Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Awful misses

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Luke Varney vs Burnley, Rounded the keeper had an open goal then decided not to shoot till they got a few defenders on the line

God yeah I remember this... think he wanted to stop on the goal line go down on his hands and knees and nod it in with his head the way he kept delaying!!
  • Options
    Anyone saw Jerome Thomas' one-on-one shot in the Palace game against Everton earlier this month? It just coudn't be worse and in my opinion cost them two points lol.
  • Options
    Pavel Abbot!
  • Options
    Danny Green vs Middlesborough when he had an empty net but decided to bring it under
  • Options
    Bartlett away to Fulham. If I remember correctly, ended 0 0 after Bartlett stood on the ball when he simply had to tap it over the line.
  • Options

Robbo in the last minute away to Bolton in the 1/4 final of the FA Cup, 1 yard out.

That one is in the "haunting late misses" category. Looked a certain goal....

Shaun Bartlett(?) v Fulham at Loftus Road. Simple chance....smashed against the bar. Then that crap Argentinian matey scored and got his silly mask out.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Not CAFC, but I cannot watch this clip without cracking up........."What's he done?!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYOA4BXIqk
  • Options
    VG - That has to be the worst miss ever. He wasn't stretching for the ball or under pressure. If a defender managed to clear it from there we'd say he was a genius!
  • Options

VG - That has to be the worst miss ever. He wasn't stretching for the ball or under pressure. If a defender managed to clear it from there we'd say he was a genius!

Edit - Damo's is as good.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Andy Jones Oldham away....cannot remember what year...was on the plastic pitch i think......shocking

This - Andy even looked at the plastic pitch to try and find a plastic divot.

• Options
    Torres' miss against Man Utd where he rounded the keeper and spaffed it past the post is the worst one in recent memory. I remember not long after that in our L1 season we played Chesterfield and one of their strikers missed an open goal prompting chants of 'are you Torres in disguise?' It was Leon Clarke.
  • Options
    Anyone got a clip of Church's one last night then?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I have a vague recollection of a match at Selhurst (against Arsenal?) where Steve MacKenzie had a piledriver of a shot that went out for a throw.
  • Options
    Luckily he was a mile offside anyway so it did not matter in the end.
  • Options
    Garth Crooks v QPR at Selhurst. Literally had an open goal, put it wide. We won 1-0, Maddix og after great work by Morts. Met Crooks at an event a few years after and I mentioned it - he wasn't amused.
  • Options
    I've got an awful Mrs, that's why i'm holed up in Scotland...
  • Options

Kim Grant's famous miss at The Valley - was it against Notts C?

Was that the game when after the miss everyone well nearly everyone booed him and curbs said it was disgusting to hear it ?
  • Options

Andy Jones Oldham away....cannot remember what year...was on the plastic pitch i think......shocking

This - Andy even looked at the plastic pitch to try and find a plastic divot.

That's true! It was actually a square-pass from Gordon Watson - they had both sprung the offside trap - and Watson rolled it across the six-yard box for Jones who side-footed it over the bar and the open goal from about six yards out.

Jones then looked down at the astroturf as if the ball had bobbled, it was an absolute classic!
  • Options
    Think my brother would agree I win this. I know its not real football but on Fifa 14 I was less than a yard out, it was a open goal and instead of shooting I pressed pass, it went to my player by the corner flag and he went on to beat me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Garry nelson v brighton at upton park! I think robert lee squared the ball across in front of goal only for nels to somehow let ball roll though this legs a yard out
  • Options
    Pringle at Walsall - am thinkng that match was live on Sky?? Great pie and pint before the game in the supporters club and then a camera close up of myself, Clem Snide' Rothko and others celebrating like loons after one of our goals....
  • Options
    Andy Jones v Everton at Selhurst... vague recollection of him missing from about a yard out or something at the Sainsburys end...
  • Options
    Leaburn v spurs at Selhurst. About three yards out to put us three one up but managed to hit post. Went up other end and scored and beat us four two. Think Mitchell Thomas scored overhead kick.
  • Options
    I suppose he must of done but I cannot recall the Killer missing a sitter.
  • Options
    I think there was a Kanu one where he struck the crossbar from directly beneath it. He couldn't have repeated that if he tried
  • Options
    boogica said:

Kim Grant's famous miss at The Valley - was it against Notts C?

Was that the game when after the miss everyone well nearly everyone booed him and curbs said it was disgusting to hear it ?
    The lowest point was when we scored a fourth of fifth, and Grant walked solemnly back to the halfway line while his teammates celebrated. Horrible.

Think my brother would agree I win this. I know its not real football but on Fifa 14 I was less than a yard out, it was a open goal and instead of shooting I pressed pass, it went to my player by the corner flag and he went on to beat me

I feel your pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Am_JPhAk0&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Kevin Lisbie away at Sunderland.

Oh yes

• Options
    Leaburn. Open goal. He hits the ref.

Admittedly he then stumbled the ball into the goal and scored, but Carlo was about the only player capable of missing an open goal by hitting the one man on the pitch who was not playing.
  • Options
    My missus is awful too :P