are being shown on TV over xmas (which usually include a number of classic / well known ones along with recent releases) that you at least have a modicum of knowledge about films in general. I have never seen Gone with the Wind all the way through but I at least know that it is a classic & something that should be watched if given the chance.
  • Options
    yes, sure am.

to me its a bit pointless to start a thread about film recommendations if you only know about films from the past 20 years, especially when over xmas many decent film over the last 40 or 50 years will be shown. Its akin to saying that just because you haven't seen George Best play then he wouldn't be in your top 10 footballers of all time.
  • Options
    Well let's hope you know more about films than football.
  • Options
    A Big Country was on this afternoon, now that is a classic.
  • Options
    Is it not a bit pointless to read and moan on a thread which isnt up to your superior film knowledge ? Maybe you could start your own to educate the rest of us ?

yes, sure am.

to me its a bit pointless to start a thread about film recommendations if you only know about films from the past 20 years, especially when over xmas many decent film over the last 40 or 50 years will be shown. Its akin to saying that just because you haven't seen George Best play then he wouldn't be in your top 10 footballers of all time.

• Options
    edited December 2013

I have a very good knowledge of movies including classics ( of which "Ice Station Zebra" isnt ). Thanks for the advice anyway . Sadly , because of your constant negativity , your the last person on here that I would take any notice of and I know many lifers feel exactly the same.

I would wish you a happy new year but I don't think for one moment , you will have one.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    shine166 said:

Is it not a bit pointless to read and moan on a thread which isnt up to your superior film knowledge ? Maybe you could start your own to educate the rest of us ?

Golfaddick doesn't work that way because that requires some work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shine166 said:

and of course you know me that well , don't you.

in fact, you don't know me from Adam.
  • Options

shine166 said:

and of course you know me that well , don't you.

in fact, you don't know me from Adam.
    Hallelujah to that. Now go and put a downer on another thread.
  • Options
    Golfie put down the TV remote and brush up on the offside rule!!!
  • Options
    Wasn't on TV but I was round my sisters house yesterday and she was watching the DVD of Love , Honour and Obey. Saw it about 5 years, again on DVD so never seen it on the big screen, but had forgotten what a very enjoyable film it was.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed Shawshank Redemption the other day.
  • Options
    You carry on Beds.

Seriously, why can't people just enjoy a thread where someone has made an effort to help others. I know absolutely nothing about films and like the fact you've made the effort to share a few thoughts.

There is no way we'll all like the same films but it's nice to have the opportunity to watch films on which we can all comment.
  • Options
    Ha, Golfie you crack me up. You do realise this isn't the Radio Times. Crack on Beds, I've enjoyed it, even if it has been a painful reminder that I rarely get a chance to watch films.

This Xmas I've seen a grand total of two, Anchorman and Elf. Hopefully Will Ferrell is for Christmas and Not for Life
  • Options

Well don't fecking read it then you knob
  • Options
    I think golfie is fooking great really fooking great , to take hum bridge with someone's film knowledge on a footie forum is just brilliant
  • Options
    Not a mention of Mary Poppins.

Shameful !