Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

advertisements for watches

Comments

• Options

i only wear a watch if i go out but cant wear a watch playing sport , so if playing darts , snooker , tennis , table tennis anything watch off

i wear my watch on my right hand but most blokes wear on left , is that so they can play with themselves whilst looking at the time

So, are you saying watch-wearers are w*****s ?
    ;-)
    Depends if they are wearing an automatic or not.
  • Options
    Love watches, would be my luxury item spend if I had any money.

When i was about 16, my dad is a cabbie and someone left a TAG in the back of his cab. He handed it in, but no claimee so it come back to him. He offered it to me but i wasn't into wearing watches then so said 'nah'.

Another fine decision...
  • Options
    I have 3 Tag watches and generally like their styling. Their after sales service has really deteriorated in my experience over the last few years however.

I probably would not get another for this reason.

I'd really like an IWC - but my mate has one and has just told me similar stories re their after sales care.
  • Options
    I love watches and for years always wanted an Omega, finally able to afford one a couple of years ago after a decent(ish) bonus and wear it every day.

I'm left handed and wear it on my left wrist.
  • Options

I have 3 Tag watches and generally like their styling. Their after sales service has really deteriorated in my experience over the last few years however.

I probably would not get another for this reason.

I'd really like an IWC - but my mate has one and has just told me similar stories re their after sales care.

I've got a snide Tag, present from my sister in law from a 'looky looky' man in Turkey. Had it about 10 years, needs winding up when I decide to wear it though........mind you I'm not bad at that :0)
  • Options
    I've got what I believe would be called a "vintage" watch, though to me, it's just a watch I've had for the last 40 years! it's an Omega like this one but with a s/s strap.
    ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-MENS-OMEGA-CHRONOSTOP-DRIVER-WATCH-TOTALLY-ORIGINAL-1968-VINTAGE-/121217421132
    It's quite rare because its dial is 90 degrees off upright. I got it because I've got spindly wrists so wear it on the inside rather than outside of my wrist. Amusingly, it's called a "driver's watch" because in this style, you could see the time without taking your hands from the steering wheel! Of course, this is before normal cars were fitted with a clock as standard.
    It's had a new spring and glass but it's otherwise original and still keeps good time.
    I recall it cost about £36 which an on-line calculator tells me is around £370 in today's money. I don't think you'd get even a basic new Omega for around three times that now.

• Options

Me too, although that's mainly because it's much easier to see a watch on my left arm whilst in a classroom, obviously pulling put a phone to check the time is just a non-starter.

• Options

Me too, although that's mainly because it's much easier to see a watch on my left arm whilst in a classroom, obviously pulling put a phone to check the time is just a non-starter.

That's true if you're shagging too.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

That's true if you're shagging too.
    I don't think my boss would approve of shagging in the classroom.
  • Options
    I was given a watch for my birthday, I really liked it. A year later I put it through the wash by accident, it was wrecked. But as it was a gift, I spent 100 quid getting it repaired. A week later, it stopped working. A day after that, it was burgled from my flat. I have mixed feelings about the whole affair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should have my new Garmin Forerunner 620 delivered shortly. Hmm, cant beat a geeky watch :)
  • Options
    Years ago I was chatting up a very 'nice' young lady in a bar in Toronto. We seemed to be getting along quite well. But then .... !!!! She suddenly grabbed my wrist, turned it towards her, said 'Seiko ... huhhh', then stood and hurriedly wiggled away .. hahahahahaha .. VERY strange behaviour .. perhaps if she'd said 'Rolex ... oooh', I'd have wetted more than my whistle that evening
  • Options

Years ago I was chatting up a very 'nice' young lady in a bar in Toronto. We seemed to be getting along quite well. But then .... !!!! She suddenly grabbed my wrist, turned it towards her, said 'Seiko ... huhhh', then stood and hurriedly wiggled away .. hahahahahaha .. VERY strange behaviour .. perhaps if she'd said 'Rolex ... oooh', I'd have wetted more than my whistle that evening

I have a pretty good fake Rolex (gotta love Hong Kong) and it certainly can certainly work some magic here in name brand loving China!
  • Options
    When I have the money I'm buying this

http://us.tagheuer.com/en/luxury-watches/monaco-watch
  • Options
    I wear mine on the inside of the wrist for no other reason than my grandad used to wear it like that and he taught me the time and a love of Charlton Athletic. I think it might be left over from World War II? Not the watch the habit unfortunately...
  • Options
    I wear my watch on my right wrist and I'm right handed, but I've always been an odd sod. Left footer as well!
  • Options
    It is generally worn on the opposite wrist, to that which you write with, purely due to using your 'good' hand to fiddle with the strap.
  • Options

I wear my watch on my right wrist and I'm right handed, but I've always been an odd sod. Left footer as well!

same here
  • Options
    Rothko said:

When I have the money I'm buying this

http://us.tagheuer.com/en/luxury-watches/monaco-watch

I treated myself to that one this year. It is a beauty!
  • Options
    Funnily, I noticed the Dicaprio picture whilst in Bluewater today. My first thought was "How f**king stupid is he that he don't know how to wear it properly".............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have a pretty good fake Rolex (gotta love Hong Kong) and it certainly can certainly work some magic here in name brand loving China!
    lol... the trouble is Stu that the fake Rolex makers cannot duplicate the famous 'hand sweep' .. so a even a good Rolex fake, looked at close up is soon sussed out
  • Options
    I just looked at the Tag prices. Bloody expensive. I treated myself to one in HK in 99 and i was pleased to see when i got home it was about 400 quid more expensive here.

Wouldnt be buying one now, looking at those prices. Mine's still going strong.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I just looked at the Tag prices. Bloody expensive. I treated myself to one in HK in 99 and i was pleased to see when i got home it was about 400 quid more expensive here.

It will cost you 400 quid to get it serviced now if its an automatic
  • Options
    last watched I bought was back in 2003/4.

which by mere coincidence (actually I reckon he was copying my style) dizzee rascal is modelling it here for the artwork of his single 'stand up tall' which came out round the same time..

• Options

Curb_It said:

It will cost you 400 quid to get it serviced now if its an automatic
    Blimey, I will not be getting mine serviced then
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I must admit, I rarely look at watches as I know they're bloody expensive but some of the Tag watches are stunning.
  • Options
    2 tags 1 tissost 1omega love them to death but rarely worn out in public. Would love a phillipe priteke or a longienes but would need a lotto win.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I write a monthly column for a magazine about wristwatches, and I work for an advertising agency so this is very much my field of expertise!

You may be mostly right, but this ad stuck out in my mind for being an exception. Oh, and unintentionally camp.

Heres the topic for your next article then...mention di capro, diaz, beckham, travolts, sopranos and charlton and the piece will go viral...
  • Options
    I have a whole bunch of watches.wife moans as I am up to 10 now plus a Garmin forerunner (which does not really count) l would love the budget to stretch to a Panerai.

Have a few Russian watches which are pretty good timepieces for the money.
  • Options
    Where's Charlton Dan when you need him ?

#oldskool