Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worse gig you've ever been to but who you expected to be good?

don't know if this has already been done, if not; the worse gig i've been to was iggy pop at the rainbow back in the 80's. really suprised me because i've always liked most of his stuff particularly the " lust for life " album but he had a stinker that night and i walked out long before the end?

Comments

• Options
    Genesis Lamb Lies Down on Broadway tour. Absolute bollocks.
  • Options
    Air Traffic, had a few hits a few years ago and were "the next coldplay".

Drummer kept losing time and was generally a shite gig.
  • Options
    Guns n Roses
  • Options
    Swervedriver at the Venue New Cross.
  • Options
    Bob Dylan at the O2 a couple of years ago. £85 ticket. He didn't say a word to the audience - like we weren't there! No engagement. His voice is shot! Played too much new stuff and the old stuff was 're-arranged'. Very disappointed. Love his older stuff and seen him before when he was great.
  • Options
    The lightning seeds when supporting squeeze about 3 years ago were off the scale shite.
  • Options
    Bowie at Wembley Arena on the 'Outsiders' tour. He was grinning like he'd done the biggest line in history and played like it.
  • Options
    Nina Simone. The audience were a real inconvenience to her. She was completely detached from the event. It was awful.
  • Options
    the vaccines at brixton academy about 2 years ago sounded awful!!!
  • Options
    Los Lobos - The Forum
    Just wandered in there really, whole concert in Spanish, and only knew La Bamba.

Primal Scream - Elephant and Castle (Coronet?)
    Bobby Gillespie was a mess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Electric 6 also at the Venue, somehow shite.

Anthrax at Edinburgh playhouse in the 80s. Meh.

Rage against the machine at reading. You might impress middle class students with this pish, but not me. Insipid.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Los Lobos -

They did play at my work yes, so did Justin Timberlake at one point. We've got the Palma Violets on there on Dec 5th.
  • Options
    Tony Bennett at the Royal Albert Hall last year. Ludicrously priced tickets, was supposed to be a 90 minute show with an interval. Popped out after 40 minutes to get ahead of the rush, came back 10 minutes later to find he was doing his last number. No encore. No guests either, which was a bit of a surprise given he was touring his second Duets album.

(Elvis Costello at the same venue made up for it though)
  • Options
    Not a terrible gig by any means, but I came away pretty disappointed after seeing The Specials for the first time. It was a small show at the 100 Club that my mate had won tickets to, and he invited me as he knew I was gutted to have missed them when they'd played a few months earlier.

I dunno what it was really - whether I'd built it up to much in my head, lack of atmosphere due to too many competition winners there, or whether they were just a bit off, but I left with a really unexpected empty feeling.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Los Lobos -

They did play at my work yes, so did Justin Timberlake at one point. We've got the Palma Violets on there on Dec 5th.
    This was probably 6,7,8 years ago.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Los Lobos -

This was probably 6,7,8 years ago.
    It used to host a lot more gigs back then. For some reason now it's more of a clubby place.
  • Options
    Rush at the O2 in May, Clockwork Angels Tour. The sound was all over the place, literally. The band seemed completely out of time with each other, which wasn't the case according to a mate who was at the front. Acoustics were awful, don't think the sound system was properly set up for the O2.
  • Options
    The Stone Roses this year.
  • Options
    Bon Jovi in 89. They'd progressed to arena gigs and I caught them at Birmingham's NEC. What a soulless, un-edgy event that was. Haven't been to such a large indoor gig since.
  • Options
    Happy Mondays - Brixton 02. I wanted to be a great night but by the end of it my bed was the highlight of a very forgetable crap night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Van Morrison twice and came away both times profoundly disappointed. Should've learnt my lesson the first, I s'pose.
  • Options
    Not really a gig as such, but Wu Tang at Glastonbury in 2011.
  • Options
    Same not really a gig but Manic Street Preachers. Saw them live headlining a festival. Gave my albums away after that. Saw them at a few other festivals when trying to get to other acts would up my pace to get away. Not had a reaction like that to a band before or since on their live performance.
  • Options
    Michael Jackson at the O2 in July 2009, the ba**ard didn't even turn up although he did have a doctor's note apparently..........
  • Options
    Spizz Energi at the Tramshed early 80s, based on Where's Captain Kirk, I went to see them..... awful, worst gig I have ever seen
  • Options

The lightning seeds when supporting squeeze about 3 years ago were off the scale shite.

I think you'll find it's every gig.

• Options
    Saw The Deep Dark Woods at the Bush Hall last year; first song was glorious and thought that it was going to be a standout evening; but then became a real bore, full of 20 minute organ (f'narr) solos

Thought Tom Waits at Edinburgh Playhouse was poor. A parody of himself.

Disappointed with Eels at End of the Road - so much less than their recorded output.
  • Options
    Level 42 - just so boring!
  • Options
    PJW1 said:

Level 42 - just so boring!

Should've nipped out for a fag.
  • Options
    Beck. Seen him a couple of times at brixton and was blown away. A few years later and he'd moved on to playing bigger venues & I went to see him play at the NEC. The sound was all over the place and it took half a song to realise what was playing. I blame the venue more than the artist for that though. Always make a point of avoiding these sort of places now.

Edit:
    Also, just remembered Bowie (probably around 1990) at the Exel centre during his changes tour. Don't know what his problem was that night, but seemed to really not give a shit, hardly engaging with the audience and having the right hump with everyone on stage with him...........